Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Send them a copy of the receipt that will have all the info they need
... and don't be surprised if you get a message that the inbox is full!
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Missing elite night credit

I had a one-night stay in early August at Fairfield Inn using cat 1-5 cert, booked the day of stay through Marriott 800#. $0 balance bill at checkout. A few days ago, I submitted a missing stay request and I included the emailed statement I had received. I was looking to get the elite night credit (obviously no points since there were no charges). I just received a denial response for both points and elite night credit because there were no charges on the statement. Is this correct that even on award or Chase annual cert night stay without any charges, one does not earn elite night credit?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
Is this correct that even on award or Chase annual cert night stay without any charges, one does not earn elite night credit?
No it's incorrect.

Full Marriott meltdown.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:58 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
1 night Sheraton Aug 20th didn’t post with SPG original number
2 night Courtyard Aug 21,22 with Marriott # didn’t post
1 night Courtyard Aug 23 didn’t post Marriott#

What did post in error was 5000 instant redemption points and 1250 instant redemption points taken out of my account on the same day Aug 23rd.
I've never made an instant redemption in all my time as an SPG/Marriott member and I didn’t start now at a courtyard.

i know many folks are having issues with pre merger nights being posted, but why the heck aren’t post merger nights being posted? There shouldn’t be any new data merge for a Marriott stay to post as a Marriott stay always posted before?? Yes something is big time broken with their data process.

Side note, I think I found a shortcut to get thru to the Marriott rewards desk...call Platinum reservation special number and when you say it’s a points problem they transfer you to the rewards desk. Took 15 min on hold instead of 25-45min on hold..woo hoo!

Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:03 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
SPG stays that were on my profile and disappeared after the merger showed up again, but did not affect # of nights (which dropped and are incorrect) and showed back up, and looks like one of them posted without any elite benefits.2 stays on 8/14 and 8/18 did not post yet, nor did a stay on the 23rd. Not expecting this to get resolved anytime soon.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by Kacee
No it's incorrect.

Full Marriott meltdown.
Thanks. I'll have to call Marriott. I also had a 2-night stay at a CY post 8/18 on points with $0 bill (spent approx. $25 on breakfast and other misc items but I guess the $10/night credit took care of that) and the elite night credits have not yet posted - I still have a few days to go before I can file the missing nights credit for that stay.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:02 am

Send them a copy of the receipt that will have all the info they need
Indeed I had sent them the receipt with my claim via the online form (I always do). But they wrote back saying the confirmation number on the receipt was not my booking confirmation and requested it. When I provided my booking confirmation number, they replied again to say it’s wrong - but that’s the ONLY booking confirmation number shown on my booking confirmation email! Very frustrating...
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
I have been staying at Marriott/SPG properties every night since the merger and not a single stay has posted 😐
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: IHG Spire
Submitted an early August award stay, only charges on the paper bill were visitor taxes. Came back rejected for "no eligible charges". Had to call in and wait on hold for an hour, but got the nights posted that way.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by scottandme
Submitted an early August award stay, only charges on the paper bill were visitor taxes. Came back rejected for "no eligible charges". Had to call in and wait on hold for an hour, but got the nights posted that way.
Sounds like the email team (are they live people or AI scripts?) have learned the typical CSR response technique, say NO first so you don't have to do any work. Is there an option to reply to the rejection message? AA is notorious for this and usually a second request gets someone that actually reads the first message and response appropriately. A saying we had at work: Never enough time to do it right, always enough time to do it twice.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
My SPG stays are now showing, making things even more confusing, as a recent Element award stay posted to SPG correctly as 0 + 250 Starpoints. Instead of 750 Marriott points, it now says zero points total!
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
My stay from the 17th finally posted. (And I even got my 5-brand explorer badge bonus!) Still waiting for the 18th and 19th...
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
SPG stays that were on my profile and disappeared after the merger showed up again, but did not affect # of nights (which dropped and are incorrect) and showed back up, and looks like one of them posted without any elite benefits.2 stays on 8/14 and 8/18 did not post yet, nor did a stay on the 23rd. Not expecting this to get resolved anytime soon.
Same here...sort of. 2 of my 3 stays before the merger reappeared. However, one is still missing and the ones that did reappear did not have any effect on the # of nights.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:52 am

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Like everyone else, I'm missing points, when I first contacted Marriot, I was told it takes up to 10 business days for them to post, I called BS on the phone. 10 business days past, no points, contacted Marriot again, was told since they are merging both programs that it will take a while, 3 weeks later still no points and the tweeter team has stopped responding to me.
Marriott leadership, tell us what’s going on!! Enough of this bs with points and stays not posting, points and stays still missing. What’s the problem?
Zero communication from Marriott on anything related to all these issues everyone is having.
It’s near impossible to get thru to anyone on the phone and then they don’t have any anwers to give us or they’re just making up this crap wait 10 days, wait 3 weeks etc.
Tell us what’s happening and when we can expect things resolved.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Looks like I'm having similar issues with my account regarding inaccurate MR elite activity. Prior to merger, I had 29 MR and 39 SPG nights for 2018 (not counting the 3 nights stayed post Aug18 that hasn't posted yet).

I merged my SPG and MR account and instead of getting 68 nights, I'm showing 55 nights. It looks like yesterday Marriott IT finally successfully moved all my SPG history to my MR account but my incorrect 55 nights is still reflecting. I manually went in and counted my posted 2018 stays in the MR app activity history one by one to make sure I wasn't going crazy and yep, history adds up to 68n.

Not to mention under the lifetime stats, MR side is showing 0 years gold or platinum despite I being MR Plat for 8 years 2011-2018. (My SPG's 5 years Plat and the combined 832 SPG+MR nights seems to be reflecting accurately).

Sigh. Business as usual.

On the bright side, in the last 3-4 days, my status has been updated from Platinum to Platinum Premier and my lifetime status is showing lifetime gold from my grandfathered SPG LT Gold. Now MR IT just needs to fix my lifetime MR Plat tracker so I can qualify for grandfathered 750n/10yr LT PP!

Last edited by dchen2; Aug 26, 2018 at 11:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.