Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: trekwars2000
Spring MegaBonus 2015 Options:
  • Earn 3,000 points on every paid stay that includes a Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday — up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 8 stays over weekend day)
  • Earn 3,000 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 9 stays)
  • Earn 2,500 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points (maxes out after 11 stays)
  • Earn 2,000 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 13 stays)
  • Earn 10,000 points after 10 paid nights plus 2,000 points with every additional night, up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 17 nights)
  • Earn 25,000 points after 20 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
  • Earn 15,000 points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 points with every additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
  • Earn 25,000 points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
  • Earn 35,000 points after 20 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 55,000 bonus points (maxes out after 30 nights)
Print Wikipost

Marriott Megabonus 2/1/15-4/30/15

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:20 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge
Original Poster

Marriott Megabonus 2/1/15-4/30/15

The countdown is on for registration to open for Marriott Rewards Spring MegaBonus. This is your chance to rev up your earnings. Here are the details:

From February 1, 2015 through April 30, 2015, all Marriott Rewards members registered for the promotion will earn an exclusive MegaBonus offer for qualifying stays made at over 3,800 participating properties around the world.

Registration opens on December 17th, when you will be able to visit your Promotion Central page to receive your unique offer. All offers will be available by 5:00pm EST on the 17th. All qualifying stays can be paid using any payment method/credit card of your choice (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, etc.)

Registration is required by March 31, 2015

Earning Dates: February 1, 2015 – April 30, 2015

Participating Brands:
EDITION,® JW Marriott,® Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott Hotels,® Marriott Vacation Club, Gaylord Hotels,® AC Hotels by Marriott,® Courtyard by Marriott,® Residence Inn by Marriott,® SpringHill Suites by Marriott,® Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott,® TownePlace Suites by Marriott®, Moxy Hotels® and select Protea Hotels®. Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton,® will count toward achievement.

Questions? You will also find FAQs and official terms & conditions when the registration period officially begins December 17th at MarriottRewards.com/MegaBonus. Please call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468), or call your local Marriott Rewards Customer Support office for complete details.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:52 am
Suspended

Spring MegaBonus is just around the corner

Please bring back the certificates
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by sanfran8080
Please bring back the certificates
+1
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, DL DM MM. National Exec... and my CC qualified for Plat. Status!
I would prefer that they bring back Gift Cheques for Platinum's. That was one of the best deals around...
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:15 am
Suspended

Sadly, I just received news from Marriott Rewards (as I had contacted them) that it will again be a points based promotion. No, I did not ask them what my offer is as I thought that would be pushing it and I can wait a couple of days, but they said it was a points based promotion.

Whether that will pan out and just what the offers will be is another matter, which we will find out on Tuesday and afterwards when people post their offers, but I think you should all operate on the assumption that it will again be points based.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Sadly, I just received news from Marriott Rewards (as I had contacted them) that it will again be a points based promotion. No, I did not ask them what my offer is as I thought that would be pushing it and I can wait a couple of days, but they said it was a points based promotion.

Whether that will pan out and just what the offers will be is another matter, which we will find out on Tuesday and afterwards when people post their offers, but I think you should all operate on the assumption that it will again be points based.
I appreciate the points, but thumbs down for being boring. Same promotion quarter after quarter is no fun. Hire some creative innovative folks in your promotions departure to make it a fun promotion for once.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dank0014
I appreciate the points, but thumbs down for being boring. Same promotion quarter after quarter is no fun. Hire some creative innovative folks in your promotions departure to make it a fun promotion for once.
Be careful what you wish for. You could get Hilton's "variety" which is going between double base points (blah) and a small number of bonus points per stay (blah). Marriott's consistent 50k for 25 nights (as the top or second-from-top offer) is much better IMHO, and I don't mind at all it being consistent, especially since maxing it out helps me get to lifetime status much quicker on my inexpensive stays.

Oh, then there's IHG to look for why you don't want them to be creative. Stay 8 nights in a 4-month period, and the promo the next period will demand you stay 20 nights. Stay 20 nights with in a 4-month period, and the promo the next period will demand you stay 45 nights. Do you really want them to be so creative that they create unattainable bonuses and no choice of bonuses? (At IHG, you can only do what they targeted for you, no other choices. At Marriott, if your targeted promo doesn't fit your needs, you can usually switch to one that fits better. ^)
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Why am I not surprised!!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond MR PLAT US Gold
Originally Posted by dank0014
I appreciate the points
Yes , me too
Points are flexible , rather than CAT - n Certificate
Again , its me

Cheers
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Be careful what you wish for. You could get Hilton's "variety" which is going between double base points (blah) and a small number of bonus points per stay (blah). Marriott's consistent 50k for 25 nights (as the top or second-from-top offer) is much better IMHO, and I don't mind at all it being consistent, especially since maxing it out helps me get to lifetime status much quicker on my inexpensive stays.

Oh, then there's IHG to look for why you don't want them to be creative. Stay 8 nights in a 4-month period, and the promo the next period will demand you stay 20 nights. Stay 20 nights with in a 4-month period, and the promo the next period will demand you stay 45 nights. Do you really want them to be so creative that they create unattainable bonuses and no choice of bonuses? (At IHG, you can only do what they targeted for you, no other choices. At Marriott, if your targeted promo doesn't fit your needs, you can usually switch to one that fits better. ^)
I get your point, but that's not what I'm referring to. By no means should they make it impossible to reward and enjoy a promotion, what I mean is there is opportunity to challenge and create value while benefiting their bottom line. For example, take this:

Maybe a multiplier type of deal
-stay 5-15 nights, multiple your base points during that period by 1.15
-stay 16-20 nights, multiple your base points during that period by 1.25
-stay 21....
In a situation like that, lets say you average a daily room rate @ $200 prior to taxes, meaning your base points at say a Marriott property puts you at 2,000 points at 20 nights = 40k in points, and your multiplier is the 1.25 = 50k in bonus points for that promotion

It could be percentage based too
-stay 5-10 nights, receive a 25% points bonus during that period based upon your base points
-stay 11-15 nights, 50%
-16-20 nights, 75%
-21-30 nights, 100%
-31+, 125%

In a situation like the above, say I stay 18 nights, and my base points is 42,500 points, means I would earn a bonus of 31,875 on points. Now if I stay at lower cost properties or properties that don't earn say 10 points per dollar, and my base points add up during the period to 30,000 points, then I would only earn 22,500 bonus points. Same time, say 32 nights, base points earned 48k means 60k in bonus points at the 125% bonus

In both of these situations, what it does is reward on two factors: number of nights you stay + amount of spend. It also encourages travelers to continue staying at Marriott properties beyond reaching the promotion - take me for example, I reached my 25 nights in the most recent promotion, so now that I don't earn anything additional, I'll jump over to Hyatt and take that promo.

Yes this may piss off those that can earn a promo with minimal spend and get the elite night credits, but it's no different than what we are seeing at UA or DL with rewarding those that spend the $$.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Marriott's consistent 50k for 25 nights (as the top or second-from-top offer)
If that was actually consistent, and not just "the top offer" then it would indeed be great. Most people get a "mega" bonus that provides half that for much more time and money.

They should make their offer more like the LHW Leaders Club with certs that are not category 1-4 (or 1-5) but brand wide certs. Or something like 4 stays for cat 1-4, 6 stays cat 1-5 etc. so that with certain number of stays the certs are cat 1-9.

Free nights would always be better than points since points have been so incredibly devalued (for European hotels at least and more so for RC hotels )
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:49 am

Programs: MPC, Marriott, Hyatt
This is likely MR only, and not for RCR folks, right? I changed my program from MR to RCR (because I generally stay at RC) but I am wondering if that was the right move, given that there seems to be more MR promotions than RCR promotions.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:04 am

Programs: MPC, Marriott, Hyatt
Oops, posted my reply in the wrong thread. Too many FT tabs open!

Last edited by kawaii; Dec 16, 2014 at 3:04 am Reason: Oops, wrong thread.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Bring back the cert!

For those who prefer points - there has been point promo in every single Megabonus - bring the certs back doesn't mean that they take away the points promo.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would expect they will evaluate the value of certs/no certs promos AFTER the first promo that did not offer certs is over. (Jan 15)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.