Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Change on App Today

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:02 am

My SPG account converted into a new marriott account (eventhough they were linked prior to merge). anyone else have a similar issue?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by zagguru
My SPG account converted into a new marriott account (eventhough they were linked prior to merge). anyone else have a similar issue?
I looked again, and this happened to me too. My SPG account has a new 9 digit number, so effectively I now have two Marriott accounts. I still have two different status levels, two different lifetime stay numbers, etc.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:43 am

I'm having the same issue as well.

Before the merge, I made a booking with my SPG account (linked to Marriott). After the merge, my SPG account got converted into a new Marriott account. The booking isn't showing up on my old Marriott account. Really hope they fix this so I don't have to phone Marriott.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:10 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by mr_moon
Same as a lot of others. I was Marriott Platinum and was fully under the impression I would become a Planimum Premier. But it's only showing as Platinum Elite.
If you upgrade the app (to blue logo), you should see your updated status. Under the old app (red logo) I was seeing same as you.

I suspect I will need to refresh my desktop browser to see same on full site.
Markie likes this.

Last edited by jamflyer; Aug 19, 2018 at 7:20 am
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: free agent
Same here. I see platinum on my account, when I should be PP, due to complete my platinum status challenge last Spring .

Also, AMEX haven't deposit my SPG points into SPG account, and it seems they didn't migrate to my Marriott account (be fair, it's only 127 points )
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:48 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Why is everyone here surprised that their SPG/Marriott accounts haven't merged even if they were previously linked ?

SPG/Marriott made it very clear that the user/member will have to log-in and manually request this, even if linked, for it to take place.

We will be receiving a link in the next days which allows both accounts to be merged.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: MR rewards

This my cousin account show how much he spend nothing in my account ! Any idea ?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
I downloaded the new, blue (!), app and it correctly shows me as PP. Now I am just waiting for the e-mail to link accounts and select my PP gifts (SNAs).
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
My current status in both apps is displaying correctly but the SPG app is saying that I need another X more nights to retain Platinum Elite even though I hit the 25 stay requalification criteria before the merger, which should give me PE until end of 2020. The app also doesn’t recognize that I am SPG Lifetime Gold. It says that my next goal is Lifetime Silver.

I wont panic just yet as I expect lots of fixes to come once the dust settles.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Marriott Plat -> Plat

I've updated the App (now w/ blue icon) and it still shows Platinum instead of Platinum Premier. Same thing happens logging in to the desktop.

Also, when I tried to log in to the SPG site with my old SPG credentials I was told that I had to use a new membership number (starting with '1'). So now I have two landing pages which look almost identical, except one shows my Marriott balance and the other shows my SPG account. Neither of them has me as Plat Premier though?!?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by jamflyer
If you upgrade the app (to blue logo), you should see your updated status. Under the old app (red logo) I was seeing same as you.

I suspect I will need to refresh my desktop browser to see same on full site.
Nope, didn't work for me. New app shows me as Platinum when I should be PP.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Marriott Plat -> Plat

I've updated the App (now w/ blue icon) and it still shows Platinum instead of Platinum Premier. Same thing happens logging in to the desktop.

Also, when I tried to log in to the SPG site with my old SPG credentials I was told that I had to use a new membership number (starting with '1'). So now I have two landing pages which look almost identical, except one shows my Marriott balance and the other shows my SPG account. Neither of them has me as Plat Premier though?!?
Some of the travel blogs are indicating that they are seeing some obvious errors like this, going in both directions (showing a higher or lower status than expected). You can try contacting Marriott IT, but if you're not checking in for a stay this week, you may want to give them a few days to iron out the issues.

I'm showing as Plat but also separate box saying LTPP on the site, I figure some batch reconciliation process hasn't run yet and when it does my status will be promoted from Plat -> Plat Premier in the app and on the site.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:36 am

Wife is listed as ambassador which is a surprise. She's no where near 20k USD for last year or this year.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Make sure your deleting the old app and re-installing the latest Android/iOS version.

Youll know you have the “post-merger” version if the Marriott logo is blue instead of red.

Youll get your current status as well as spend info (if you exceed the 75 nights).
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:10 am

When will our 2018 nights combine? Anything we need to do to initiate that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.