Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels near Newark Airport EWR, NJ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

SpringHill Suites EWR email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels near Newark Airport EWR, NJ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2009, 2:25 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
I have stayed here; and it was packed with high schoolers off to ???? for a field trip. Which I got the impression was a fairly regular occurance. Not quiet or relaxing - BUT - from 4 to 8PM they weren't there yet.

The staff here was great, very friendly - ask them for help with a nap time quiet room. .

8PM is getting late, so am not sure about a day rate - based on what I have seen recently, you might have luck at the CY or the Ren; but the SHS and FS are still pretty busy. But then again - can't hurt to ask.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 1:15 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
I remembered I also have 2 free night certs from my Visa card sign ups - could use one at the CY, though it's kind of a waste for 4-5 hours. Would the CY work for a power nap for a 2 year old?
Old Apr 5, 2009, 11:59 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat,SW, Hertz #1 Gold, Amtrak SP, jetBlue, et al
Originally Posted by psychtobe
I remembered I also have 2 free night certs from my Visa card sign ups - could use one at the CY, though it's kind of a waste for 4-5 hours. Would the CY work for a power nap for a 2 year old?

which one...the EWR OR the EWR/Elizabeth on Glmicher realty way??

The Elizabeth location is newer but, unless it is done, they are renovating(and it was a bloody mess!) BUT it's near a mall, Ruby Tuesday and a yyummy diner (you can walk to all...the mall is across the street..the 2 restaurants are across the parking lot!)

the one opposite the a/p has nothing nearby. If you really want to crash, i would choose the Elizabeth one, just call first to check about renovation and to ask for a room away from the noise if any!
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:07 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
I ended up redeeming a free night cat 1-4 cert for the SHS, cancellable til 6 pm day of. The CY was available - not that it makes a huge difference, but did I pick the right one?
Old Apr 15, 2009, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I like the SHS and stay there pretty often when I have early-morning flights. The "airport" CY is a few hundred feet away, with a Fairfield in between.

Bruce
Old Apr 15, 2009, 1:55 pm

its fine....nothing around to eat unless you call for delivery or see if the restaurant at the CY is open.....IIRC they serve B and D, not sure about lunch.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:58 am

Glad I read this post. I have a room booked at the Marriott for an early AM flight and thought $225 was steep but thought if I'm actually AT the airport it wouldn't be too bad, sounds like I'll still need to shuttle there were cheaper options.

How long is the shuttle? Is this the closest (ie shortest shuttle)?

I will add we won't have a car and this is a "pre-vacation" stay so we want something nicer.

We usually stay at the Ren PHL so EWR is new for us.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by Marykatesmom
Glad I read this post. I have a room booked at the Marriott for an early AM flight and thought $225 was steep but thought if I'm actually AT the airport it wouldn't be too bad, sounds like I'll still need to shuttle there were cheaper options.

How long is the shuttle? Is this the closest (ie shortest shuttle)?

I will add we won't have a car and this is a "pre-vacation" stay so we want something nicer.

We usually stay at the Ren PHL so EWR is new for us.
personally, that's HIGH unless it's a weeknight and they are packed...

that said the shuttle is probably less than 10 minutes....(i only say that as i am not sure how much of a PITA it is for the shuttle to go thru the airport....)

how about the REN EWR???
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:14 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Agree with megt.... about the rate - I would try some codes at the top of this forum if I were you - I have had success with them at this property.

That said - this is the shortest shuttle as it is the closest hotel to the airport (only by blocks, though) BUT it is the ONLY hotel allowed to drop off at the terminals. All other shuttles have to drop off at a designated location and then you must take the monorail thing to the terminals...depending on how much luggage you have, which terminal you are using, etc this can be a PITA.

Ren is up and down; and I wouldn't particularly recommend anything else in the area.

IMO, the FS is the nicest, and also has pretty decent food. Based on your comments, I think this is where you will be happiest.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:33 pm

SG is correct....the monorail and hauling bags up, up, and down is WORSE than a PITA.......
Old Apr 23, 2009, 9:22 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by megtravels
how about the REN EWR???
The Ren is good. At the end of last year they finally finished renovation on the section of the hotel that faces the airport...so these are all newly furnished (except for the bathtubs and toilets, I think). I think the other section is now closed off for renovations.

I recently got an email that they've FINALLY opened their concierge lounge (but haven't been there to try). They used to offer breakfast coupons for the buffet and another coupon for a special appetizer and house beer/wine in the evening. I'm guessing now that the lounge is open...the coupons are gone.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 9:27 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
That said - this is the shortest shuttle as it is the closest hotel to the airport (only by blocks, though) BUT it is the ONLY hotel allowed to drop off at the terminals.
I'm trying to follow the thread and I think you are saying that the FS is the only hotel allowed to drop off at the terminals. I have definitely been on the Ren shuttle where the driver has done drops at the terminals and at the airport bus station. (Then again, you may have been referring to the Ren and I'm lost.)
Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by bitburgr
I'm trying to follow the thread and I think you are saying that the FS is the only hotel allowed to drop off at the terminals. I have definitely been on the Ren shuttle where the driver has done drops at the terminals and at the airport bus station. (Then again, you may have been referring to the Ren and I'm lost.)
i think she meant pick UP at the terminals....AFAIK all the other ones go to the P4 stop on the monorail
Old Jul 5, 2009, 6:22 am

How do I get from the Avis location to the Marriott EWR? I presume the Avis shuttle drops at the AirTrain station, but from what I read here the Marriott shuttle stops at the terminals (or does it stop at the AirTrain in addition?). I need to get from Avis to the hotel late on a Sunday night. In terms of getting to the airport early the next morning I assume that the hotel shuttle is the best option.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 6:34 am

Programs: UA 1K and 1 Million Miles, Marriott Plat Premier and LT Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Avis is one of the stops on the AirTran (P2). Take the Airtran to the first terminal stop (A1) and go down stairs to baggage claim and cross the street for the shuttle.

Another method is to check into the Mar first and tell the shuttle driver to pick you up at Avis -- a $5 handshake should see the shuttle right behind you as you pull into Avis

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.