Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa - Amphur Cha-Am, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 13, 2023, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa - Amphur Cha-Am, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:48 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Originally Posted by BritinJapan
Pran Buri food was awful, full post there.

Warning now its policy NOT to let Plats use the pool access suites !!
IME food are not awful and mocktail and cocktail menu in lounge are move from hua hin to pranburi.
Pool access suite are not in Plat upgrade pool. I didn't see it when i use SNA at this property.
IMO if you get other suite that not available on SNA that mean They give you beyond normal upgrade.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: SPG LTPlat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by nongsom
IME food are not awful and mocktail and cocktail menu in lounge are move from hua hin to pranburi.
Pool access suite are not in Plat upgrade pool. I didn't see it when i use SNA at this property.
IMO if you get other suite that not available on SNA that mean They give you beyond normal upgrade.
They could not cook an omelette, nor thai noodles at breakfast, at dinner the rice was inedible ( RICE !!!! ) the sauce for the curries was like water.
The bread was stale, I ended up ordering a hamburger and it was the best meal I had, in Thailand !!!

Again things have changed, and of course they can change back and I was told by a number of people that they are aware of problems and I am sure they will get fixed, but until that happens be aware.

We are all entitled to our opinions, glad you did not experience what we had.
I had Pad Thai twice, once awful the other time was Ok. Maybe we were just unlucky but when I talked to the ex chef he was not surprised and said they were working on a number of things
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by BritinJapan
They could not cook an omelette, nor thai noodles at breakfast, at dinner the rice was inedible ( RICE !!!! ) the sauce for the curries was like water.
The bread was stale, I ended up ordering a hamburger and it was the best meal I had, in Thailand !!!

Again things have changed, and of course they can change back and I was told by a number of people that they are aware of problems and I am sure they will get fixed, but until that happens be aware.

We are all entitled to our opinions, glad you did not experience what we had.
I had Pad Thai twice, once awful the other time was Ok. Maybe we were just unlucky but when I talked to the ex chef he was not surprised and said they were working on a number of things
Did you mean Sheraton Pranburi ?
IIRC they didn't have padthai in morning breakfast but omelet is available and regular noodle available.
Maybe it have some communication language problem ?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 1:26 am

Are drinks free for PLT's in the club at certian times?

Is there a mandatory x-mas dinner charge or anything that may not seen in the day rate?

Last edited by kmcbrid2; Nov 1, 2014 at 1:58 am
Old Nov 1, 2014, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
Are drinks free for PLT's in the club at certian times?

Is there a mandatory x-mas dinner charge or anything that may not seen in the day rate?
No mandatory x-mas dinner

Evening drink(alcohol) 17.30-19.30 with canape cake fruit and some hot item

All day soft drink & snack(by order,10 items) 10.30-17.30

You can check mandatory condition for each property at hotel website and check on announcement link
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:54 pm

Back as Britinjapan 2

Yes Pranburi, no I did not mean Pad Thai for breakfast, this was lunch.

No communication problem, omlete available but they could not manage it ! Thai noodles also available but seemed not to know how to cook !!
Old Mar 18, 2015, 2:04 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
Any recent reviews? I'm planning to stay next month and hoping for a pool access suite, although it seems unlikely.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by miloworld
Any recent reviews? I'm planning to stay next month and hoping for a pool access suite, although it seems unlikely.
Pool access suite are not in upgrade pool.
More chance to upgrade if you not stay in fri sat night or thailand long weekend period.
Upgrade is all room type of this property except pool access suite IME.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Most of the times i stayed there, they usually upgraded me to one of their (not really) oceanfront suites.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 9:04 am

I'm wondering if I should ask for a pool access room even if I was offered an oceanfront suite. It's really a different experience dipping in the pool after dark.

and from observing, the oceanfront suites aren't that amazing when in the morning you become exhibits for restaurant patrons.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 9:08 pm

I'm wondering if I should ask for a pool access room even if I was offered an oceanfront suite. It's really a different experience dipping in the pool after dark.

and from observing, the oceanfront suites aren't that amazing when in the morning you become exhibits for restaurant patrons.
Yes you can request this because this pool access room are in upgrade pool.
But pool access room is very popular/signature of this property if you are not in weekend/special event it will available.
Recommend to put your upgrade note on your booking preference.
This is the best way to tell hotel to prepare your upgrade room for you (if available).
Old Mar 19, 2015, 3:29 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus

I would absolutely recommend you to choose a pool access room over an oceanfront. As you say, some oceanfront rooms/suites, are opposite the beach bar.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 3:59 am

After looking at some of the resort events photo album, I'm praying this won't happen while I'm there. https://www.flickr.com/photos/sheratonhuahin/

Their indian weddings/events seem to occupy the entire resort and hijack the atmosphere of the place. I will literally start crying if it happens in the middle of my quiet vacation.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:21 pm

After looking at some of the resort events photo album, I'm praying this won't happen while I'm there. https://www.flickr.com/photos/sheratonhuahin/

Their indian weddings/events seem to occupy the entire resort and hijack the atmosphere of the place. I will literally start crying if it happens in the middle of my quiet vacation.
The best way to avoid this situation is email to hotel to check date of india wedding event.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:40 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
I am considering bringing my family of four here in late July for three nights. We were offered a ocean front suite with two roll aways for 23,500 including lounge access. Is this worth it? Should we also consider a pool access room instead?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.