Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Showing as platinum status when I was Marriott platinum prior to merger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Showing as platinum status when I was Marriott platinum prior to merger

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by eracerblue

Starwood Lurker confirmed in the SPG thread wiki:
(bold emphasis mine)

This says "a status challenge", not Marriott Status challenge. As this was on the SPG thread, with people generally doing SPG challenges and whatnot, it is reasonable that this is generally referring to SPG challenges, or both.

I disagree. It was on the SPG thread because that was the only forum which had a lurker who could address questions relating to the merger and update the Wiki accordingly. I could have said 'Marriott status challenge', and perhaps I should have, but if you look at the whole sentence it says "Will those who got Marriott Platinum via a status challenge..." (emphasis mine). If I had intended this to mean "those who got Marriott Platinum by doing an SPG challenge and subsequently obtained Marriott Platinum by virtue of having linked their accounts" then I would have said so explicitly.

I honestly don't know what point you're still trying to prove by poring over the old Wiki in search of implicit assumptions. The issue in question that you're referring to has been resolved - those who had Marriott Platinum status by virtue of doing the Marriott Platinum Challenge (from MR Gold) DO get PPE status, even if some poor unfortunate souls are still showing plain Platinum in their accounts (I'm referring to Marriott accounts here; the SPG ones may still show Platinum as I don't even know if PPE status will appear until next year for those).
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If this weren't happening, previous MR Golds who successfully completed the challenge would have gotten nothing, as the old MR Gold is now NewPlat in the combined program.

AFAIK the SPG Plat challenge didn't require current SPG Gold status, plus old SPG Gold is NewGold in the combined program and old SPG Plat is NewPlat in the combined program.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Platinum Premier is finally showing on my account as of today.

Really getting tired of Marriott phone support. I called the platinum line and it was sent to a regular agent. Than the agent spent 10 minutes trying to figure out why he can't get into my account. Then found out it was cause he can't handle plat accounts. Been on hold for over 10 minutes for a Plat agent and still no luck.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
I am flummoxed at this point. I was platinum (both in Marriott and SPG) before Aug 18, my account reflects Platinum Elite and not Platinum Premier. DM'd Marriott Rewards on twitter six days ago, just got a response telling me don't forget to combine my accounts so my nights and points are properly reflected. Did they answer someone else's question instead of mine, or are others not seeing their proper status until after combining accounts? Or did I just get a generic response? Have been reluctant to combine until the glitches smooth out, but, based on others' experiences, did correct status not show until after combining?. I thought one had nothing to do with other unless you needed the totals to reach a status.
MSPeconomist and bresnab like this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Starriott seems to have decided to aggressively push everyone to combine accounts even when it may not be in our own best interest to do so. I won't until I'm convinced that everything is fixed and stable.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by travelerp
IHave been reluctant to combine until the glitches smooth out, but, based on others' experiences, did correct status not show until after combining?. I thought one had nothing to do with other unless you needed the totals to reach a status.
One has nothing to do with the other.

I pm'ed SPG Lurker and just got a stock response 2 days later quoting status.marriott.com. My question is if it's just a "small segment" whose status hasn't been fixed, why the heck is it taking so long?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:01 pm

Annual choice benefit for plat premier is live but when I go to the page it says I'm ineligible even though I'm plat premier. Anyone else have same issue?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Talking

Originally Posted by CJKatl
B Why didn't they just start from scratch with Bunnies, Elk, Bulls and Vultures or whatever other than recycling names?
Those tier designations suck. A real marketing professional would name them

- Discoverist
- Explorist
- Globalist

/s
asnovici, g50 and Kacee like this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:27 am
g50

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA LTP, Hyatt Globalist, FB Plat
Originally Posted by travelerp
I am flummoxed at this point. I was platinum (both in Marriott and SPG) before Aug 18, my account reflects Platinum Elite and not Platinum Premier. DM'd Marriott Rewards on twitter six days ago, just got a response telling me don't forget to combine my accounts so my nights and points are properly reflected. Did they answer someone else's question instead of mine, or are others not seeing their proper status until after combining accounts? Or did I just get a generic response? Have been reluctant to combine until the glitches smooth out, but, based on others' experiences, did correct status not show until after combining?. I thought one had nothing to do with other unless you needed the totals to reach a status.
I combined when it became available to. Everything is now correct except still showing platinum status instead of platinum premier.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by g50
I combined when it became available to. Everything is now correct except still showing platinum status instead of platinum premier.
I am in the same boat. FWIW, I finally called yesterday to ask about it because I am in the middle of post-merger stay #2 , and have a third this weekend. The woman I spoke to seemed familiar with the problem. She kept me on the phone for about 10 minutes while she "opened a case," which included a request to fix the status and award additional points for the affected reservations. She said it would take 3-5 days. Not optimistic, but we'll see.
greener_007 and Kacee like this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Tulane41
I am in the same boat. FWIW, I finally called yesterday to ask about it because I am in the middle of post-merger stay #2 , and have a third this weekend. The woman I spoke to seemed familiar with the problem. She kept me on the phone for about 10 minutes while she "opened a case," which included a request to fix the status and award additional points for the affected reservations. She said it would take 3-5 days. Not optimistic, but we'll see.
That's basically the same info I was told. The MR rep agreed that I should be a PP and tried to manually upgrade me but she said the system would not allow her. I was told to call back in 5-7 days.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:59 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
I was told to call back in 5-7 days.
Unbelievable.

The public statement was that we are only "very small segment" of members. That was a week ago. So why isn't this fixed yet?

Note that status.marriott.com no longer even lists this as an issue.

If I had a better option, I would be gone.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:57 am

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by Kacee
Unbelievable.

The public statement was that we are only "very small segment" of members. That was a week ago. So why isn't this fixed yet?

Note that status.marriott.com no longer even lists this as an issue.

If I had a better option, I would be gone.
Actually, since the same people on FT post over and over about their problems, it might make it seem like there are more people with the problem. For example, there are 223 posts in this thread. Even if all 223 posts represented a different person with that problem, 223 people is a very tiny percentage of the millions of Marriott loyalty members.

FT people know how to make a lot of noise when they feel cheated. But we are a small segment of the population. From Marriott's point of view, it really might be a small percentage of people with a problem.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by jeanie
Actually, since the same people on FT post over and over about their problems, it might make it seem like there are more people with the problem. For example, there are 223 posts in this thread. Even if all 223 posts represented a different person with that problem, 223 people is a very tiny percentage of the millions of Marriott loyalty members.

FT people know how to make a lot of noise when they feel cheated. But we are a small segment of the population. From Marriott's point of view, it really might be a small percentage of people with a problem.
While I don’t think this is a major problem (and I am one with the problem), if it is efffecting anyone who did a challenge as well as anyone who was granted status renewal despite being a few nights short (such as myself), it could be effecting more than just a “small segment.”
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jeanie

Flueck is probably counting someone like me among the "99.9%" for whom all is rosy (my combination of nights and status is fine)...but I have 7 reservations that are effectively dead at the moment as they are SPG-style and cannot be modified in any fashion, and there is no timeframe for fixing that.

Oh, and my SNAs that were showing up in my account the past few days just all disappeared, so there's that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.