Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: trekwars2000
Spring MegaBonus 2015 Options:
  • Earn 3,000 points on every paid stay that includes a Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday — up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 8 stays over weekend day)
  • Earn 3,000 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 9 stays)
  • Earn 2,500 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points (maxes out after 11 stays)
  • Earn 2,000 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 13 stays)
  • Earn 10,000 points after 10 paid nights plus 2,000 points with every additional night, up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 17 nights)
  • Earn 25,000 points after 20 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
  • Earn 15,000 points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 points with every additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
  • Earn 25,000 points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
  • Earn 35,000 points after 20 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 55,000 bonus points (maxes out after 30 nights)
Print Wikipost

Marriott Megabonus 2/1/15-4/30/15

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:55 am
KRS

Originally Posted by KRS
For those who call in to change their promo, do you get a confirmation email about the switch?
Originally Posted by planemechanic
I didn't get anything in email.
Originally Posted by sammyindc
Usually not - they just confirm the change over the phone and sometimes it reflects in your account but often they have to manually track it and modify your point earnings at the end of the promotion.
Thanks guys; maybe I am paranoid but I would prefer to have it in writing.
I only did switch promos once, and that was via email so I did have the confirmation. But I guess if this had been an issue we would have heard about it on FT!
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KRS
Thanks guys; maybe I am paranoid but I would prefer to have it in writing.
I only did switch promos once, and that was via email so I did have the confirmation. But I guess if this had been an issue we would have heard about it on FT!
I switched plans on the last promo and it worked the same way, no email, no confirmation, but they did get it right without any follow up from me at the end of the promo.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Minimum stay length?

I am Gold via Chase Marriott Rewards Visa spend last year. Offer:

"Earn 2,500 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points."

In the terms and conditions, here is the very first one, "A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity." (Emphasis added.)

Thus it appears a "stay" must be at least two nights, and a one-night stay does not count as a "stay" for Spring MegaBonus purposes. Do the more experienced Marriott Rewards guests concur? Or is that provision solely to prevent multiple stay credit for checking out and then right back in at the same location?

I do not see why stays could not also earn double credit (after 1 February), for both this promo and the Western U.S. weekends promo (Promotional Code M41) of 2,000 Marriott Rewards bonus points per night on Friday-Sunday nights, up to 6,000 extra points per stay. Right?

Again, in the terms for that promo: A "hotel stay" or "stay" means all consecutive nights spent with Marriott by a registered Marriott Rewards member.

So maybe I am reading too much into this, though the MegaBonus definition did not include "all". I did peruse various threads and wiki posts.

Edit: Thanks for your prompt response, mbece!

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Jan 15, 2015 at 4:58 pm Reason: Appreciation.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Thus it appears a "stay" must be at least two nights, and a one-night stay does not count as a "stay" for Spring MegaBonus purposes. Do the more experienced Marriott Rewards guests concur? Or is that provision solely to prevent multiple stay credit for checking out and then right back in at the same location?
It's for preventing people checking out and then checking in. One night stays count as stays.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Originally Posted by KRS
For those who call in to change their promo, do you get a confirmation email about the switch?
I did get one the next day telling me I was enrolled.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:29 am
Suspended

Spring MegaBonus is just around the corner

Hi all. I'm a Lifetime gold with over 700 nights. I just got off the phone with MR about the fall Megabonus. I turned down their initial offer of 35 stays for 50k points back in September. I knew I'd only come close to 15 nights. The rep back in September gave me a list of other offers and I accepted the 2500 points after the 2nd pay stay maxing at 25000. I completed 10 paid stays which gives me 25000. I confirmed it with several reps during and after the promo ended. When I called this morning the supervisor told me I was only offered double points which totaled up for like 10k points. I told her that I was promised the other promo. They declined to give me the 25000 miles and pretty much called me a liar. The supervisor also told me that MR is going to do away offering alternative promos from the one they select for u. It appears to cause them A LOT of headaches like this one.
This is very disheartening. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, because I always get it in writing. Sorry,t hat's probably not helpful

Marriott needs to implement a way to document a changed promo if they are going to allow it.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:44 am
Suspended

Spring MegaBonus is just around the corner

You're correct.... Getting it in writing helps. When MR manually adjusted the alternative promo it still has the original offer on my profile so it just becomes here say between 2 parties.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:18 am

Should we be able to register for this now ? - As I'm not seeing it in 'Promotional Central' on my account ?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djblamire
Should we be able to register for this now ? - As I'm not seeing it in 'Promotional Central' on my account ?
Call or use Contact Us link. Everyone should have one.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:57 am

Earn 3,000 points on every paid stay that includes a Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday — up to 24,000 bonus points

So if I just stay a Thursday-Friday night, and then a Sunday-Monday, it will count for 6k points? That doesn't sound all that bad if it is true.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by factory81
Earn 3,000 points on every paid stay that includes a Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday — up to 24,000 bonus points

So if I just stay a Thursday-Friday night, and then a Sunday-Monday, it will count for 6k points? That doesn't sound all that bad if it is true.
Find two Marriott properties next to each other and alternate THU, FRI, SAT and SUN nights between the two -- should get you 24K points.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold
Originally Posted by GoodForAnother
I've always been able to get them to switch me just by emailing through the website, which takes 2 seconds vs 2 minutes on the phone.
To anyone who's had this work for them in the past ... did you get a response from MR via email or did you just take it on faith that they would switch you?
Old Jan 22, 2015, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I always get a confirmation using the Contact Us link.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
I looked for the answer to my following question but didn't see the answer. I also sent a message to MR but I guess they didn't understand my question because they didn't answer it, so I am asking it here. The Megabonus begins February 1. But is that checkin or check out date? If I check out on Feb. 1 having checked in during late Jan., does that qualify as a stay under this Megabonus?
If this has been previously answered, I apologize. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.