Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: trekwars2000
Spring MegaBonus 2015 Options:
  • Earn 3,000 points on every paid stay that includes a Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday — up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 8 stays over weekend day)
  • Earn 3,000 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 9 stays)
  • Earn 2,500 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points (maxes out after 11 stays)
  • Earn 2,000 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 13 stays)
  • Earn 10,000 points after 10 paid nights plus 2,000 points with every additional night, up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 17 nights)
  • Earn 25,000 points after 20 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
  • Earn 15,000 points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 points with every additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
  • Earn 25,000 points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
  • Earn 35,000 points after 20 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 55,000 bonus points (maxes out after 30 nights)
Print Wikipost

Marriott Megabonus 2/1/15-4/30/15

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ekardz
Now my 1 "night" aka stay is removed and it shows 0
Same here. I think that's a good sign. The reason is probably that they need to do it in two separate steps: Clear out the wrong totals first (and that part is done!), and then run a script to add in the right totals. (I'm guessing the script to recalculate can only add, not replace, and thus need to zero out the totals in a step before the recalculation.)
Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: Marriot Plat Prem, Hyatt Diamond, AA EP
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Same here. I think that's a good sign. The reason is probably that they need to do it in two separate steps: Clear out the wrong totals first (and that part is done!), and then run a script to add in the right totals. (I'm guessing the script to recalculate can only add, not replace, and thus need to zero out the totals in a step before the recalculation.)
Today all is correct!
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ekardz
Today all is correct!
Yaay! ^^^
Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by TWToKM
I was auto-assigned to the 25K points after 15 paid nights plus 2K points after each additional night, up to 45K. Sent an email requesting to switch to another promo and was denied. Called and was given the alternative of 2,500 points per stay after 2nd stay, which is kind of what I expected given previous posts. Since this was a manual adjustment, was told would not see points posting until May 1st after promo ended.
I had the same original offer - I no longer travel for work, but throw in a few personal trips every quarter, but never enough to hit more than 8-10 nights. I also received the 2500 points after the 2nd stay, although I was hoping for 3000. That's fine, as I'm just grateful to be able to pick up 5000-10,000 extra points.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
I just called to try and switch mine and got some very interesting info. Apparently:

1. If you've switched megabonus promo's in the past, the system won't let you do it again
2. Some promo's are allowed to switch, but other are not. Mine is not eligible to switch (Earn 15,000 points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 points with every additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points)
3. The system assigns you a megabonus based on how many reservations it sees you have in the system - So I guess since I had 12, they gave me the 15 night promo to get me to make 3 more.

This is what the agent told me. Seems true enough but who knows?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jlb3
I just called to try and switch mine and got some very interesting info. Apparently:

1. If you've switched megabonus promo's in the past, the system won't let you do it again
2. Some promo's are allowed to switch, but other are not. Mine is not eligible to switch (Earn 15,000 points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 points with every additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points)
3. The system assigns you a megabonus based on how many reservations it sees you have in the system - So I guess since I had 12, they gave me the 15 night promo to get me to make 3 more.

This is what the agent told me. Seems true enough but who knows?
Item 3 can't be true (or at least it can't be that simple). This cycle, there are two completely different promos (in terms of what you earn) that both require at least 15 nights (and btw both also max out at 25 nights):
Earn 15,000 points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 points with every additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)

Earn 25,000 points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
There's no way that what you just described would explain why you would get the first of those instead of the second of those.

Furthermore, I got a promo:
Earn 25,000 points after 20 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
that requires 20 nights, yet I had zero (0) nights reserved at the point my promo was assigned. So my promo was clearly assigned in some way based on past stay patterns, not based on future reservations.

... And there are plenty of counterexamples to item 1, too.

Last edited by sdsearch; Mar 10, 2015 at 3:01 pm
Old Mar 10, 2015, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The average agent know less about Megabonus than a well-informed FTer.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:19 pm

Just passing along what I was told. I will try again tomorrow. 15 nights in 3 months is too much for a leisure traveler.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jlb3
15 nights in 3 months is too much for a leisure traveler.
If you had said "usually", then I might have agreed with you.

But someone going on a 3-week vacation during those three months? That certainly might not be too much.

Meanwhile, what do you mean by "leisure" traveler? I hate how the industry breaks it up into "business'" and "leisure", because most of my travel is neither (it's personally paid and not reimbursed, but not leisure the way most people would define it).

Is going to a funeral "leisure" travel?

Is staying somewhere because your house is tented "leisure" travel?

Is commute reduction (of your own choice) "leisure" travel?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:08 am

I guess I should have been clearer. 15 nights in 3 months is a lot FOR ME. Because of my job it's hard to take more than 2 days off at a time. So that's a lot of 3 night trips. To me, a leisure traveler is someone traveling for personal reasons - not business. Maybe I should have said personal traveler.

FWIW, I e-mailed MR Rewards and was switched. Hooray! Now I'm 2,500 points for every paid stay starting with your second paid stay up to a maximum of 25,000 points.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
If you had said "usually", then I might have agreed with you.

But someone going on a 3-week vacation during those three months? That certainly might not be too much.

Meanwhile, what do you mean by "leisure" traveler? I hate how the industry breaks it up into "business'" and "leisure", because most of my travel is neither (it's personally paid and not reimbursed, but not leisure the way most people would define it).

Is going to a funeral "leisure" travel?

Is staying somewhere because your house is tented "leisure" travel?

Is commute reduction (of your own choice) "leisure" travel?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:56 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Changing offers as Gold?

Anyone ever been able to get MR to change their Mebabonus offer as a Gold? Specifically, anyone been able to change from a stay based offer to a night based offer?

Thanks.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Michilander
Anyone ever been able to get MR to change their Mebabonus offer as a Gold? Specifically, anyone been able to change from a stay based offer to a night based offer?

Thanks.
I've had mine changed a few times previously when I was a gold member. Although this time I'm platinum. If I recall correctly, I could choose any of the offers to change to.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:18 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Michilander

Thanks.
Originally Posted by djblamire
I've had mine changed a few times previously when I was a gold member. Although this time I'm platinum. If I recall correctly, I could choose any of the offers to change to.
Thanks.

Yeah, never had a problem switching as Plat. But, I am about to hit LTP, so we are going to shift to accumulating nights and points for my wife, who is Gold and keeps getting stay based offers. Problem is we tend to have long stays, so night based offers are more useful.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:59 pm

a question: Do I get megabonus points if I paid with my "Rewards points"? Can't find it in the terms.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Spring MegaBonus is just around the corner

no. Reward nights/stays do not count.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.