FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Status Change on App Today (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1925901-status-change-app-today.html)

johnston21 Aug 18, 2018 3:50 pm

Status Change on App Today

Late afternoon today noticed my status
on the app has changed from Plat Premier to Elite. Have yet to look online.

Hope this is a hiccup...

Edit: Now it shows as Plat (only). No additional verbiage.

ssession Aug 18, 2018 5:27 pm

Mine also shows Platinum in the app but I was Gold before the merge. I'm hoping that means I made lifetime Platinum. I should have enough Platinum years but wasn't sure.

JustinTJ Aug 18, 2018 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by ssession (Post 30098689)
Mine also shows Platinum in the app but I was Gold before the merge. I'm hoping that means I made lifetime Platinum. I should have enough Platinum years but wasn't sure.

You Amex Plat? My buddy is and has nowhere near lifetime and they just moved him from Gold to Platinum in the app. He called me excited because they said matched status wouldn't get the bump.

Hookemhorns1997 Aug 18, 2018 10:13 pm

I just looked at my profile and it says I am platinum and need 30 nights to reach platinum premier. I was already platinum in Marriott, so should have moved over to platinum premier. Hope it is just a glitch so I don’t have to spend time on the phone correcting.

t1c Aug 18, 2018 10:13 pm

I went from PP to just P on the app... i think its a mistake...

lexdevil Aug 18, 2018 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by t1c (Post 30099289)
I went from PP to just P on the app... i think its a mistake...

Mine also reads "Platinum Elite," but when I click on my name in the upper right hand corner of the screen, I get this:
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...63719567e8.png

AdeAhmed Aug 18, 2018 10:26 pm

I was a gold member (through spg match)

I've been upgraded to platinum, so far at least

my guess is that, if and when combine w starwoods, perhaps that corrects the status...since I have nothing on my spg side, except approx 200 spg points = 600 MRP...no plans to link/combine any time soon

ssession Aug 18, 2018 10:29 pm

It was accurate. Now that the site is back up I see I made Lifetime Platinum.

Chewie Aug 18, 2018 10:33 pm

I have been PP and I see that as of late today, I am a PP with ambassador.

ceebee100 Aug 18, 2018 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by AdeAhmed (Post 30099322)
I was a gold member (through spg match)

I've been upgraded to platinum, so far at least

my guess is that, if and when combine w starwoods, perhaps that corrects the status...since I have nothing on my spg side, except approx 200 spg points = 600 MRP...no plans to link/combine any time soon

I too was Marriott Gold via SPG match, but mine remained at Gold. It says renew Gold at 25 nights, so I guess I didn’t get as lucky as you to get the Plat bump. Too bad, because now I’ll have to cancel the rest of my stays as Gold gets nothing (breakfast)!

AdeAhmed Aug 18, 2018 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by ceebee100 (Post 30099348)
I too was Marriott Gold via SPG match, but mine remained at Gold. It says renew Gold at 25 nights, so I guess I didn’t get as lucky as you to get the Plat bump. Too bad, because now I’ll have to cancel the rest of my stays as Gold gets nothing (breakfast)!

there must be something in the background, as i have a few datapoints

Wife = Platinum elite - from Gold elite, via US Ritz Carlton credit card
Myself = Platinum elite - from Gold elite , via spg gold, via CDN Amex Platinum Business
Brother = Platinum elite - from Gold elite, via spg gold, via CDN Amex Platinum Business
Mom = Gold elite - from Gold elite, via spg gold, via CDN Amex Platinum Business

Not really sure what to think now

ringingup Aug 18, 2018 11:03 pm

I was one of the ones who go Marriott gold thanks to having SPG Gold via AMEX.

Mattiott app shows Platinum Elite but SPG app shows Gold Elite.

Assuming things will stay as is, will I be able to move points from SPG?

sriegert Aug 18, 2018 11:03 pm

Marriott gold (via Amex) updated to Plat. Hoping it wasn’t a glitch.

TravelToNom Aug 18, 2018 11:05 pm

Downloaded an app update. Ive been converted correctly and app shows spend too

GoSh4rks Aug 18, 2018 11:07 pm

Marriott Plat -> Plat. I should be PP. :rolleyes: