FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mexico (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mexico-480/)
-   -   MEX - Mexico City International Airport / 🛫AICM🛬 master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mexico/1438717-mex-mexico-city-international-airport-aicm-master-thread.html)

uni3052 Nov 1, 2012 5:07 pm

I just realized that you are flying DL and not UA. As someone else already mentioned, you will be arriving at T2. Keep your boarding pass handy, you'll need it to ride the skytrain to T1. As you exit customs/immigration, go upstairs and follow the signs to the train. The train runs every 10 minutes or so. Once at T1, turn right at the end of the bridge and walk a few hundreds yards until you reach the Krispy Krem stand :) Turn left and you will find the bus terminal at the end of the hall.

londinense Nov 1, 2012 5:36 pm

Buses to QRO from MEX

The buses depart from T2 and then head to T1, so there is no need to take the Skytren.

JDiver Nov 3, 2012 11:26 am

londinense is correct about busses departing from both terminals; the linked website above for AICM states:

En la Terminal 1 del AICM, la terminal terrestre se ubica frente a la rampa vehicular del área internacional y sus instalaciones cuentan con diversos servicios para comodidad de los pasajeros. Entre otros, cuenta con salas VIP, internet, salas de descanso, lectura y juntas; así también la terminal ofrece áreas de comida rápida, compras, souvenirs y casas de cambio.

(Summary: For terminal 1, the land terminal is in front of the vehicle ramp in the international area, and includes VIP lounge, Internet, rest, reading and meeting rooms. The terminal also offers fast food, shopping, souvenirs and currency exchange.)

En la Terminal 2 del AICM, la terminal terrestre se ubica en la sala D, entre la puerta 4 y la salida de los pasajeros de las llegadas nacionales, y entre sus instalaciones cuenta con salas de descanso y áreas de comida rápida.

(Summary: For Terminal 2, the land terminal is located at concourse D between door 4 and the exit for domestic passengers, and includes rest rooms and fast food.)

SFO_FT Dec 23, 2012 5:02 pm

MEX Airport Terminals 1 Arrivals meeting area

A friend and I are both arriving T1 midnight to 1am at MEX, international flights arriving 1 hours apart. Any suggestions for where to meet landside -- is there a convenient location, such as a 24 hour restaurant, we could tell each other to meet?

Thanks!

londinense Dec 29, 2012 6:48 am

Take a look at the official website. It will indicate which cafes and restauranst are open 24/24. It is a large terminal so there will be a large choice
http://www.aicm.com.mx/servicioausua...ERAGES&Grupo=2

Section 107 Jan 9, 2013 12:17 am

or try the hotels across the street from the airport.

JDiver Feb 15, 2013 12:57 pm

Moderator action

We've added a master guidepost for MEX and merged several threads with MEX questions into this thread. We've done the same with the MEX connection thread (linked to in the first post).

Feel free to add resources and knowledge - we will attempt to update the master guidepost with your help.

JDiver, Senior Moderator

bowdenj Feb 27, 2013 3:31 pm

My first visit to MEX is this weekend (03/01/13 - 03/04/13) - thanks for the great thread - lots of useful information for a first timer!

pjcanoe Mar 10, 2013 8:42 am

Lounges in MEX Terminal 1

Edit: looks like Aeromexico lounge in T1 is also an option. which would you choose?

I have a Priority Pass and Amex so I have a choice of 3 lounges when I depart MEX next week: AA Admirals Club, United Club or the Amex lounge. Any advice about which is the nicest or has best services?
Thanks

JDiver Mar 10, 2013 10:24 pm

I like the AMEX / Centurión lounge, myself, and the Admirals Club isn't bad - a bit old school looking but with nice attendants.

Originally Posted by pjcanoe (Post 20394021)
Edit: looks like Aeromexico lounge in T1 is also an option. which would you choose?

I have a Priority Pass and Amex so I have a choice of 3 lounges when I depart MEX next week: AA Admirals Club, United Club or the Amex lounge. Any advice about which is the nicest or has best services?
Thanks

beofotch May 7, 2013 4:17 pm

Some questions for the crew here. Me and 4 friends have all booked award tickets to MEX from various USA cities to go to valle de bravo for a long weekend. 4 of us arrive in Terminal 1 around 1PM, and 1 of us arrives in Terminal 2 around 1PM. We have a hertz car rental.

1) What is the best way for all of us to meet? At this point I am thinking at the Hertz counter at Arrivals in Terminal 1 (and have the Terminal 2 guy take the skytrain to meet us there - keep his boarding pass).

2) Are the Hertz cars at MEX located directly at the airport? Or do we have to take some sort of shuttle?

3) I have made a Hertz reservation, but want to by the extra insurance that is usually a good idea in Mexico. Anyone have any recomendations of an online website where I can buy this insurance for our 3 day car rental? We drop off and pick up at MEX.

4) Will it be hard to figure out how to get on the highway to Toluca and Valle de Bravo? While I am a gringo, I have driven in some crazy places (Sicily, Panama City) and am used to city driving. I have also driven twice between Puerto Vallarta and Punta Mita. Are there any apps we can use that rely just on GPS so we don't have to use the data plan on our phones? And will the Wal-Mart outside of Toluca be hard to find?

Best regards,

Beofotch

beofotch May 20, 2013 6:00 am

Bump...

bbeliko May 23, 2013 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by beofotch (Post 20713842)

4) Will it be hard to figure out how to get on the highway to Toluca and Valle de Bravo? While I am a gringo, I have driven in some crazy places (Sicily, Panama City) and am used to city driving. I have also driven twice between Puerto Vallarta and Punta Mita. Are there any apps we can use that rely just on GPS so we don't have to use the data plan on our phones? And will the Wal-Mart outside of Toluca be hard to find?

Best regards,

Beofotch

I've never dealt with car rental in MEX, so I can't help you there.

There is a beltway (well it's not a beltway yet but that's not the point), that will take you from the airport to the Toluca highway, it should cost about 20 bucks and it's significantly longer, but depending on how bad traffic is it could save you a lot of time, I live near the exit to Toluca and it's often the best option to get to MEX. But whether it's worth it or not depends on how bad the traffic is.

Otherwise crossing the city is not particularly hard, you'll be sticking to the main roads and from the airport to the highway it's pretty much a straight line.

juniordk2000 Jul 14, 2013 8:59 am

Are there any companies offering fast track immigration at MEX ?

JDiver Jul 14, 2013 4:33 pm

Not that I have ever seen or heard of.

Originally Posted by juniordk2000 (Post 21094404)
Are there any companies offering fast track immigration at MEX ?