Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Housekeeping didn't service room

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2013, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
I've never had housekeeping miss my room at Marriott when I didn't have a 'DND' sign on the door...up until my current business trip. (And this is with over 520 nights at Marriott properties).

I'm staying at the JW Marriott Seoul. My room was upgraded upon check-in and it's the top floor. It's basically it's own little wing/living quarters that's connected off the Presidential Suite. Generally, there are very few hotels I let housekeeping come into my room on a regular basis. But after 3-4 days, I like new towels and the bedding to be replaced. When I first took the sign off, housekeeping didn't come by my room. I let it slide and figured they'd grab it the next day. Nope, I was wrong. I called the front desk, they apologized, offered immediate service, but I declined and asked for it to be serviced in the morning. The next morning went by...no service again! I called the front desk and they apologized, gave me a $30 food credit and delivered a 'Please Service Room' sign to display on the door. Their reasoning/excuse was, my room is connected to the Presidential Suite and generally only gets serviced when someone is staying in it. Since it's been vacant, housekeeping has overlooked it.

As I'm on my 16th night of the stay, they haven't missed it once and call me just about nightly verifying if I need any type of service.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: Avis First, Hertz Gold, Marriott Platinum, US Airways Platinum, AA Platinum, UA Silver, Hilton Diamo
Originally Posted by Ducati
I usually decline housekeeping. Why would you want a stranger in your "home" while you are away?
+1

I only request it if something is spilled on the bed, etc.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by xtremeski2001
+1

I only request it if something is spilled on the bed, etc.
My mind is working overtime wondering what gets spilled on your bed.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: Avis First, Hertz Gold, Marriott Platinum, US Airways Platinum, AA Platinum, UA Silver, Hilton Diamo
Originally Posted by CJKatl
I like to eat in bed ... including sushi ... once the soy sauce spilled on the bed sheets
Old Sep 1, 2013, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
It's my belief that people do lots of things they can't/won't do at home in a hotel room. For me, that's eating in bed! A large pizza and 2-liter of soda with all the pillows propping me up is pure luxury. And given the universal law: The probability of a dropped slice of toast landing butter side up is inversely proportional to the cost of the flooring, also applies to pizza in bed.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by RogerD408
It's my belief that people do lots of things they can't/won't do at home in a hotel room. For me, that's eating in bed! A large pizza and 2-liter of soda with all the pillows propping me up is pure luxury. And given the universal law: The probability of a dropped slice of toast landing butter side up is inversely proportional to the cost of the flooring, also applies to pizza in bed.

Cheers.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Maybe it's that we now know that behind every Ren door is Cee lo Green dropping rose petals or eighties hipsters dropping graffiti, but I'm actually a little relieved. Given the visions in my head, pizza and soy sauce dripping on the bed is quite a relief.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Maybe it's that we now know that behind every Ren door is Cee lo Green dropping rose petals or eighties hipsters dropping graffiti, but I'm actually a little relieved. Given the visions in my head, pizza and soy sauce dripping on the bed is quite a relief.

Cheers.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, DL Silver
Oh - please.

I had left our dirty towels on the floor (assuming they'd be replaced).

When we stay at Marriott Vacation Club properties (we do very often and own at them), I decline service. I keep the place very clean. But in a small room, where we're paying over $300 a night (yes, at a Springhill Suites) including parking, I would like someone to replace my towels and make my bed, take out the trash (we had restaurant delivery, and some minor crumbs, but no I would never eat in bed, there is a small sofa area).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.