FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mexico (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mexico-480/)
-   -   MEX - Mexico City International Airport / 🛫AICM🛬 master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mexico/1438717-mex-mexico-city-international-airport-aicm-master-thread.html)

flugvergnugen Dec 28, 2011 7:56 am

Seems like Mexican agents are taking lessons from the US... ;)

Joking aside, this is very out of the ordinary. Normally there are 10-15+ agents on duty. Perhaps a manifestation of "Guadalupe-Reyes", ie, agents being "sick" on just on vacation...

M60_to_LGA Dec 29, 2011 1:50 pm

The first time I flew into MEX I also experienced an hour-plus wait in line. However, other times the process has gone very quickly. I really have no idea what goes on in that airport...

(And it's not just with immigration. Once I was flying out of MEX in January, and in the passage that leads from the big duty-free store to the US airlines' gates, I swear they had the a/c on. I could see my breath in the terminal!)

hellothere May 9, 2012 3:31 pm

Meeting place in MEX airport

I'm meeting my wife next weekend in Mexico City and ideally in the MEX airport. However, I arrive in terminal 1 and she gets in to terminal 2.

I've read that I can't take the air train to terminal 2 without a boarding pass, so I can't meet her at her arrival gate.

If I take the ground transportation I assume I'll be outside security, so, is there an obvious arrivals gate at terminal 2 everyone arriving has to go through that I can easily meet her at?

Thanks in advance.

Seachain May 13, 2012 12:38 pm

simplest angle is to avoid the can i/ can't i issues and just agree a meeting point landside. say the Red Barron? not that big and plenty of space no matter the time of day. plus you can enjoy a shot while you wait (dutifully!)...

best wishes!
G

JOUY31 May 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Moving this thread to the Mexico forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz co-moderator

flugvergnugen May 15, 2012 8:23 am

Originally Posted by hellothere (Post 18544979)
is there an obvious arrivals gate at terminal 2 everyone arriving has to go through that I can easily meet her at?

There is one exit for international arrivals, and one exit for domestic arrivals. Can't miss either. Also, there are "bleachers" you can sit in and wait for your party to come out of either exit.

flugvergnugen Jun 7, 2012 12:31 pm

New Metrobus Line 4 MEX <-> Downtown

Thought I'd mention it since there are a few questions about layovers in MEX and the easiest way of getting to the city center.

The new line picks up at both terminals (door 7 in T1, unsure about T2), and goes downtown using its own right of way, so apparently with little interference from traffic. According to the plentiful help staff, it takes about 30mins irrespective of the time of day. Fare is $30, payable by smartcard that can be purchased for $10 at vending machines just inside the terminal where the bus leaves ($ = MXN ;) ). There is a bus every 15mins or so, according to the help staff.

Downtown the bus runs along Republica de Venezuela, and the stop for the Zocalo is on the corner of Republica de Argentina, about 4 blocks north.

myleguy Jun 20, 2012 11:46 am

How about taking the metreo from the airport?

I read a couple of sources which state that taking the subway in from MEX was "discouraged" if you have luggage. Any one have experience with this? My hotel looks like it is near the Etiopia station if that matters and I will be arriving at about 8 pm.

myleguy Jul 12, 2012 10:59 am

I used this service to/from the airport and around town several times recently. It works well, is reasonable and seems safe. The regular (non-airport) fare is 5 pesos. The only caveat is that the stops are not announced so you have to pay attention.

JDiver Jul 12, 2012 9:27 pm

A bit late for a reply, but take a (legitimate) taxi, please. Or use a shared ride shuttle van. But the Metro, with luggage and at that time, others might differ with me, but I would pass.

mud261 Jul 25, 2012 7:25 pm

[no] Arrival Lounge Access at MEX

I am flying in from JFK, a friend is flying in from LAX landing 3 hours later than me into MEX. We are both flying Skyteam into Terminal 2 International. I'm wondering if anyone knows if once I land I would be able to access the Aeromexico lounge or if they make you go through passport control and customs immediately after deplaning? Thanks!

flugvergnugen Jul 27, 2012 8:53 am

You are sent to immigration/customs immediately. No way to access any lounge.

JDiver Jul 29, 2012 1:21 pm

In the recent old days, there was no separation between departing and arriving passengers. That is no longer the case AFAIK, and you must exit Migración and Aduana to landside. There are cafes, restaurants, etc. but no arrivals lounges available to the best of my knowledge.

flugvergnugen Aug 1, 2012 9:05 am

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 19023182)
In the recent old days, there was no separation between departing and arriving passengers.

Only in T1 was there no separation. T2 was built with segregated levels from the beginning.

NC_Girl Oct 25, 2012 10:28 am

MEX Airport Questions

I have only traveled to MEX and left the airport in the past, this will be my first time transferring to a domestic airline so have a few questions:

Delta - Aeromexico
flying Sunday
ATL-MEX-QRO

1)I need to change dollars.
Will this be readily available in both Domestic and International terminals?

2)I assume I arrive into the International Terminal and go thru customs and then will end up in the Domestic? I will be checking 3 bags,
what is the process for rechecking luggage thru customs and immigration?

3)The First Class lounge (am upgraded) in the International terminal is very very nice, but
I will only have access to the lounge in the domestic terminal, correct? Is food served??

4)My layover is 5 hours, mid-day.
If no food in the lounge, what restaurants do you recommend or other things to do?

5) Lost my sim card, need to purchase another:
will this be available in the Domestic terminal?