Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
Fall 2017 MegaBonus Terms and Conditions

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. [Although the T&Cs don't say it clearly, a stay can be as short as one night.]

• Registration is required.
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 30, 2017 will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-5 hotel (value of standard free night award ranges from 7,500 points for Category 1 hotels to 25,000 points for Category 5 hotels) after two paid stays* made between September 12, 2017 and January 15, 2018, at participating Marriott® properties.
• If a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer may be unlocked and become available in the members account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay.
• The member may not receive additional notification except through their online member account and must register for the additional offer within two (2) weeks from the date the additional offer becomes available.
• Maximum one (1) free night award earned with this promotion per member to be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-5 properties.
• Free night award will expire six (6) months after the date of issuance.
• An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
• An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
• The awarded free night certificate is not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
• Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
• Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
• Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
• For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...earn/hotels.mi.
• Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
• Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
• All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
• See https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
• Visit MarriottRewards.com/FreeNightMegaBonus for complete details.
• © 2017 Marriott International, Inc.

US T&C above, here are all the T&C links I found:

https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_fr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_au.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_jp.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_kr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_es.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_de.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_cn.html
Print Wikipost

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PayItForward
You should just reach out. I drop them a note via online feedback and the promo was manually added.
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the second level promo, which no one has received.

Pretty unbelievable we're now eight days into the promo, with presumably thousands having completed the first level, and Marriott still won't say what the second level is.
Oxon Flyer and mclymerne like this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: MR Plat, BW Rewards Plat, CP Gold, HH Silver, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the second level promo, which no one has received.

Pretty unbelievable we're now eight days into the promo, with presumably thousands having completed the first level, and Marriott still won't say what the second level is.
Don't travel nearly as much as many of you, but following this closely as I have several Marriott stays coming up. Not sure how someone in a marketing department thought this was a good way to run a promo. Plan good, execution BAD.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I'm wondering if part of the issue here is connected to the new website. For example, I know the promotions page is different today than yesterday.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by UNIVBFan
Don't travel nearly as much as many of you, but following this closely as I have several Marriott stays coming up. Not sure how someone in a marketing department thought this was a good way to run a promo. Plan good, execution BAD.
I wouldn't call the plan "good". If a promo says "have 25 stays between date 1 and date 2 and earn x points" I can consider this and book accordingly to max the promo.

With this promo, only the reward for the first two stays is certain. Hotel hoppers need two nights to accomplish this. Even value maximizers can calculate the price of two stays vs. redemption at an expensive Cat. 5 property. And then - what?

The promo is supposed to keep people entertained (read: stay at MR-Group Hotels frequently) for 4 months. Something this promo falls terribly short of.

At this time it just says: grab the free cert if it's of any value for you and then stay elsewhere until MR figures and announces what to do next. This is bad for business.
HomeAgain likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by funkbandit
With this promo, only the reward for the first two stays is certain. Hotel hoppers need two nights to accomplish this. Even value maximizers can calculate the price of two stays vs. redemption at an expensive Cat. 5 property. And then - what?

The promo is supposed to keep people entertained (read: stay at MR-Group Hotels frequently) for 4 months. Something this promo falls terribly short of.

At this time it just says: grab the free cert if it's of any value for you and then stay elsewhere until MR figures and announces what to do next. This is bad for business.
Another possibility is that Marriott is gearing the promo towards people who don't stay there often. If that's the case, I'd expect Silver Elites and people without status to get the additional bonus offer more often than those at higher levels.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Canada101
Anyone else having trouble registering for this promo? Every time I try to register (since registration opened) I get an error message:

A Note About This Promotion:
We’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.

I'm using the link from the home page of Marriott.com and I've tried both when I'm signed in and when I'm not.
Originally Posted by nacho
I DMed MR on twitter to sign up.
I DMed MR on twitter and they said they have signed me up but it is not showing in my account in the promotion section.

Is this the same for others that were manually registered?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:21 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
I DMed MR on twitter and they said they have signed me up but it is not showing in my account in the promotion section.

Is this the same for others that were manually registered?
I registered manually through their Facebook DM and it showed on my MR profile a few days later.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by enelym1978
I registered manually through their Facebook DM and it showed on my MR profile a few days later.
Thanks for the reply ^. I'll give it a few days then as it was only done last night.

Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Thanks for the reply ^. I'll give it a few days then as it was only done last night.

Thanks!
My husband had to do the same (DM via Twitter) and it took about 24 hours after they said it was done for it to be reflected on his account.

But we're with everyone else on wondering what will happen after 2 stays. Thus, he's staying at Hilton properties this week! I can't believe they are running a Megabonus with no defined bonus.
mclymerne likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:37 am

Noticed a slight change to my promo page once my two stays were completed and free night cert posted:

Originally Posted by Marriott
Earn a free night – and more bonus points for your stays through January 15, 2018.
Still no word on how said bonus points are to be earned though.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Any report of what the second unlock will be? I got my second stay early next week - then 3 nights after that in Hawaii at an Autograph. Really hate these going to waste and would rather be maximizing this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:57 pm

I just had a long conversation with a Marriott rewards representative. They said they received a memo today saying that the promotion will be available next week! With the Summer brand bonus the different brand part of the promotion will be posted the second or 3rd week of October

Now with all your stays that you have done after your first two stays to unlock the bonus the certificate will be counted toward the second part of the promotion!

Now they gave me the 5 different options and this will depend on status, how often you stay ect

1. Earn 2,000 points for all stays after your second stay.
2. Earn 4,000 points for all stays after your second stay.

Now I would assume the above are for people that rarely stay and are silver status

3. Earn 1,000 points for all stays after your second stay
4. Earn 10,000 points after every 8 stays. Up to a certain amount
5. Earn 10,000 points after every 10 stays. Up to a certain amount
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by Marriott15
I just had a long conversation with a Marriott rewards representative. They said they received a memo today saying that the promotion will be available next week! With the Summer brand bonus the different brand part of the promotion will be posted the second or 3rd week of October

Now with all your stays that you have done after your first two stays to unlock the bonus the certificate will be counted toward the second part of the promotion!

Now they gave me the 5 different options and this will depend on status, how often you stay ect

Now I would assume the above are for people that rarely stay and are silver status

Stays or Nights?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA / SPG
Staggering / Tandem bookings

Question: If two people wish to stay for 4 consecutive nights in the same room, according to the Post #150 (click here for link), we can book at tandem:

Day 1 - Person A
Day 2 - Person B
Day 3 - Person A
Day 4 - Person B

This way, both Person A and Person B can earn 2 stays each for the promotion.

What if Person A is MR Gold Elite, and Person B has no status? Would it be tough asking for the Gold Elite complimentary room upgrade on Days 2 & 4? Would having both names on all reservations help?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL DM, UA 1K, MR PP
Originally Posted by Marriott15

The only deal on this list that is even remotely appealing is 4K per stay...

SPG is 1,000 bonus points for each stay, and SPG transfer directly to MR at a rate of 3/1. If you consider that you typically get 500 SPG points ac a welcome gift per stay compared to 500 MR points, there's no reason this offer should sway anyone to Marriott over SPG properties, and if anything, the opposite is true.
bsdstone and synergistic like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.