Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:55 pm

Here are a few more pics. I had a heck of a time uploading these today.

Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:20 pm

In case you didn't see it earlier, here are a series of articles on CLE's proposed modest capital improvements (scroll down to the gallery for several pics), as well as the 10% traffic growth in the first quarter.

Cleveland Hopkins airport seeks fee increase on off-site parking, hotel shuttles to fund capital improvements | cleveland.com
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: UA
Anyone know if UA is continuing the non-stop season RSW / FLL flights next season?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:19 pm

Looks like all charters moved to the same common use ticket counters that Icelandair and WOW will be using.

Last edited by guy44134; Apr 29, 2018 at 7:18 pm
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:04 pm

Article from today's Plain Dealer about the arrival of the "Iceland Age" for travelers in CLE:

Cleveland air travel enters the Iceland age; Wow Air launches this week, Icelandair to follow | cleveland.com
Old May 5, 2018, 3:02 pm

WOW Air's Inaugural Flight

Check-in.

There were technical glitches with this flight.

Gate A11.

Gate A11 monitor.

Flight attendants from both arriving and departing flights.

A321 TF-MOM getting a water cannon salute (sorry for the poor quality!).

Director Robert Kennedy making remarks.

Fancy cake.

New TSA checkpoint upon exiting the FIS
RNE and pudgym29 like this.
Old May 6, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: AA US
^ "Wow," he said redundantly, "Thanks for all the pix!" From the looks of TSA, maybe it won't get too crowded if getting through Customs and Immigration meters the flow.
Old May 6, 2018, 3:32 pm

Remember there were only 80 inbound passengers on the inaugural flight. It will be interesting to see how efficient CBP and TSA are with a full load of 200 Pax + Crew.

Here are a few more pics outside door #1 on the departure level and the screens with both WOW and Icelandair. I still don't think they have the glitch with the arrivals board fixed.

RNE likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA MM
There's a Jetway at gate D2 now. Is this a recent re-install (and why?) or was it never removed? Thx.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
There's a Jetway at gate D2 now. Is this a recent re-install (and why?) or was it never removed? Thx.
I'm not sure about D2 specifically, but there were a couple of jet bridges remaining on D. I don't think they have added any.
Old May 11, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Random question - this may not be the appropriate discussion group for it, and if so, I apologize:

I have a day trip in June, with a flight departing in the morning (10:00 AM) and returning late the same day (~11:30 PM). The following day, I have an extended trip where I will be gone for 2+ weeks, with a flight departing at 5:30 A.M. Here's my dilemma... I don't want to take any bags with me on the day trip, but I will have a large suitcase for the longer trip, and I don't really want to get a hotel room, since the next trip departs so early. In this hyper-secure world, is there any place/service where I can stow my bag during the day trip?
Old May 11, 2018, 12:20 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by plinth857
Random question - this may not be the appropriate discussion group for it, and if so, I apologize:

I have a day trip in June, with a flight departing in the morning (10:00 AM) and returning late the same day (~11:30 PM). The following day, I have an extended trip where I will be gone for 2+ weeks, with a flight departing at 5:30 A.M. Here's my dilemma... I don't want to take any bags with me on the day trip, but I will have a large suitcase for the longer trip, and I don't really want to get a hotel room, since the next trip departs so early. In this hyper-secure world, is there any place/service where I can stow my bag during the day trip?
Arrange for a family member (or someone else you don't mind inconveniencing) to drive to the airport in the middle of the night with your bag.
Old May 11, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100

The United Club has a baggage storage area (unsecured) but hours are something like 5am - 9pm (and you'd have to pay for a day pass if you don't have a membership)

Check it with the bellhop at the airport Sheraton?
Old May 11, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA MM

In most cases, airlines will let you check your bag up to 24 hours ahead of departure. Why not just check it when you arrive for your day trip?
Old May 11, 2018, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
In most cases, airlines will let you check your bag up to 24 hours ahead of departure. Why not just check it when you arrive for your day trip?
I am not certain that this is correct. You can certainly check in online 24 ahead of departure, but generally you cannot check your bag in more that 3-4 hours prior to departure. Check with your individual airline. As another poster mentioned, call the Airport Sheraton and see if they just might let you store your bag. Otherwise, I'm not sure what other options you have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.