Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Concierge Email: [email protected]

Property Email: [email protected]

SPG INSTANT AWARDS

SPG Participation Policy

There are no standard rooms at this resort; therefore, Starpoint Award reservations must be booked at a higher Starpoint rate through your local customer contact center. Also, since all accommodations are either suites or villas, upgrades for Starwood Preferred Guest members do not apply.

Non-Smoking Policy

The resort is committed to providing guests and associates with an enhanced quality of air and environment by providing 100% non-smoking guest rooms, suites, and villas. Violations of this policy will incur a 250 USD penalty. Designated smoking areas are available in public areas.

Seclusion Day Information: March 9, 2016

Nyepi, known as the “Day of Silence,” marks the celebration of the Balinese New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar. A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of great bamboo monsters, and fireworks occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion. The community strongly believes that if the island is silent and dark, the bad spirits will leave and the new year will start in peace. During Nyepi, from 6am until 6am the next day, the island stops. Nobody is allowed in the streets, use of electricity is restricted, and the international airport is closed.

In 2016, Nyepi will fall on Wednesday, March 9. Please note that check-in and checkout will not be possible on Nyepi Day, and Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) will be closed. Some of the resort facilities will operate as usual; however, there will be no transportation services to and from the resort, and televisions will not be available. Lights will be dimmed inside and there will be no outdoor lighting. Our pools and garden areas will still be accessible except for the beach. Only indoor seating will be available at Boneka Restaurant. Gourmand Deli will close at 8pm. King Cole Bar will remain closed.

We kindly invite you to respect this sacred day and observe these restrictions. Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6am on Thursday, March 10.

Print Wikipost

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by FlyingChris47
Anyone know if breakfast is inclusive on points bookings? Currently have a reservation at the RC for 200k/5 nights (reservation states breakfast not inc), but thinking of booking the SR for 260k.

I know breakfast is included for Platinum members but not sure if it does for the other statuses.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold,VS, BA.
Originally Posted by acefspadez
I know breakfast is included for Platinum members but not sure if it does for the other statuses.
My thought was that it doesn't appear possible to make a cash booking that doesn't include breakfast, and according to Cthunder86's post below seemed to suggest it might be on points. Didn't know if anyone had booked a points stay here without status and knew. As someone without status would certainly save a chunk of change if it was.

Originally Posted by Cthunder86

He also said inclusive was included?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:57 pm

Thoughts on an Ocean vs Orchid suite? Both are available on points right now for the dates I'm looking at.

Last edited by pw158; Aug 31, 2018 at 11:03 pm
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:44 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Thinking on booking via cash for a stay in mid-sept. Current rate for base room is 7.2m IDR / night.
Can't find any BRG atm, any better deals out there ? Any advise appreciated
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by jedicat666
Thinking on booking via cash for a stay in mid-sept. Current rate for base room is 7.2m IDR / night.
Can't find any BRG atm, any better deals out there ? Any advise appreciated
Z3R/Z6R rates are best I found, stayed for 3.5M/night in July.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 5:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by porkie
Do these still exist?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:02 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Tried this rate but...
(Promotion Code: Z3R - Buy 2 Nights, get 1 free is invalid.)
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Do these still exist?
They do, all those SPG promo codes are still working fine for properties that used to support them. Only exception is SPG50 which sadly is no longer bookable, but amount of properties where it was worth booking was very limited anyway.

Tried this rate but...
(Promotion Code: Z3R - Buy 2 Nights, get 1 free is invalid.)
Make sure that your search is for 3 nights (6, 9 etc. will also work), I just checked mid September and the rate is 4.5M IDR/night. You can also stack this with citi prestige 4th night free and bring it down to 3.4M/nights for 6 nights.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:57 am
IHG 5+ Badge

They do, all those SPG promo codes are still working fine for properties that used to support them. Only exception is SPG50 which sadly is no longer bookable, but amount of properties where it was worth booking was very limited anyway.

Make sure that your search is for 3 nights (6, 9 etc. will also work), I just checked mid September and the rate is 4.5M IDR/night. You can also stack this with citi prestige 4th night free and bring it down to 3.4M/nights for 6 nights.
Can you specify if you are using the app or site ? SPG or Mariott ?
Thanks loads.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:05 am

Can you specify if you are using the app or site ? SPG or Mariott ?
Thanks loads.
I'm using the website, you need to select the hotel on Marriott site and then wait till you're redirected to the old SPG site, there you can apply the promo code and see the rates.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:26 am
IHG 5+ Badge

I'm using the website, you need to select the hotel on Marriott site and then wait till you're redirected to the old SPG site, there you can apply the promo code and see the rates.
Not sure where im going wrong but this is what i see. Do you have to check in on specific days ?

Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:31 am

Not sure where im going wrong but this is what i see. Do you have to check in on specific days ?
Seems like the minimum stay for this code is 6 nights, if you select 3 it indeed shows no availability. It works for me for stay from 14th to 20th but not 14th-17th.
jedicat666 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold
St Regis Pool Suite vs Suite

I have a St Regis pool suite that was booked pre merger for 195k Marriott points for 2 nights. I tried calling in to get it adjusted, so far they said they can't find a comparable rate. I was wondering if anyone had book the St regis pool suite recently and how many points it was. Not sure if the pool suite is worth the extra 87k points over the st regis suite. What do you guys think ?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:30 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
It used to be just 9k Marriott over the base suite. I would not pay double the room rate for a small and not private (as in, swim naked private) pool. In this resort in particular it’s nicer to go hang out in the Lagoon or by the beach pool in any case.
porkie likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by ntle
I have a St Regis pool suite that was booked pre merger for 195k Marriott points for 2 nights. I tried calling in to get it adjusted, so far they said they can't find a comparable rate. I was wondering if anyone had book the St regis pool suite recently and how many points it was. Not sure if the pool suite is worth the extra 87k points over the st regis suite. What do you guys think ?
I definitely wouldn't pay double for pool suite, the pool isn't even private as guests staying on the floors above you can still see you from their windows. Go for standard room and get SNA to upgrade to pool or just hope for standard plat upgrade. While they don't upgrade to villas, scoring an upgrade to the pool suite is very likely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.