Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa - Amphur Cha-Am, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 13, 2023, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa - Amphur Cha-Am, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
Originally Posted by remymartin
PS. I actually think it's great that they proactively told you about the wedding at check-in. This is a serious issue at this property - some people extend their weddings for 3 days and basically take over the place. Last time I was there people partying at the beach had me wake up around 5am.. Perhaps it's a hint to use earplugs or water guns?
I agree its great they told but its a bit late isn't it? What are they going to do at that point? Most people will just endure particularly if they don't want to throw away money.
The "serious issue" bit makes me 100% unlikely to book this property. I totally get why the hotel will do it for revenue but for me to stay there with my wife for a quiet time - no way. The "hint" for me is I'm not going there. There are other good properties in Hua Hin.
But I love FT because we can learn about these issues so appreciate all the info

Last edited by yosithezet; Jun 26, 2016 at 11:22 pm
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
The menu is readily available on most (all?) tables. Knowing how much 3rdworldresident travels, it really sounds like this is a change in policy. 3rdworldresident - could you perhaps discretly ask the club manager if their policy has changed?

PS. I actually think it's great that they proactively told you about the wedding at check-in. This is a serious issue at this property - some people extend their weddings for 3 days and basically take over the place. Last time I was there people partying at the beach had me wake up around 5am.. Perhaps it's a hint to use earplugs or water guns?
IIRC, i didn't see a menu on any tables when i was checked in (around 1.30pm at the club lounge). Seems like the policy has changed indeed. I actually plan not to visit the club lounge anymore for the rest of my stay but tomorrow i will give it a chance and inquire about this.

refer to the (indian) wedding, it's good to know in advance and they did warn me about it 2 days before arrival by email and informed me again at check-in.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
But the hotel gives advance notice on their website of these weddings so it really shouldn't be a surprise.

As to the menus, I don't think it is a policy change, rather an inattention to detail by some staff on some days.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by estnet
But the hotel gives advance notice on their website of these weddings so it really shouldn't be a surprise.

As to the menus, I don't think it is a policy change, rather an inattention to detail by some staff on some days.
will report again tomorrow. (thailand local time)
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Perhaps it's a hint to use ... water guns?
You'll find that filling said water gun with white vinegar increases its effectiveness at persuading inconsiderate late night (early morning) partiers to reconsider their selfish attitude; filling it with ammonia increases the effectiveness even more!
Old Jun 23, 2016, 5:46 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
IIRC club snack menu always available at left side of club check in desk.Club food spread each day depend on numbers of club guest. If more than 40-50 club guest they will set up buffet after 10.30-11.00 am. Last time I don't see club snack menu on each table I don't know what happen but I will ask them for my next stay.
One-time I stay here with only 6 club guest in evening drink they don't setup buffet and use dayly snack menu to orders anything from it.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
just arrived today for a 3-night stay. A bit disappointed overall.

No welcome drink or towel at check-in. No mention of club lounge benefit or anything else at all. Just informed me about the wedding that will take place during my stay.

Booked 2 rooms with very cheap rate (brg) and got upgraded from standard to lagoon access both rooms. Found welcome card with other's name on it. Tiny welcome fruit was like it was there for a week ago.

Club lounge is what disappointed me most. It is now the worst club lounge in any SPG hotels in thailand. no more generous evening offering or during the day. Now it's on par with most lounges in US, only alcoholic beverages are still free. I suggest you should avoid it.

I felt that hotel was more stingy and try to cut cost of everything. I also felt the service has gone downhill.

Personally i may not return to stay here anymore. Hyatt regency or the newly-opened marriott will be my first 2 choices.

p.s. Sorry for my poor english.
When I check in at club I can take any drinks from club fridges sometime they ask me to have any drink or snack from snack menu. However you can also order fruit juice and they happy to bring it for you.
I always received club benefits detail in paper at check in.Welcome fruit in my room is vary if I stay in standard room it small but if I stay at lagoon access room it bigger.As your mentioned that wrong name of welcome card on your room I really sure that they have capacity problem and switch your another better room for you(Lagoon access is the most popular) but lack of staff to check up your room again and release this room for you.At this period is low season I believe that number of staff are also decrease and also effect with Indian wedding that used many of hotel staff.I don't stay at newly open Marriott yet but check on they website and they don't have club room.Room size is smaller than Sheraton.Also stay at Hyatt as diamond Club afternoon snack is only some nuts and fruit no hot item to order like Sheraton.The better is evening spread.
I stay at huahin at Dusit,Hilton,Intercon,Hyatt and Sheraton.At you rate as 2k+ / night at Sheraton lagoon access room is the best deal in huahin.I can compare all club spread and benefits.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by nongsom
When I check in at club I can take any drinks from club fridges sometime they ask me to have any drink or snack from snack menu. However you can also order fruit juice and they happy to bring it for you.
I always received club benefits detail in paper at check in.Welcome fruit in my room is vary if I stay in standard room it small but if I stay at lagoon access room it bigger.As your mentioned that wrong name of welcome card on your room I really sure that they have capacity problem and switch your another better room for you(Lagoon access is the most popular) but lack of staff to check up your room again and release this room for you.At this period is low season I believe that number of staff are also decrease and also effect with Indian wedding that used many of hotel staff.I don't stay at newly open Marriott yet but check on they website and they don't have club room.Room size is smaller than Sheraton.Also stay at Hyatt as diamond Club afternoon snack is only some nuts and fruit no hot item to order like Sheraton.The better is evening spread.
I stay at huahin at Dusit,Hilton,Intercon,Hyatt and Sheraton.At you rate as 2k+ / night at Sheraton lagoon access room is the best deal in huahin.I can compare all club spread and benefits.
- no mention about snack menu during the day at check-in.
- welcome fruit in both 'lagoon access' rooms were tiny and not fresh.
- rooms were in need of renovation.
- my personal thought: a good hotel should maintain their standard and level of service throughout the year, not depending on seasons or any special events.
- during the day, i rarely go to the club lounge. so the better evening spread is more important to me.
- marriott seems interesting. though smaller room, it was newly renovated and nicely laid out. the common area also look pretty good too. the location is far better. (i didn't stay there yet)
- i only stayed at Sheraton and Hyatt Regency in Hua Hin. Agreed that Sheraton has the best value for money. but i felt everything at Sheraton has gone downhill, especially the service, the more stingy policy.

it's still a nice property and you will most likely have a pleasant stay. however, i would say that it has passed its prime.

p.s. the club staff did offer me a drink and a towel during check-in process at the club lounge. i only took the towel.

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Jun 23, 2016 at 9:44 pm
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:39 pm

Good news.

refer to the complimentary snack during the day (10.30am-5.30pm) at the club lounge, it's still available. no change in policy.

IMO, the club staff should make this (and other club lounge benefits) clear at check-in.

my observation at breakfast buffet in the restaurant this morning: surprisingly it was better (both food and service) than last time i had. not too crowded either.

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Jun 23, 2016 at 9:45 pm
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:57 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
refer to the complimentary snack during the day (10.30am-5.30pm) at the club lounge, it's still available. no change in policy.

IMO, the club staff should make this (and other club lounge benefits) clear at check-in.

my observation at breakfast buffet in the restaurant this morning: surprisingly it was better (both food and service) than last time i had. not too crowded either.
Good news, sounds like I shouldn't give up on this hotel just yet (have a booking there over x-mas). Thanks for the report, 3rdworldresident!
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:09 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I have a 5 night stay coming up in Hua Hin, and currently hold three BRG reservations:

Sheraton THB2500++
Hyatt THB2400++ w/ DSU applied for the small, no-view suite
Sheraton Pranburi Villas THB4900++

I've stayed at the Hyatt, IC, and Evason (now Sheraton Villas) before, and would rank the Hyatt last, IC best. None of these hotels are amazing, but the price is right. I'm actually thinking of picking this (basic Sheraton) over the other options. Thoughts?
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by jpdx
I have a 5 night stay coming up in Hua Hin, and currently hold three BRG reservations:

Sheraton THB2500++
Hyatt THB2400++ w/ DSU applied for the small, no-view suite
Sheraton Pranburi Villas THB4900++

I've stayed at the Hyatt, IC, and Evason (now Sheraton Villas) before, and would rank the Hyatt last, IC best. None of these hotels are amazing, but the price is right. I'm actually thinking of picking this (basic Sheraton) over the other options. Thoughts?
I would suggest you to check the rate on spg.com again 2 days before arrival.

I found the room rate for my period as low as 2200++ thb. Fortunately my brg rate was still lower.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:12 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I would suggest you to check the rate on spg.com again 2 days before arrival.

I found the room rate for my period as low as 2200++ thb. Fortunately my brg rate was still lower.
Thanks! I know this place can be had at, maybe under THB2000++ (although somehow not yet for my dates). I guess my question is for those who've stayed at all three hotels: would you, if they cost roughly the same, pick this Sheraton over a confirmed suite at the Hyatt? Or would you pay twice as much for a pool villa at the Pranburi Sheraton?
Old Jun 24, 2016, 5:02 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Depends what you want to do. I would certainly prefer the pool villa at the Pranburi resort, but 5 days seems a bit long as it's rather remote. You didn't specify if you have a car etc.

To be honest, I rarely stay over 2 nights at the same property. Last time I was in Hua Hin I split my nights between the Sheraton (2), Sheraton Pranburi (2), Hyatt Regency (2) and the Hilton (1).
Old Jun 24, 2016, 5:23 am

Sheraton huahin IMO
Pranburi is nice but no lounge.
Hyatt is inferior day snack and breakfast.
I can combined day snack with evening drink at 5 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.