FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Midwest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwest-455/)
-   -   CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwest/1657720-cle-impact-other-airlines-gates-routes-equipment-etc-after-ua-de-hubbing.html)

buckeyefanflyer Apr 26, 2015 6:32 pm

I see UA is matching the competition somewhat CLE-FLL fare as low as $194.00 RT. They no longer fly the route nonstop but this the lowest fare I have ever seen them offer.

The reason for using the high end C gates probably has to do with help supporting the concessions where there are more in those gate areas and passengers would have to walk by the low end C gates anyway as far as those concession go. I would be interested in the speculation of what will happen.

ctownflyer Apr 27, 2015 1:13 am

Maybe B6 is hiring :)
http://i.dansdeals.com/wp-content/up.../DSC05573b.jpg

paule123 Apr 27, 2015 5:55 am

I noticed UA has removed the check-in kiosks that were on the bridge from short term parking, and seemed to be used fairly often by business travelers during the morning rush. I wonder how many pennies Jeff saved with that move... :rolleyes:

UAzip Apr 27, 2015 9:31 am

Originally Posted by paule123 (Post 24726390)
I noticed UA has removed the check-in kiosks that were on the bridge from short term parking, and seemed to be used fairly often by business travelers during the morning rush. I wonder how many pennies Jeff saved with that move... :rolleyes:

Noticed those were gone a few weeks ago anyway--not always that attentive but after the machines being there for so long, something looked weird. Maybe they had to pay the airport for the space or something? Can't imagine it would be much, but who knows...there's plenty of space at the counter now, although sometimes it is nice to be able to go to the A or B checkpoints to get around a mess at C, BP in hand without a detour to the counter.

RNE Apr 27, 2015 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer (Post 24724951)
The reason for using the high end C gates probably has to do with help supporting the concessions where there are more in those gate areas and passengers would have to walk by the low end C gates anyway as far as those concession go. I would be interested in the speculation of what will happen.

Also the close proximity of the Club is a factor. At least for a while; I have a standing prediction that the CLE Club will be closed before the end of 2016. Would be sooner were the GOP not coming to Cleveland that summer.

trk1 Apr 27, 2015 7:19 pm

United clubs

21 United Clubs are in airports with fewer flights and seats than Cle. A new club is even being built in Atl with only 11 mainline flights of 33 total. Cle will have a club far into the future 54 departures with 24 mainline will support a club anytime. San, Phl,Msp, Aus, Sat, San, Pdx, Phx, are all examples of far were passengers than Cle.

RNE Apr 27, 2015 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by trk1 (Post 24730330)
21 United Clubs are in airports with fewer flights and seats than Cle. A new club is even being built in Atl with only 11 mainline flights of 33 total. Cle will have a club far into the future 54 departures with 24 mainline will support a club anytime. San, Phl,Msp, Aus, Sat, San, Pdx, Phx, are all examples of far were passengers than Cle.

I've been wrong before. And I hope I am wrong now. But, of course, I'm not. ;)

CMK10 Apr 27, 2015 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 24730339)
I've been wrong before. And I hope I am wrong now. But, of course, I'm not. ;)

So put your money where your mouth is. I've got $100 that says the CLE UA Club stays open through the end of 2016.

RobS Apr 27, 2015 11:33 pm

Interesting DoT data: CLE Jan 2015 boardings are down only 5.7% from Jan 2014. Raw numbers: 249K vs. 264K

SFO777 Apr 27, 2015 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 24730458)
So put your money where your mouth is. I've got $100 that says the CLE UA Club stays open through the end of 2016.

At least until after the RNC convention.

coplatua1k Apr 28, 2015 5:48 am

Originally Posted by RobS (Post 24731168)
Interesting DoT data: CLE Jan 2015 boardings are down only 5.7% from Jan 2014. Raw numbers: 249K vs. 264K

Thanks to F9, and with NK this year the numbers will begin to move up. Flew out of A Sunday at 3PM, place looked liked C used to look. Still looking for one more airline as promised by CLE management....

Also nice to fly DL and AA mainline but I'd trade it all, even F9 low fares, for the CO hub days.

kit125 Apr 28, 2015 6:18 am

Originally Posted by coplatua1k (Post 24732034)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RobS

Thanks to F9, and with NK this year the numbers will begin to move up. Flew out of A Sunday at 3PM, place looked liked C used to look. Still looking for one more airline as promised by CLE management....

Also nice to fly DL and AA mainline but I'd trade it all, even F9 low fares, for the CO hub days.

Amen!

RNE Apr 28, 2015 11:53 am

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 24730458)

In the impossibly improbable event I'm wrong, I'll let you spend a week at my villa in Schiaparelli. It's on the north rim, which means it has a great view of the sunset (on Mars). ;)

CMK10 Apr 28, 2015 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 24733980)
In the impossibly improbable event I'm wrong, I'll let you spend a week at my villa in Schiaparelli. It's on the north rim, which means it has a great view of the sunset (on Mars). ;)

So in other words despite your assurance, you aren't willing to take me at my wager? Got it.

RNE Apr 28, 2015 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 24734615)
So in other words despite your assurance, you aren't willing to take me at my wager? Got it.

My artless friend, if you cannot trust my predictions, why would you trust that I'd pay a lost bet? And even if I did, it would be with Martian złoty. Try to spend those at Carl's Jr. :D

Besides, I'm a deacon—an office of the church! You may engage in petty gambling, but I cannot. At least not with crass money. Come up with acceptable non-monetary stakes and I'll wager* with you, despite your artlessness.

*Assuming wagering doesn't violate a FlyerTalk TOS.

RNE, on the right side of the law.