Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guaranteed Bed Type Question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2010, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Guaranteed Bed Type Question

I'm Gold staying at a Renaissance. Work made my reservation about two weeks ago; within a day of it being made I called and attached my MR # to it.

At check in, I was told they didn't have any kings available for the length of my stay and only had two queens. As I don't care too much I just said fine. Then my Plat friend mentioned the guarantee. If there's a published benefit I expect it to be executed properly.

Now here's the catch. My reservation specifically says "Not guaranteed: King Bed". So which trumps here, the reservation or the elite guarantee?
Old Nov 1, 2010, 4:15 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
Originally Posted by bennos
My reservation specifically says "Not guaranteed: King Bed".
What type of room is your reservation for? Is it a "King bed room" or is a "Room with one king or two queens" with the bed type specified by your preferences?
Old Nov 1, 2010, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by tourist
What type of room is your reservation for? Is it a "King bed room" or is a "Room with one king or two queens" with the bed type specified by your preferences?
The latter.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
I'm Gold staying at a Renaissance. Work made my reservation about two weeks ago; within a day of it being made I called and attached my MR # to it.

At check in, I was told they didn't have any kings available for the length of my stay and only had two queens. As I don't care too much I just said fine. Then my Plat friend mentioned the guarantee. If there's a published benefit I expect it to be executed properly.

Now here's the catch. My reservation specifically says "Not guaranteed: King Bed". So which trumps here, the reservation or the elite guarantee?
The elite guarantee overrides the reservation
Old Nov 1, 2010, 6:42 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
The latter.
In that case, I believe that there is no violation of the Guaranteed Room Type, since the room type you booked was unspecified. But I might be wrong.

I am really, really picky about the location of my room, but I don't care at all about the number of beds. When making a reservation at a hotel where I stayed before, I try to remember/conclude/guess the bed configuration of the quiet corner rooms to maximize the possibility that one of them will be mine...
Old Nov 1, 2010, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
In that case, I believe that there is no violation of the Guaranteed Room Type, since the room type you booked was unspecified. But I might be wrong.

I am really, really picky about the location of my room, but I don't care at all about the number of beds. When making a reservation at a hotel where I stayed before, I try to remember/conclude/guess the bed configuration of the quiet corner rooms to maximize the possibility that one of them will be mine...
whatever room type a Platinum requests is always guaranteed even though the system might not reflect it (so in this case even though the GNR had "king bed - not guaranteed" because the guest was a platinum the hotel is to provide the guest with a king bed as part of the guests platinum benefits)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.