Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Will "Not Guaranteed" room type update automatically?

Old Sep 28, 2013, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Silver

Hi all.

I'm staying at the Renaissance Brussels for a weekend in early December, and although I requested a King Size bed, it has come up "Not Guaranteed/Sold Out".

If someone cancels their room between now and then with a King Bed, is it possible for my reservation to update automatically to a Guaranteed King, or do I need to call the hotel periodically?
Old Sep 28, 2013, 5:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
EXTREMELY doubtful...............

Originally Posted by AdamUK
I'm staying at the Renaissance Brussels for a weekend in early December, and although I requested a King Size bed, it has come up "Not Guaranteed/Sold Out".

If someone cancels their room between now and then with a King Bed, is it possible for my reservation to update automatically to a Guaranteed King.....
Old Sep 28, 2013, 7:04 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Unfortunately, you will need to call the hotel periodically
Old Sep 28, 2013, 10:28 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
Are you a Marriott Plat? As such, the hotel must honor your request or pay out on the Guarantee.

Note the following elite benefit:

"5.Elite Members are eligible to receive the Room Type Guarantee at any JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels, AC Hotels, Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, SpringHill Suites by Marriott, Residence Inn by Marriott and TownePlace Suites by Marriott property worldwide. Gold Members are eligible to receive the Room Type Guarantee at any participating U.S. and Canada hotels. Only Platinum members will be honored both room and bed type preferences at participating hotels outside the U.S. and Canada. (Pillow, room location, extra bed, crib requests, etc. requests are not included in the Guarantee.) Note that exact bed sizes may vary at hotels outside the U.S. and Canada. Does not cover room upgrades.

If hotel is unable to fulfill this Room Type Guarantee, Elite Members will be compensated (see below):

Brand Guest Compensation*

JW Marriott, Autograph
Collection, Renaissance Hotels,
Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Gaylord Hotels $100 USD

AC Hotels, Courtyard, SpringHill
Suites, Residence Inn $50 USD

Fairfield Inn & Suites
TownePlace Suites $25 USD

*Hotels outside the U.S. and Canada will pay the equivalent in their local currency"
Old Sep 28, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
That is not true. Even as Platinum. Guarantee only applies if you get room of certain preference confirmed. If you can't book king size bed then you won't get king size bed guarantee.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by iztok
That is not true. Even as Platinum. Guarantee only applies if you get room of certain preference confirmed. If you can't book king size bed then you won't get king size bed guarantee.
I second this statement. As a matter of fact this guarantee is not a wide-known benefit and in some hotels you have to go all the way up to the hotel manager to get any compensation.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 12:05 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iztok
That is not true. Even as Platinum. Guarantee only applies if you get room of certain preference confirmed.
All I did was cut/pasted the actual T&C from Marriott's site. I didn't paraphrase or adlib. And this has been hashed out before and even commented on by Marriott insiders.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-question.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...l#post16441397

Does that mean that all hotels will follow all the rules all the time? No, and thus, sometimes you may have to escalate. But per the rules, a Plat should always get their requested bed type as long as the hotel has that bed type.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.