Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walked in on... Naked

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SpicyMorale
or this is bs (or you are not giving complete/truthful feedback).
Why the heck would I do that? It's not like I'm asking for compensation or anything. I just want to understand how this could happen. It concerns me that my female high school students were able to walk into locked rooms with their old keys. They were really freaked out by it. Especially the pair who walked in to find a man in the bathroom.

All sorts of folks try to get away with stuff on FT, but I resent the insinuation that I'm one of them.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Can anybody recommend the best contact method for Marriott to mention this sort of thing? Just happened to me yesterday. Also, is this the sort of thing that would get somebody into much trouble? I really want to complain to marriott about this, because it is certainly not acceptable, but I am not looking for heads to roll. Just want them to know that it is a serious issue and that they should take steps to prevent it from happening again.
And as it is a hotel that does not have any chain or any sort of lock on the door whatsoever, it made sleeping much more difficult.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
Can anybody recommend the best contact method for Marriott to mention this sort of thing? Just happened to me yesterday. Also, is this the sort of thing that would get somebody into much trouble? I really want to complain to marriott about this, because it is certainly not acceptable, but I am not looking for heads to roll. Just want them to know that it is a serious issue and that they should take steps to prevent it from happening again.
And as it is a hotel that does not have any chain or any sort of lock on the door whatsoever, it made sleeping much more difficult.
Corporate channels. SVP or someone along those lines.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Aventine
Corporate channels. SVP or someone along those lines.
Browsing the list of executives at Executive Leadership | Marriott News Center, I would think:

Ronald T. (“Ron”) Harrison, Global Officer, Architecture and Construction

[email protected]
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I'm not sure what corporate can do here. People do weird things at weird times and there are no rules that will prevent that. Making sure the door is locked from the inside whenever you're in the room is always wise. Now if housekeepping (regular staff) has override keys, then talking with the GM would be the right thing to do. Making sure your door is securely latched when you leave is important to do. Many times I've had the closer not seat the door completely so just pushing on the door will open. Again a comment to the front desk will probably/hopefully get a maintenance request posted and addressed. Ultimately the property is the one responsible for on-site security issues and best addressed locally.

A case in point, I received a second charge from a property for a movie charged to my room. It turned out that happened after I checked out! When I was talking with the manager I suggested maybe someone slipped into my room while the door was propped open during cleaning. She was emphatic about that does not happen there. Next time I stayed (yes, I give second chances), I noticed several doors with the flip locks propping doors open, so I went to the front desk, asked for the manager and if she'd take a walk with me down the hallway. She was very angry to see the doors opened and promised to address the issue with the staff that day! The next day there were no doors open when I walked down the hallway. So give the local management a chance and if they fail to take the issue seriously, then escalate with someone at corporate operations.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |
Originally Posted by lexdevil
Why the heck would I do that? It's not like I'm asking for compensation or anything. I just want to understand how this could happen. It concerns me that my female high school students were able to walk into locked rooms with their old keys. They were really freaked out by it. Especially the pair who walked in to find a man in the bathroom.

All sorts of folks try to get away with stuff on FT, but I resent the insinuation that I'm one of them.
I "blamed" the FDA first, to each there own sweetie.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
I use the "chain" lock as a matter of course, as this happens to me every third stay night or so- by housekeeping, who apparently will try and enter a room no matter how much noise/repsonse they hear coming from inside; I'm starting to think it's on purpose (breakroom story contest, anyone? ).
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
I use the "chain" lock as a matter of course, as this happens to me every third stay night or so- by housekeeping, who apparently will try and enter a room no matter how much noise/repsonse they hear coming from inside; I'm starting to think it's on purpose (breakroom story contest, anyone? ).
Most hotels have this unwritten policy, some before the Las Vegas shooting but definitely more after. It's also to check for dead bodies. Three people passed in 3.5 years where I worked...
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SpicyMorale
I "blamed" the FDA first, to each there own sweetie.
You said it was possible that I was lying. And then you called me "sweetie." We're done.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
I always use the chain lock where one exists.
Unfortunately, the hotel where I stayed did not have any and it seems increasingly common to find hotels that do not have one.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I always use the chain lock where one exists.
Unfortunately, the hotel where I stayed did not have any and it seems increasingly common to find hotels that do not have one.
There should be some form of secondary lock to block someone from entering at EVERY property. If not, do have a discussion with the MOD and post your experience on here and maybe even TripAdvisor to let others know their safety is not taken seriously by the property. I have seen some doors where you merely lift up on the handle to engage a security bolt. I do expect the property to have a means to override such locks, but those keys/tools should NOT be in the hands of regular daily housekeepers. If you find that to be the case, again, have a talk with the MOD to let them know that is not acceptable and alert others. I do agree a property should have the ability to periodically inspect rooms for a welfare check or nefarious activity, but that needs to be done by security staff or management.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: Marriott, PP, Plat for life, Ambassador
Ive walked in on a few but never been walked in on......because I always hit the secondary lock. Always. This is not a brand specific problem but more of a living on the road thing.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Every time I see this thread's title I think to myself, "Wait, was the naked person the one in the room or the one walking in?"

Reminds me of a classic Rodney Dangerfield joke....
Old Mar 11, 2018, 3:17 am

Programs: Marriott, PP, Plat for life, Ambassador
Haha Me Too Darth. We did an all nighter and hit the beds in Tel Aviv around 8AM. Standard practice is to black out the room, hang the DND sign, plop in some earplugs pass out. Copilot forgot to double lock the chain and kicked off the covers while asleep. Yup, he woke up to a scream as he was face up doing a narcoleptic snow angel to a 50 year old Russian Maid. Apparently she did the normal, knock knock housekeeping and opened the door thinking the guest was out for the day. He didnt hear squat and she didnt see him until she pulled back the drapes and the combined light and her shriek woke him up. Nekkid as a bluejay, laughing his butt off.

I always find it funny that there is a Do not disturb sign for people. Who do they think that sign is for? Friends, family? If I had friends or family in that town I would be staying with them. The sign is for hotel staff, not my Nana. Now im on the back side of the clock and most of the time hotel staff will not knock.......but call instead, waking me up. Now I ask the front desk staff to tell housekeeping know not to knock or call unless the hotel is on fire. Seems to work more than not.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
I was in my hotel room lying on top of the bed naked when the maid walked in......finally.
hockeyinsider and kennycrudup like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.