Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2013 Marriott Rewards Hotel Category Changes List

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
You now have lost the Bethesda Suites as that has moved up to a Cat 5, now, as well.
Sheesh! I missed that. I just realized that the Philadelphia FS Marriott and the Philadelphia CY are the same Category at 6. I do like the CY better than the FS but still...........

Bobette
Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott...tel-categories

This link has a few more details. Changes happen in May. That's a little later than usual-IIRC.

The PDF is searchable by prop. name or keywords.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:27 pm

When are the Freddie's? This could cost Marriott with negative votes.

Is there a list of hotels that stayed the same?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:28 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
I'm about to embark on my MegaBonus, but now this... have to think twice... my frequent CY was a cat4, but now 5, which makes the cert useless.. sigh
Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
un-spoken list...........if not on the change list then it's the same, unless MRs posts a supplemental list of additional changes.....

Originally Posted by pwrshift
Is there a list of hotels that stayed the same?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker

The PDF is searchable by prop. name or keywords.
Great catch, MrVker.

The Residence Inn Bethesda is now going to a Cat 5. This is terrible.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:45 pm
Suspended

Still Good Value --

Both at Category 6 -- Unchanged

Marriott Berlin

Renaissance Baltic St. Petersburg

Now going to check out the HHonors Double points promotion!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:07 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sammyindc
[I]All redemption reservations booked on or before May 15th for stays after May 16th will be honored at the point price booked. If you have not ordered your certificate prior to May 15th, call Guest Services to request the lower priced certificate before your stay.[I]
Thanks. I looked but couldn't find this info.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:28 pm
Suspended

I also looked and did not see, nor find, this info published, and as I recall, for the past few years the catagory changes have gone into effect on March
16th, or there abouts, so if MRs is giving us an additional 2-months it would certainly be worth confirming.......

Originally Posted by sammyindc
[I]All redemption reservations booked on or before May 15th for stays after May 16th will be honored at the point price booked. If you have not ordered your certificate prior to May 15th, call Guest Services to request the lower priced certificate before your stay.[I]
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
As somebody who does a lot of domestic leisure nights across chains in what would be Marriott's Cat 3-Cat 4 range, I have to admit that even with these deductions, Marriott still has better redemption values that Hilton.

For me, the 4->5 has a couple of painful ones on there - the Bethesda Suites and the CY Crystal City are good Thursday night options for me, as we have an office in Bethesda and I like to fly in on Thursday, work there on Friday, and then head away from DC for the weekend.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:38 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
I am going to miss Marriott hotels and my Marriott Visa card. I am going to need a new hobby.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat

With recent devaluations at PrIority Club (particularly top IC properties ) and SPG (major increase in P+C cost) there are no obvious alternatives to MR. But nonetheless, Those Cat 5 certs were never too useful, maybe time to trade in my Chase MR card for a Chase Hyatt card. Maybe time to switch gears and drive towards Hyatt Diamond status, where at least I am guaranteed a few suite upgrades.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most

Yeah. It is ugly.

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Diamond status, where at least I am guaranteed a few suite upgrades.
Hyatt's "confirmed" Suite upgrades are space available of course, but can be requested and confirmed in advance.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 1:28 am

All of sudden, megabonus turned from the best Q1 promo to worst.
Why bother to have cat 1-4 cert anymore ? There is literally no cat 1-4 hotels left.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 1:50 am
Suspended

best Q1 promo - care to back up that position (as I for one wouldn't agree).........

no Cat 1-4s left - well, there are a few left, but likely not where you/others want to stay, but they haen't all disappeared......

Originally Posted by wanymayold
All of sudden, megabonus turned from the best Q1 promo to worst.
Why bother to have cat 1-4 cert anymore ? There is literally no cat 1-4 hotels left.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.