Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Change on App Today

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Mine has gone from Platinum to Platinum Premier Elite ... which is right as I had 140+ nights in 2017 ... however I also had 20k USD+ spend, so it should be PPA+A. Call to Marriott to rectify?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:45 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by Jordan D
Mine has gone from Platinum to Platinum Premier Elite ... which is right as I had 140+ nights in 2017 ... however I also had 20k USD+ spend, so it should be PPA+A. Call to Marriott to rectify?
unless you are in a hurry to book a stay or have a chat with your ambassador, i suggest you give till the of end Aug for all the dust to settle.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by xar
unless you are in a hurry to book a stay or have a chat with your ambassador, i suggest you give till the of end Aug for all the dust to settle.
I'm currently making 1-2 stays/week for work, but materially won't be important until travelling for leisure with my wife later on in the autumn, so will wait for the dust to settle then.
xar likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by xar
Given my background in IT, do give at least a week for them to sort out all these teething issues. This is like performing brain surgery on a patient that is fully conscious.
Good analogy. I'd also say the doctors appear to have been brain dead in their planning... nor did they stay in a HIE last night...
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Miles and More
Mine said Platinum yesterday and downgraded to Gold today. I had Gold through AMEX Platinum card, but I also have stayed 48 nights so far this year. Figured they just went ahead and gave me Platinum because I was only two nights short and have 10 nights booked in the next two months.

My next stay is three nights. I'm wondering if they'll let me into the lounge on Day #3 or just keep me out.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Alohashirt

My next stay is three nights. I'm wondering if they'll let me into the lounge on Day #3 or just keep me out.
The hotel may well do something for you out of kindness/good PR sense, but the general consensus has always held that status doesn't change until you've checked out and the nights have posted. I once not too long ago (last year or the one before, can't recall) checked into a room like one night short of Plat in SPG and stayed for two or three weeks. Only got the points/benefits of Gold for the entire stay (not surprisingly).
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by AdeAhmed

perhaps its being updated/corrected in batches?
Almost certainly, yes. They could be applying scripts according to a range of membership numbers, by last name - impossible to tell. But a batch approach makes good sense, and ultimately everything will level out (with perhaps the odd unicorn that slips through here and there).
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
I had ambassador yesterday. (which not enough spend) Gone today. However it says I need another X in spend and it has my nights only as butt in bed nights with does not count my rollover nights .

They don't count those?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:04 pm

im still platinum at both sides...
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
I thought that legacy Marriott Golds (irrespective of whether it was status matched or not) should map over to new Platinum Elite?

Where was it in the T&C that status matched legacy Marriott golds only get mapped as new Marriott Golds?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, Marriott platinum
[QUOTE=lexdevil;30099306]Mine also reads "Platinum Elite," but when I click on my name in the upper right hand corner of the screen, I get this:
The opposite happened to me. I have screenshots indicating I was PPE w/Ambassador a few days ago. Which is correct as I’ve been PPE (previously unpublished) for the last 3 years. Today I was downgraded to PPE only. Not sure why my ambassador status disappeared and why it shows my platinum years at 3 when it should be 7. On a side note, the hotel I’m currently in today shows basic platinum in their system.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
[QUOTE=KDB23;30118319]
Originally Posted by lexdevil
Mine also reads "Platinum Elite," but when I click on my name in the upper right hand corner of the screen, I get this:
The opposite happened to me. I have screenshots indicating I was PPE w/Ambassador a few days ago. Which is correct as I’ve been PPE (previously unpublished) for the last 3 years. Today I was downgraded to PPE only. Not sure why my ambassador status disappeared and why it shows my platinum years at 3 when it should be 7. On a side note, the hotel I’m currently in today shows basic platinum in their system.
Same issue here too. I hope they fix all their issues soon.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:53 pm

I have legacy SPG Ambassador this year and it has ghosted in and out of the combined account on the website (and I think the app too, but can't be certain it ever reflected Ambassador with all that's been going on since Saturday).
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
[QUOTE=KDB23;30118319]
Originally Posted by lexdevil
Mine also reads "Platinum Elite," but when I click on my name in the upper right hand corner of the screen, I get this:
Besides being a PPE, did you also have an ambassador as a legacy Marriott? I had both unpublished and, like you, I had the ambassador info and it changed tonight to just PPE. It doesn't matter since I suppose I can still call my ambassador. Based on a lot of people seeing the ambassador logo who didn't have it or qualify, I suspect they may have initially converted everyone to have that logo, and now gone backwords for everyone -- both approaches being overbroad.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:52 am

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
[QUOTE=C17PSGR;30118493]
Originally Posted by KDB23
[left]
Besides being a PPE, did you also have an ambassador as a legacy Marriott? I had both unpublished and, like you, I had the ambassador info and it changed tonight to just PPE. It doesn't matter since I suppose I can still call my ambassador. Based on a lot of people seeing the ambassador logo who didn't have it or qualify, I suspect they may have initially converted everyone to have that logo, and now gone backwords for everyone -- both approaches being overbroad.
I have been Plat or better for 12 years (I think PP for 8), but I was not part of the concierge pilot. My PP+ Ambassador was clawed back on the app today, though the website still shows it. Super frustrating, given that I have spent $36K at Marriotts this year. It's pretty clear they are just calculating spend off of base points earned, which does not include the majority of the rooms I pay for. I should hit $20K by Marriott's calculations before the end of the year, but I'm still a bit salty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.