Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
recent issues w/ reply times ... 3.5 days! And I emailed 3 times WT? was going on and takes them that long. Finally approved, but really? 3.5 days to a reply for a simple claim?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:14 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by DaveMidknight
Had just the same exchange with the LNF-Team. The third party site states, that the rate includes all taxes and fees (which is normal by the way here in Europe). But the LNF-Supervisor replies, that the third party site only charges the VAT and not some Regional Tax and Service Charge they charge.
The Marriot reservation only states "ESTIMATED GOVERNMENT TAXES & FEES" and a seperate "Service Charge"
The funny thing is, that even after pointing out that the VAT is included in the third party rate, she writes that for the comparison, they consider the third party rate as if the VAT is not included????
Yes I have had this argument as well ...LNF team says: The OTA web page states all tax not service charge ... my response: how on earth can a rate "include all tax" without including service charge if VAT pertains to goods AND services which in this case it was .... but no dice they were insisting that all tax excludes the tax on the service portion of the VAT which is a some what strange reasoning ... anyway at the end I found another OTA web page displaying the exact same rate but with a different wording in their FAQ :"Our rates include all taxes and fees the only additional fee is credit card fees and local payable city tax" Funny enough the rate was approved by the same person having the previously some what absurd reasoning ....and yes this time I could deduct the service charge

Last edited by X-ON; Feb 1, 2018 at 5:50 am
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:13 am

Just had the same argument as above. LNF team claimed service charges are not considered as a tax or fee, hence the LNF T&Cs does not allow that component of the rate to be removed. I replied with service charges are essentially gratuity with another name, and that Marriott's reservation listed it separately, it would be unfair to compare an service charge inclusive rate to an service charge exclusive rate. They then insisted on "service charge" must be specifically stated despite OTA states rate is "inclusive of all tax and charges/fees". At that point I gave up thinking how on earth are service charge not considered part of "all ... charges''.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Yeah, had the same thing here as well. Asked whether upon booking this all-in / total price rate that the property would charge me separately for the 10% service charge (which isn't a resort fee) and was told yes. I doubt it, but oh well.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:37 am

Hello All,

I have a few questions hope you could enlighten:

1) Can I claim LNF against a competing rate that is found on a mobile app, example Agoda app?
2) Can I claim more than 1 LNF (under different reservation number) at the same hotel for the same period of stay? Example, if I have a LNF approved, and if I wish to book a second room subsequently for the same stay period, could I submit another LNF for the second room?
3) Is there any restriction on the max number of claim within a certain period of time, like SPG BRG? I don't see the wordings in LNF T&Cs but good to double check.
4) If I have an approved LNF for 3 nights under one reservation, could I amend the reservation to 2 nights myself through the Marriott portal? It appears that I could edit the reservation (unlike SPG) but will this void the LNF in any way?

Thanks in advance for your kind advice.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by appledabble
Hello All,

I have a few questions hope you could enlighten:

1) Can I claim LNF against a competing rate that is found on a mobile app, example Agoda app?
2) Can I claim more than 1 LNF (under different reservation number) at the same hotel for the same period of stay? Example, if I have a LNF approved, and if I wish to book a second room subsequently for the same stay period, could I submit another LNF for the second room?
3) Is there any restriction on the max number of claim within a certain period of time, like SPG BRG? I don't see the wordings in LNF T&Cs but good to double check.
4) If I have an approved LNF for 3 nights under one reservation, could I amend the reservation to 2 nights myself through the Marriott portal? It appears that I could edit the reservation (unlike SPG) but will this void the LNF in any way?

Thanks in advance for your kind advice.
1) no idea. I would try it
2) yes
3) no
4) yes, call Marriott reservation line ... can't be done online AFAIK
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
1) no idea. I would try it
2) yes
3) no
4) yes, call Marriott reservation line ... can't be done online AFAIK
1. Explain in comment section that you found it on mobile app.

2. I have been able to change length of reservation by calling reservation line. But it does say no changes to LNF rates.

LNF made a mistake when a claim was accepted,by also amending the room type to 2 queen beds instead of 1 king. Yesterday
I spoke to reservations and asked if they could change but was told they can not on LNF. Will try when I get to hotel as it’s not really that big a deal for me. I’m just happy that I’m now paying 50% less than than going rate. 🙂
appledabble likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 10:03 pm

Thanks guys. I'm happy to report back that my LNF against the rate found on mobile app was approved
YoungBubbie likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
Looks like you can now choose between 25% off or 5000 MR Points! Great for cheap rates!!!!
And you can use apps too!!!
joakgarp likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Looks like you can now choose between 25% off or 5000 MR Points! Great for cheap rates!!!!
Awesome! Marriott and SPG partnership keep getting better and better. I hope Marriott get rid of the term where Marriott only honor the night that is lower and discount it with 25% and not the total rate of the stay. SPG honors the total rate of the stay.
The thing about honor for instance 2 nights out of 4 nights in one reservation is of course very annoying and not so service minded.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Awesome! Marriott and SPG partnership keep getting better and better. I hope Marriott get rid of the term where Marriott only honor the night that is lower and discount it with 25% and not the total rate of the stay. SPG honors the total rate of the stay.
The thing about honor for instance 2 nights out of 4 nights in one reservation is of course very annoying and not so service minded.
You've got to be kidding! How petty. It should be the average price of the entire stay.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, OneWorld Sapphire, MarriotRewards Gold, HiltonHonnors Gold
Look no further success !

Just got my claim approved for a 5 night stay in Tokyo at the Prince Sakura Autograph collection. Almost a $600.00 difference all in!
Old Feb 24, 2018, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like choice, but 5k points are not worth much ... 25% is almost always better. A bit concerned this is moving to 'match plus 5k points' which would not be good. It is difficult enough these days to find an acceptable comp
Old Feb 24, 2018, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by cfischer
I like choice, but 5k points are not worth much ... 25% is almost always better. A bit concerned this is moving to 'match plus 5k points' which would not be good. It is difficult enough these days to find an acceptable comp
Looks like they're getting ready to merge with SPG program which has always offered a discount or 2000 bonus pts. I usually take the bonus points on one night stays of less than $100. To purchase 2000 pts would cost $70 (even though I would never buy at full price).

2000 pts vs 25% off won't affect the difficulty in finding a competitive rate.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl

Looks like they're getting ready to merge with SPG program which has always offered a discount or 2000 bonus pts. I usually take the bonus points on one night stays of less than $100. To purchase 2000 pts would cost $70 (even though I would never buy at full price).

2000 pts vs 25% off won't affect the difficulty in finding a competitive rate.
Guess most of my stays are expensive and I use LNF to save the company money. The one I got approved today was a $220 saving with $190 coming from the 25%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.