Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: trekwars2000
Spring MegaBonus 2015 Options:
  • Earn 3,000 points on every paid stay that includes a Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday — up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 8 stays over weekend day)
  • Earn 3,000 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 9 stays)
  • Earn 2,500 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points (maxes out after 11 stays)
  • Earn 2,000 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 13 stays)
  • Earn 10,000 points after 10 paid nights plus 2,000 points with every additional night, up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 17 nights)
  • Earn 25,000 points after 20 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
  • Earn 15,000 points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 points with every additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
  • Earn 25,000 points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
  • Earn 35,000 points after 20 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 55,000 bonus points (maxes out after 30 nights)
Print Wikipost

Marriott Megabonus 2/1/15-4/30/15

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:31 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
You got lucky.
The majority of my stays are two rooms per night and I have yet to experience not get multiple night credit at the lower end properties Fi, CY,RI, SS and I have never gotten multiple credit at Full serve hotels like JW M. I haven't had multiple rooms at Ren, Ritz.

I also get plat rewards x # rooms at lower end. So it would be safe to count on receiving credit for multiple nights until someone reports otherwise. (don't know how more than 3 rooms per night work or rooms booked as a block)

I find that the reservation gets split before check in which is what generates the two night credit. Same number but but when you look at your list of reservations it shows the single stay as two stays.

Last edited by kklems; Apr 23, 2015 at 6:44 pm
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by Michilander
Yes......
Are we sure about this? Technically, this stay wouldn't be completed by April 30.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by dldkjones
Current Megabonus ends on 4/30. I am checking in on 4/30 and out on 5/1. Will this stay receive the Megabonus?
Yes......
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
Are we sure about this? Technically, this stay wouldn't be completed by April 30.
Yes, check in date is what counts.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
You say that, but I recall reading reports of the opposite being the case in past Megabonus promotions. Where checking in the last day of the listed promotion dates have not counted because the stay is completed after the promotion date range. I'm not saying you're wrong, but without written clarification from MR I wouldn't bank on it.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
You say that, but I recall reading reports of the opposite being the case in past Megabonus promotions. Where checking in the last day of the listed promotion dates have not counted because the stay is completed after the promotion date range. I'm not saying you're wrong, but without written clarification from MR I wouldn't bank on it.
All I can tell you is that I have done this more than once and always gotten credit for the night of the last day. You will not get credit for more than that one night if the stay is longer, but you will get the night for check in on the last day. Same with nights counting toward status at the end of the year. Check in on Dec 31, 2015 and that night will count for 2015, not 2016.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by kklems
The majority of my stays are two rooms per night and I have yet to experience not get multiple night credit at the lower end properties Fi, CY,RI, SS and I have never gotten multiple credit at Full serve hotels like JW M. I haven't had multiple rooms at Ren, Ritz.

I also get plat rewards x # rooms at lower end. So it would be safe to count on receiving credit for multiple nights until someone reports otherwise. (don't know how more than 3 rooms per night work or rooms booked as a block)

I find that the reservation gets split before check in which is what generates the two night credit. Same number but but when you look at your list of reservations it shows the single stay as two stays.
Agreed, because my points came from 2 different properties, I doubt it was "luck." Although they were both CYs, maybe it's different at a full service Marriott or a RC.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by threedjmay
I'm Plat with MR. I called today and switched mine to a "Stay" based promotion. They were able to make that change, but according to the CR they are going to be soon doing away with the ability to make changes. We'll see if that's something that actually does go away.
Same here, even at this late date.

I have been automatically enrolled in Megabonus promotions for years but this
Spring it didn't happen. No one could explain why. Just figured it was Marriott's
way of rewarding a Lifetime Plat.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to point out- certain things are consistent with every single one of the three annual bonuses for at least the last 5 years.

There are always a large number of people who are not automatically enrolled, at all status levels. Noone knows why this is. Everyone who calls or emails is enrolled in a promotion. Marriott refuses to comment on why this happens.

People call/write and ask for switches to another promo. Some get it. Some don't. Some give up, some call back. Some are told they will get it but it is a special case and it will never happen again. Some are told that they are "cracking down on this" Seriously, they have been saying this for 15 promos, at least.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 4:24 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
So what's the next promotion?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 4:34 am
Suspended

likely announced in next 10-days (based on previous MR history)

Originally Posted by dwcatty
So what's the next promotion?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Just got off the phone after requesting a change from the stay 15 get 15K to the stay 20 get 35K as I ended up with 20 nights which equals another 10K points for me. She checked to see which promos I could switch into - my desired promo was available. Then she noted that normally they can't switch you into another promo at the very end of the promo period like this - the auditors don't like it was basically the reason she gave. However she went ahead and added the extra 10K points for me, stressing that next time the promo comes out, I should look at all the offers and decide within the first 30 days of the promo which one I really wanted. An interesting conversation to say the least.

For what it's worth, I've never actually even tried to switch promos until today but since I'm still short on total points for lifetime status, figured why not. Anyway, that was my experience.

-Mike
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by mbflyflyaway
Just got off the phone after requesting a change from the stay 15 get 15K to the stay 20 get 35K as I ended up with 20 nights which equals another 10K points for me. She checked to see which promos I could switch into - my desired promo was available. Then she noted that normally they can't switch you into another promo at the very end of the promo period like this - the auditors don't like it was basically the reason she gave. However she went ahead and added the extra 10K points for me, stressing that next time the promo comes out, I should look at all the offers and decide within the first 30 days of the promo which one I really wanted. An interesting conversation to say the least.

For what it's worth, I've never actually even tried to switch promos until today but since I'm still short on total points for lifetime status, figured why not. Anyway, that was my experience.

-Mike
The last promotion was the first time I actually tried to switch, and I think I called either the day it was ending or the day before. They switched me, but the person actually said it was better to call after the promotion ends. So who knows I guess.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They don't know what they are saying. They say all the time that this promo is the last one switching will be allowed for. 3 times a year for 5 years the promo has been the last one they allow it......
Old May 1, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Just called up to change to the 3k per night and was told that one was "locked" and "only targeted members got that deal". He said "they're getting pretty strict on changing".

With my 12 nights and 6 stays during the promo, I'm staying with the promo that I received...sadly.
Old May 1, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
How long does it typically take for them to manually calculate and post the points for those who switched promos?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.