Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, Singapore [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email: [email protected]
Reservations email:
[email protected]
Duty manager: [email protected]

April 2017 Photos - see posts 45-51

From website: In Executive Lounge no children below 12 years allowed after 7pm and smart casual attire is required-no shorts/slippers

As of 2023, shorts seem to have been removed from the lounge dress code exclusion. ElevatorEnthusiast definitely wore them.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, Singapore [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
April 2017

PHOTOS - PART 2

Elevator

This is insanely cool. As the lighting changes in the elevator, different patterns are revealed in the artwork.

Attached Images      
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:46 am
Suspended

April 2017

PHOTOS - PART 3

Room #1

A number of things caught my attention.

I regularly stay at The W HKG and I noticed some similar design elements here at the JW. The shower and toilet area had similar style and while the wall and floor tiles are not the dark slate of The W, the water drainage system looks identical. The JW went with what looks like Japanese-style toilets (lights, buttons etc)

I had to look twice at the little floor towel and the slippers next to the bed. The image looked so real, I actually thought it was garments left on the floor. LOL

The design elements in the closet were very clever (e.g.. laundry bag)

I've seen a similar walled-mirror-amities set-up at the newly renovated Renaissance LHR last year. Most functional.

Excellent design and placement of coffee items and mini-bar fridge.

Attached Images           
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:55 am
Suspended

April 2017

PHOTOS - PART 4

Room #2

Attached Images         
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:00 pm
Suspended

April 2017

PHOTOS - PART 5

Suite

Attached Images           
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:11 pm
Suspended

April 2017

PHOTOS - PART 6

Executive Club/Lounge

Some very creative design elements here too.

Attached Images         
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:14 pm
Suspended

April 2017

PHOTOS - PART 7

Exterior Deck/Floor and Views

Stunning and awesome. My favourite part.

Attached Images           
Thunderroad likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:15 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Nice pictures! Thanks! Really looking forward to my stay of five nights in september now.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold + 1MM; HHonors Gold; Marriott Plat
Way cool! Goodbye Marriott Tang Plaza. This is becoming my default SIN hotel.
Old May 2, 2017, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Seriously cool place. Really.

Also, forgot to mention in this room, in the washroom, the mirror you see with the black design around the frame, it actually slides closed. That allows essentially a mirrored wall and a bit more privacy if needed.

Attached Images  
Old May 19, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I've had a couple of recent stays. I certainly recommend the hotel. It's modern and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and the concierge lounge has a wide mix of ethnic foods for breakfast and dinner time. There is also an open bar from 530. There is an incredible view from the pool on the 18th floor! The location is also great.

In terms of nits .... (1) the pool can be a bit cool because it has no sunshine. While it's certainly cool (and cool) with an infinity pool the absence of any sun or seating certainly means there is no pool scene for another wise great location, (2) the bar at the pool is strange ... they have a table and chairs in the water but you're not allowed to sit there with a drink. And, they have no cocktails, and (3) as a Plat Premier, I was upgraded to the top floor with a nice room, but not offered a suite. I had a couple of stays -- a multiday and a single day -- the hotel wasn't busy and I'd be very surprised if the suites were all sold out. Still, the Club Premier room was certainly modern and well-furnished.

Despite my nits, its a definite repeat location.
Old May 19, 2017, 7:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
as a Plat Premier, I was upgraded to the top floor with a nice room, but not offered a suite. I had a couple of stays -- a multiday and a single day -- the hotel wasn't busy and I'd be very surprised if the suites were all sold out.
I'm staying in a couple of weeks. Suite pricing is attractive . . . only $141 SGD more than the cheapest refundable rate, and that includes a $100 hotel credit and 3000 bonus points.
Old May 19, 2017, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm staying in a couple of weeks. Suite pricing is attractive . . . only $141 SGD more than the cheapest refundable rate, and that includes a $100 hotel credit and 3000 bonus points.
Sounds like a good deal!
Old May 22, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Kacee
That sounds like a great deal! They didn't have that during my stay.

I'm still a little skeptical that there were no suites available (which are a guaranteed perk for platinum or platinum premier in Asia) but can't say for certain. My skepticism arises from the limited number of people in the lounge when I was there and the virtual absence of anyone on my floor. I'd be surprised if the hotel was over 30 percent occupancy when I was there but that's based on my quasi-scientific assessment of 2000 nights in Marriott's.

You'll have a hard time spending a $100 hotel credit. The lounge food is excellent for breakfast, tea time, and dinner!
Old May 22, 2017, 9:49 am
Suspended

Having stayed at this JW, I agree the hard product is superb. However, their elite treatment is not so great - even a suite is available, they are reluctant to upgrade us to one (maybe they are new to the Marriott system?)

Isn't it a guranteed benefit for Platinums when a suite is available Plat member can get one?
Old May 22, 2017, 9:52 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Yes and no as the Asian plat T&C for suite upgrades has a 3-night limited feature (and like other Marriott T&Cs always has a based upon availability caveat)

Originally Posted by kikid
Having stayed at this JW, I agree the hard product is superb. However, their elite treatment is not so great - even a suite is available, they are reluctant to upgrade us to one (maybe they are new to the Marriott system?)

Isn't it a guranteed benefit for Platinums when a suite is available Plat member can get one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.