FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Marriott Travel Packages (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1403715-marriott-travel-packages.html)

alc Jul 20, 2017 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by maal99 (Post 28585457)
I'm looking to redeem for a 5/7N cert to use next year. Unfortunately, I probably won't make Gold again. Has anyone had success in using the cert to make a reservation in someone else's name who has elite status so that his/her status attaches for upgrades/club/breakfast, etc?

Thanks

My experience had been that if you are Gold/Plat, then you get your elite benefits as the hotel guest. Or if the cert owner is Gold/Plat, then the hotel will provide elite benefits based on the cert owner status

So, in your situation, the cert owner is yourself. So, you might need that elite status friend to contact the hotel for you in advance and ask put note in their system, thinking he/she will show up.

Good Luck

maal99 Jul 21, 2017 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by alc (Post 28585779)
My experience had been that if you are Gold/Plat, then you get your elite benefits as the hotel guest. Or if the cert owner is Gold/Plat, then the hotel will provide elite benefits based on the cert owner status

So, in your situation, the cert owner is yourself. So, you might need that elite status friend to contact the hotel for you in advance and ask put note in their system, thinking he/she will show up.

Good Luck

OK. He actually would be going so it sounds like it should be ok. We usually book under his name since he has the higher status but I have the Marriott points. I wasn't sure if they'd recognize his status (SPG match) even though the reservation is in my name. Thanks.

spartan301 Aug 4, 2017 8:02 am

Has anyone had luck getting a 5-night Travel Package recently, or is that totally dead? I've tried customer service in 4 different regions and get the same answer from all of them: you have to be a Vacation Club owner. :(

nli007 Aug 4, 2017 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by spartan301 (Post 28647423)
Has anyone had luck getting a 5-night Travel Package recently, or is that totally dead? I've tried customer service in 4 different regions and get the same answer from all of them: you have to be a Vacation Club owner. :(

I HUCAd 10-12 times last month, tried my best but no dice.

Delta3MM Aug 4, 2017 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by nli007 (Post 28649808)
I HUCAd 10-12 times last month, tried my best but no dice.

The 5 night travel package has always been for MVCI owners. You may have gotten it in the past without being an owner, but it seems like then enforce it now.

Billy

boliver7 Aug 11, 2017 5:29 pm

Has anyone taken advantage of the current 35% bonus to Aeroplan? If so, did the bonus miles show up shortly after the transfer? Or does it take the full 4-6 weeks listed in the terms?

alc Aug 12, 2017 2:51 am

Originally Posted by boliver7 (Post 28678789)
Has anyone taken advantage of the current 35% bonus to Aeroplan? If so, did the bonus miles show up shortly after the transfer? Or does it take the full 4-6 weeks listed in the terms?

See my posts at the following thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...-aug-21-a.html

Enigma368 Aug 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Do you have to call to book the 7 night hotel stay with the certificate? i definitely have the cert on my account but when I search for a hotel "using points" and find a hotel in the right category with award availability for all 7 nights, I do not get any option to attach the certificate on the final booking page. What am I doing wrong?

t1c Aug 12, 2017 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma368 (Post 28682271)
Do you have to call to book the 7 night hotel stay with the certificate? i definitely have the cert on my account but when I search for a hotel "using points" and find a hotel in the right category with award availability for all 7 nights, I do not get any option to attach the certificate on the final booking page. What am I doing wrong?

Yes call and they will take care of everything for you...

Enigma368 Aug 13, 2017 12:31 am

Originally Posted by t1c (Post 28682331)
Yes call and they will take care of everything for you...

Thanks. For some reason I thought these were bookable online. My mistake.

t1c Aug 13, 2017 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Enigma368 (Post 28683108)
Thanks. For some reason I thought these were bookable online. My mistake.

No problem glad to help.

azepine00 Aug 16, 2017 10:22 am

If i have an award stay already booked and hotel goes up in category, will i still be able to attach package cert?
i d like to wait until next conversion bonus with ua as long as it doent introduce any risk..

t1c Aug 16, 2017 11:04 am

Originally Posted by azepine00 (Post 28697838)
If i have an award stay already booked and hotel goes up in category, will i still be able to attach package cert?
i d like to wait until next conversion bonus with ua as long as it doent introduce any risk..

Marriott will honor the originally booked category...

amexha Aug 21, 2017 3:54 am

Is there any way to change a 7 night cert to points?

funkbandit Aug 21, 2017 6:10 am

Originally Posted by amexha (Post 28715981)
Is there any way to change a 7 night cert to points?

You may get the "hotel" portion back if it was a "hotel + air" package. But this isn't standard procedure and the "hotel" portion is very low compared to the price of the original "hotel + air" package.

It may even be better to use the certificate for just one ore two nights.