Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa - Amphur Cha-Am, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 13, 2023, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa - Amphur Cha-Am, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:17 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Originally Posted by b8b
I am considering bringing my family of four here in late July for three nights. We were offered a ocean front suite with two roll aways for 23,500 including lounge access. Is this worth it? Should we also consider a pool access room instead?
Good rate for suite = 7833 THB/Night
How old of your kids,swim ?
I recommend pool access suite for kids.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 2:42 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by b8b
I am considering bringing my family of four here in late July for three nights. We were offered a ocean front suite with two roll aways for 23,500 including lounge access. Is this worth it? Should we also consider a pool access room instead?
23500 points for 3 nights or 23500 points per night? i think it's quite a good deal if it is the total price for the stay (i valued 23500 points as approximately 620 USD). however, 23500 points per night for an oceanfront suite for 4 persons with lounge access is acceptable for me.

personally i quite often get that suite as platinum upgrade but i do prefer the lagoon access room instead. that suite itself has nothing spectacular but more spacious.

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Jul 8, 2015 at 10:31 am
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
23500 points for 3 nights or 23500 points per night? i think it's quite a good deal if it is the total price for the stay (i valued 23500 points as approximately 620 USD). however, 23500 points per night for an oceanfront suite for 4 persons with lounge access is acceptable for me.

personally i quite often get that suite as platinum upgrade but i do prefer the lagoon access room instead. nothing spectacular just more space you will have.
IMO upgrade to suite is 2x of normal redemption (7000=>14000)
I don't think this is starpoints
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nongsom
IMO upgrade to suite is 2x of normal redemption (7000=>14000)
I don't think this is starpoints
The oceanfront suite is not a standard suite at this hotel so more points needed for redemption plus the total number of guest is 4 (they need 2 rollaway beds) and all of them will be granted for lounge access. It seems reasonable for me.

Anyway, you may be right. I don't really know actually.

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Jul 8, 2015 at 6:54 am
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I found the lounge at this property nice, but inconveniently located. And unless the suite is legitimately cavernous, I think that USD $620/night is grossly overpriced. Just one person's opinion, however.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:49 am
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Thanks all for the advice, very helpful.

23,500 points per night for a category 3 ocean front suite

Originally Posted by nongsom
Good rate for suite = 7833 THB/Night
How old of your kids,swim ?
I recommend pool access suite for kids.
Nongsom - how are you getting that rate? Lowest I am seeing is 9,500 THB for Deluxe Lagoon Access Rooms.

I have two teenage boys.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:24 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Price very depending on season
.. You could also try to check SPG50 rate maybe it's useful.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:39 pm
b8b

Originally Posted by cln
Price very depending on season
.. You could also try to check SPG50 rate maybe it's useful.
Thanks, tried SPG50. No go. Good idea though
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
With 2 teenage boys the lounge access may save you a lot on food

The lounge is not the best location but with free snacks to order between breakfast and dinner if I was going with teenagers this would be a factor!
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by b8b
Thanks all for the advice, very helpful.

23,500 points per night for a category 3 ocean front suite

Nongsom - how are you getting that rate? Lowest I am seeing is 9,500 THB for Deluxe Lagoon Access Rooms.

I have two teenage boys.
Lowest rate i had seen for ocean front suite is 9500++ THB
It depend on period of stay
Old Jul 19, 2015, 4:30 pm
b8b

Originally Posted by estnet
With 2 teenage boys the lounge access may save you a lot on food

The lounge is not the best location but with free snacks to order between breakfast and dinner if I was going with teenagers this would be a factor!

This is encouraging to hear they have snacks to order between breakfast and dinner. Could save me a bundle indeed!

Does anyone know if there is a decent place to get an inexpensive massage at a spa nearby here?

Also, are there places to eat nearby with good Thai food?
Old Jul 19, 2015, 6:15 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
Originally Posted by b8b
Does anyone know if there is a decent place to get an inexpensive massage at a spa nearby here?
Plenty of massage parlour along the main road, near Hua Hin Market Village. Some more along the G Hua Hin resort street.
If you're driving, the mall has 3 hr free parking (even after closing), you can basically go every night!!

All stores have similar pricing and are ridiculously cheap, at around ฿250-300 per hr.

Originally Posted by b8b
Also, are there places to eat nearby with good Thai food?
I usually avoid mall food when travelling etc. But in Thailand, food court is where locals dine, the food court at Hua Hin Market Village has everything you might expect. There's actually two in the mall, the one in the basement is more 'commercial' but newer.

Also, try attending the weekend Cicada market, more expensive but enjoyable atmosphere with lots of food stalls.

Originally Posted by estnet
Originally Posted by b8b
This is encouraging to hear they have snacks to order between breakfast and dinner. Could save me a bundle indeed!
You guys are understating it. That lounge has a full-day menu!!
They don't just give you bite-size snacks, they're in full size.
I mean chicken/beef satay, club sandwich, fried shrimp..

After eating 12 satay sticks, I didn't have dinner that night, only went out for mango rice later

Last edited by miloworld; Jul 19, 2015 at 6:27 pm
Old Jul 19, 2015, 7:14 pm
b8b

Originally Posted by miloworld
...near Hua Hin Market Village. Some more along the G Hua Hin resort street.
weekend Cicada market, ...
Thanks, Miloworld. We'll be driven to the Sheraton, so it will be all taxi's or tuk tuk from there into town - are these places close to the hotel?

Originally Posted by miloworld
You guys are understating it. That lounge has a full-day menu!!
They don't just give you bite-size snacks, they're in full size.
I mean chicken/beef satay, club sandwich, fried shrimp..
Great to know, thank you!
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
All the places mentioned by Milo are far from the hotel (taxi about 200-300 baht for 20 minute drive) Hotel has a shuttle, but for 4 probably cheaper to take taxi.

for massage - there is a place you can walk to on the beach - not a spa but much cheaper. The hotel has a spa of course as well as offering massages near the beach.

there is a local Thai restaurant Chef Cha which is on the main road - you can walk or the hotel will drive you to the main road and then it is a 2 minute walk. In addition there is a local market each night with fresh fish, veg, etc as well as local food. This alternates sides of the road - so on alternate nights you might have to cross the 6 lane road and walk about 6 minutes to get to that one (and there are also local food stalls there) but I've always eaten from the market. On ?Monday there is a bigger one - includes some non food items as well (like the electric mosquito zapper I'd been looking for)
Old Aug 9, 2015, 11:01 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Current lounge snacks 10-5.30 satay, italian sand, fried mozz, spring rolls. Fruit plate and cake. Cant complain as free and unlimited, but not so tasty, would probably keep young kids happy.

Luna Lanai chef changed, not as tasty as before, but still good. Staff always friendly and helpfull, of course its a Thai resort so dont expect fast service !! This hotel is straange for me in that the management are invisible, I think I have stayed here 8-9 times and have never seen management,

Strangely they did the pest control at 6.00 pm a few nights ago, very unpleasant ! Now a notice in the room that they do every Tuesday morning. Despite the drought mosquitos worse this year,

All in all a great place, nice Plat treatment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.