Wiki Posts
Search

Status Change on App Today

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:02 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by Ceres
I had ambassador yesterday. (which not enough spend) Gone today. However it says I need another X in spend and it has my nights only as butt in bed nights with does not count my rollover nights .
They don't count those?

Last edited by xar; Aug 24, 2018 at 12:14 am Reason: decided not to rock the boat for now.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
The "+ Ambassador" has also disappeared from all my pages -- from the Marriott website (whether I use my Marriott or Starwood credentials) and from both the Marriott and SPG apps. Now I'm just Platinum Premier Elite, which is what I should be according to the announced criteria. Too bad: I don't really care about the ambassador per se, but Your 24 would have been nice. And a couple of other things have changed too: when I sign in to the web site with my Marriott credentials it still shows the correct number of nights for this year, but the Marriott app shows a much smaller number, apparently omitting rollover and Rewarding Events nights. Fortunately, my lifetime nights and years stay the same. Starwood (both signing on to the site and using the SPG app) is still showing a higher total of lifetime nights than before August 18, possibly double-counting this year's nights, and is also still showing one more year of Platinum than I thought I had. It wouldn't surprise me if the first of these two numbers dropped down to its previous level. But I hope the number of Platinum years turns out not to be a mistake.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
My ambassador was clawed back today as well. As a legacy PP I thought we'd all get that at least for the remainder of the year.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JHake10
My ambassador was clawed back today as well. As a legacy PP I thought we'd all get that at least for the remainder of the year.
Funny how "fixing" problems with status seems to consist almost exclusively of Marriott clawing it back, rather than bumping up those of us who were downgraded.

Based on my very unscientific review of posts here and on Marriott Insiders, I'd say that the errors in favor of Marriott vs. the errors in favor of members are running about 99:1. And guess which ones they're fixing? lol
JHake10 and Alohashirt like this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Miles and More
Originally Posted by Kacee
Funny how "fixing" problems with status seems to consist almost exclusively of Marriott clawing it back, rather than bumping up those of us who were downgraded. Based on my very unscientific review of posts here and on Marriott Insiders, I'd say that the errors in favor of Marriott vs. the errors in favor of members are running about 99:1. And guess which ones they're fixing? lol
That's consistent with the overall point of this consolidation: 1) Making meaningful status much harder to get and taking it away from AMEX platinum card holders 2) Devaluing points by changing categories, and 3) Spinning everything as an "improvement." The new "gold" is nearly worthless-- unless you happen to think a 2 PM checkout is a magnificent gift.

I personally just completed my 51st night-- so I guess I'll have the "new and improved" platinum for the next year. But like a lot of other people on this forum, I have fund this whole "transition" irritating and am questioning the loyalty value proposition.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:25 pm

Datapoint:

I completed the Marriott Platinum Challenge to get Platinum status before August.

I was labeled incorrectly as Platinum Elite after August 18. Just saw today that status has now been corrected to Platinum Premier Elite.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by CrimsonMoose
Datapoint:

I completed the Marriott Platinum Challenge to get Platinum status before August.

I was labeled incorrectly as Platinum Elite after August 18. Just saw today that status has now been corrected to Platinum Premier Elite.
Me too, but SPG app still shows Platinum...
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Originally Posted by JHake10
Same here.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:47 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Ceres
I had ambassador yesterday. (which not enough spend) Gone today. However it says I need another X in spend and it has my nights only as butt in bed nights with does not count my rollover nights .

They don't count those?
I'm in the same boat did you find out if roll over nights count? I'm almost at 190 nights..
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by t1c
I'm in the same boat did you find out if roll over nights count? I'm almost at 190 nights..
I have not heard. I wish they do, but let's see. Who do you ask?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.