Wiki Posts
Search

Housekeeping didn't service room

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, DL Silver
Housekeeping didn't service room

I'm sure this has happened before, but it's a first for me. Left our room at a SHS yesterday morning, got back in the evening and our room had not been made up. Very frustrating! We paid $250 plus taxes and $32 parking, which is high for this hotel (but it's a busy weekend in Baltimore).

No manager on duty to tell about this last night either!

Leaving today, and the GM is getting a letter from me about this.

I just wanted to vent!
Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
wow, such a rant for 1 day of no housekeeping

I'd say shrug it off and worry about important things in life.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
the GM may not have been there last night but there's always a duty manager as sometimes real important things actually happen............

Originally Posted by happymommy
I'm sure this has happened before, but it's a first for me. Left our room at a SHS yesterday morning, got back in the evening and our room had not been made up. Very frustrating! We paid $250 plus taxes and $32 parking, which is high for this hotel (but it's a busy weekend in Baltimore).

No manager on duty to tell about this last night either!

Leaving today, and the GM is getting a letter from me about this.

I just wanted to vent!
Old Aug 11, 2013, 7:35 am
Original Poster

No late checkout, and when I called down to request it (I know it's supposed to be a platinum perk but usually not available) the font desk girl was insisting that I had requested no maid service, actually arguing with me. She was really rude.

It really wasn't so bad but for her to insist that I had told them that when I wasn't even at the hotel at the time, then saying our do not disturb sign was out, which it wasn't, was just wrong. A simple saying I'm sorry would have been appreciated, but she just kept going on about how it was my fault was rude.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 7:37 am
Original Poster

I agree at 8 pm some manager would have been here last night. I asked to talk to a manager but was told there was none (and I was being polite about it too).
Old Aug 11, 2013, 8:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
I have found it to be quite the opposite..............

No late checkout........I know it's supposed to be a platinum perk but usually not available................
Old Aug 11, 2013, 8:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is a "he said / she said". OP says the tag wasn't out, FD says it was. Who knows who is right, but writing a letter is way over the top for something as trivial as this. If you need an extra clean towel or new shampoo, it could have been brought up.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
I don't agree it's that trivial. You're paying for a service - the service wasn't given. This actually happened to me a couple of weeks ago at a RI; I did mention it at check-out the next day, but didn't push anymore because they had been very helpful previously changing around my reservation and the FDC (actually the manager that morning that I had been e-mailing) did apologize and express concern.

No late checkout, and when I called down to request it (I know it's supposed to be a platinum perk but usually not available) the font desk girl was insisting that I had requested no maid service, actually arguing with me. She was really rude.

It really wasn't so bad but for her to insist that I had told them that when I wasn't even at the hotel at the time, then saying our do not disturb sign was out, which it wasn't, was just wrong. A simple saying I'm sorry would have been appreciated, but she just kept going on about how it was my fault was rude.
After an exchange like that, I would press my case. She's essentially calling you a liar. I don't accept being called a liar by somebody in the service industry.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Think I have been to this one...and had mngt problems

I think I have been here...its the one that is built in an old bank? BEAUTIFUL looking property..but I too had mngt problems.

I valeted (only possibly parking option) and the car was hit (BAD) by the valet. The mngr was insistent that he could not help as the valet workers worked for the hotel but the lot was owned by someone else. Because of this, both parties were claiming innocence.

In the end, my company ended up paying ~$3500 in damages to Hertz (self-insured) due to a deep gouge down the driver side from front to back. Will-never-stay-here-again!
Old Aug 11, 2013, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
I think I have been here...its the one that is built in an old bank? BEAUTIFUL looking property..but I too had mngt problems.

I valeted (only possibly parking option) and the car was hit (BAD) by the valet. The mngr was insistent that he could not help as the valet workers worked for the hotel but the lot was owned by someone else. Because of this, both parties were claiming innocence.

In the end, my company ended up paying ~$3500 in damages to Hertz (self-insured) due to a deep gouge down the driver side from front to back. Will-never-stay-here-again!
Oh my god! As we walked by the valet lot earlier I saw a valet guy ram the car he was parking into another car! It was the lot for the RI across the street (maybe same company?). I told someone what I saw.

I agree that now I've basically been called a liar I am writing management and cc to Marriott corp as well.

Yes it is the one that was a bank. I won't stay there again.

And it isn't trivial when you pay for your room to be cleaned and it isn't, then be called basically a liar. We stay several weeks a year at Marriotts and have never had this happen.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Now that you two have confirmed that this is the same property, how about a little naming and shaming for the benefit of the rest of us so that we can avoid staying there?
Old Aug 11, 2013, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

SHS Baltimore inner harbor. I chose it since it got really good reviews on tripadvisor.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
No servicing is one thing, but basically being called a liar is something I will not accept.

Thanks for naming the property.

Cheers.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
No servicing is one thing, but basically being called a liar is something I will not accept.
No Kidding. What could possibly have been wrong with "I'm really sorry that happened, sir. I'll make sure it gets cleaned first thing tomorrow."
Old Aug 11, 2013, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orca15
No Kidding. What could possibly have been wrong with "I'm really sorry that happened, sir. I'll make sure it gets cleaned first thing tomorrow."
Thank you - my point exactly. She was literally arguing with me this morning! She said that "when I called to request my 1pm checkout yesterday" I had said I didn't want any service that day. I never called yesterday to request the late checkout, and never said I didn't want service (one thing I was looking forward to - coming back to a room with our trash taken out, beds made, dirty towels removed as we used them all, floor vacuumed since we had eaten there, etc...). She insisted that I had made such a call (when I wasn't even at the hotel during the day) - and obviously they had a wrong room number!

I was afraid to pick up my car from valet, but no dents!

I thank you all for letting me share this with you. I usually love Marriott properties, and have a great loyalty for the brand. And when staying at MVC properties on II getaways, I have been known to refuse housekeeping many times. I would never do that at a hotel!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.