FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Marriott Travel Packages (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1403715-marriott-travel-packages.html)

hhoope01 Oct 8, 2014 9:07 am

No different than any other hotel award when upgrades are required. Basically, you will have the 7 night standard award from the TP and then you will need to order the appropriate # of upgrade awards. A Marriott CR can help you get that all set up.

pinniped Oct 8, 2014 12:47 pm

If US has a well-defined Million Miler program of their own, then that probably decreases the odds that random RDM's in the US account end up counting towards LT status on AA. If a US BIS counter exists, then AA would presumably use it and nothing else.

heyeaglefn Oct 8, 2014 1:18 pm

I would say even if they aren't tracking BIS miles, couldn't they just use PQM?

carsnoceans Oct 17, 2014 10:37 am

Can the miles required to upgrade TP cert be from another account? For instance - collect the miles & cat 5 cert from my account but one of the family members uses their points to upgrade to cat 6/7/8.

hhoope01 Oct 17, 2014 11:01 am

If you don't have the points required in your account, you might be able to pull the points into your account from someone else. Marriott allows points to be pulled (in 1K increments) from another account when needed to order an award. The process requires calling MR, them sending you a form to fill out, sign, have the other person fill out the form for their account, sign it, and fax it back to MR.

I don't see why that process wouldn't work for upgrading a cert, but it wouldn't hurt to call MR and ask, just to be sure.

GoPhils Oct 17, 2014 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by BigLar (Post 14189668)
#1 - Yes, the hotel portion of a TP can be upgraded (recently confirmed in another thread). If you don't need the stay right away, the strategy of getting the cheapest cert for maximum miles, and then upgrading the cert to what you'll actually use, is a time-honored technique here on FT.

Does it cost any more than the difference between the TP costs?

hhoope01 Oct 18, 2014 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by GoPhils (Post 23693139)
Does it cost any more than the difference between the TP costs?

No.

Bttc Oct 22, 2014 12:52 pm

Just requested the transfer, and I can already see the 7-night certificate.

I'll stop by again when the 144K posts.

Bttc Oct 28, 2014 12:03 pm

Miles posted today.

melroseman Nov 3, 2014 1:35 pm

Five night travel packages

For owners of MVCI weeks or destination points there was always an option of a 5 night travel package, along the same lines as the Marriott Rewards 7 night travel packages but for somewhat fewer points. It was always well hidden on the vacationclub website, but now it appears to be gone. Any idea of this is being phased out, or are my old eyes missing something??

jtp1947 Nov 3, 2014 2:31 pm

I believe you have to call to book the 5 day packages.

Mr. Vker Nov 3, 2014 2:36 pm

I have ordered them within the last 8 weeks. No uproar on TUG or Marriott Insiders that they are gone. I would certainly expect that if they vanished.

rcgrogan Nov 6, 2014 2:07 pm

Being a MCVI owner I just got a 5 nighter at cat 8 with 120K MR points...did it on 10/30 with AA and just got the 20% bonus! You have to call CS to get the 5 night deal.

YoungBubbie Nov 6, 2014 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by rcgrogan (Post 23802849)
Being a MCVI owner I just got a 5 nighter at cat 8 with 120K MR points...did it on 10/30 with AA and just got the 20% bonus! You have to call CS to get the 5 night deal.

Which hotel? Trying to get ideas for my trip.

SueDonJ Nov 7, 2014 12:32 am

It's true that you have to call Owner Services to set up the 5-Night Travel Packages but the info is available at my-vacationclub.com. Sign in and click on the "Program Changes" link in the column on the right under "Marriott Rewards." (This link may take you directly to it on sign-in.)