Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa - Amphur Cha-Am, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 13, 2023, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa - Amphur Cha-Am, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2011, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mario33
I wouldnt call it a 'promotion' if you increase your room rates just to accomodate this 'promotion'. Your Revenue Manager always thought she could outsmart everyone .........
it's a promotion....albeit not a very good one but a promotion nevertheless....
Old Sep 8, 2011, 1:06 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by Keyser
it's a promotion....albeit not a very good one but a promotion nevertheless....
???
Old Sep 8, 2011, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
???
Old Sep 8, 2011, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser

conclusion: this is a poor promo.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by jaejaez

^

Old Sep 9, 2011, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jaejaez

i agree....
Old Sep 13, 2011, 4:09 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
staying here right now.. last night mix of c&p and paid stay

nice little resort. Good pool, very nice upgrade to oceanfront suite....

style of the hotel reminds me of the JW Marriott Khao Lak ( the JW pool is much bigger though ), but the suite upgrade was really a surprise because =) ( no availability online for that room on checkin date ).

Good food & breakfast buffet..

Lounge cheese selection is decent but other choices are not that great. Very good cocktails though. And i enjoyed many banana milkshakes up there....
Will return here...

free shuttle to Hua Hin is nice service.

negative point: some staff members are not really well trained... had to wait 3 hours for the room instead of the promised 30 minutes.. ( but the nice upgrade made me forget about it). no fruit basket...

and the most disappointing: it is not possible to swim at the beach in front of the hotel
Old Sep 13, 2011, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by cln

and the most disappointing: it is not possible to swim at the beach in front of the hotel
That depends on the time of year you are visiting!
Old Sep 16, 2011, 5:34 pm
Suspended

Sundara Lounge : Freeloading family with loud father, crying baby (no more than 6 months old) and screaming toddler treating the lounge / bar as a family playground. A few guests left in disgust, and hotel is not doing anything ....
Old Sep 17, 2011, 3:33 am

I am sure that they would let you rent the lounge out just for yourself.

Otherwise, it's just part of the lounge experience sometimes, isn't it?
Old Sep 17, 2011, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Sundara Lounge : Freeloading family with loud father, crying baby (no more than 6 months old) and screaming toddler treating the lounge / bar as a family playground. A few guests left in disgust, and hotel is not doing anything ....
What would you like the hotel to do?
You could always sit outside the lounge. They have nice sofas and chairs there too.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 6:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Rambuster
What would you like the hotel to do
The same thing the hotel would do if there is a drunk making a scene in the lounge. Perhaps they should second the staff from the Conrad Bangkok lounge to keep the peace in there.

As for sitting out there, yes that's what the other guests did. But its too warm and humid for me, which is why I appreciate the Sundara lounge air-conditioning ...
Old Sep 17, 2011, 6:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by seanthepilot

Otherwise, it's just part of the lounge experience sometimes, isn't it?
I don't think so, or least that's not the sort of hotel I usually stay at.

I am not talking about well behaved kids having some drinks & snacks ; but a crying baby who is probably only 3-6 months old, a toddler screaming and a father who is craving for attention. Most guests left the lounge.

Sorry, that's not what a club lounge is suppose to be in Asia. Just because hotel staff are at a loss when confronted by this sort of behavior (usually by farang guests) it doesn't mean it's acceptable here. Thought you would know this with all your years in Thailand ....

Last edited by mario33; Sep 17, 2011 at 6:22 am
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
A word with a manager might lead to better staff training Thai women IMHO are not good at confrontation (taxi drivers excluded but they are mostly men) and the women in the lounge tend to be sort of "gentle" (overly nice and accommodating).
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:51 am

...Sorry, that's not what a club lounge is suppose to be in Asia. Just because hotel staff are at a loss when confronted by this sort of behavior (usually by farang guests) it doesn't mean it's acceptable here. Thought you would know this with all your years in Thailand ....
"It's not what a club lounge is meant to be" ??? Well, it's a shared amenity for some hotel guests, and that's what happens sometimes.

With all due respect, I haven't seen Thais handle drunk guests very well either. And, perhaps my years here just mean I let things brush off my pedestal a bit easier, good advice for any Thai tourist, I might add.

Do I also have to point out the reality that despite paying $100+ a night for a room, the staff are likely earning less than $12 per day. It's tough to train or even keep competent staff when the wages are peanuts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.