Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
LINK TO CHART

Legacy to New Travel Package Conversion (effective August 2019)
A Marriott supervisor can currently convert your legacy travel package into the new category mapping. If you hold a Category 6, 8, or Tier 1-3 legacy certificate, it's ideal to downgrade your certificate before converting so that points don't potentially get lost in the process.

The codes for the new partial packages are:
New Cat 1-4: QP83
New Cat 5: QP91
New Cat 6: QP99
New Cat 7:

Originally Posted by Marriott Rewards Insider
Members who purchased a Category 6, Category 8 or Tier 1-3 certificate prior to 8/18 are able to request a one-time exchange for a Travel Package one category lower. This process will cancel your current Travel Package, reissue a Travel Package one category lower and result in a refund of 30,000 points to your account. To submit a request, follow these steps:
  • Select “Packages - Deals” from the “Topic” drop down menu
  • Submit your request
As a reminder, status.marriott.com will periodically have additional updates.
Source: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...es-update.html

The legacy certificates map to the new certificates as such:
Cat 1-5 => Cat 1-4
Cat 6 => Cat 1-4
Cat 7 => Cat 5
Cat 8 => Cat 5
Cat 9 => Cat 6
Tier 1-3 => Cat 6
Tier 4-5 => Cat 7
==================================================

If you are unsure where you will use your 7 night stay, when you request the package, just ask for a category 1-5 hotel. That way you are out of the least number of points. If later, you decide to book for a higher level category, then you can do so and pay the difference the travel package points. If you can't use your certificate within the year, then as close to the one year anniversary (without going over!) call to extend the certificate for one more year. That's as long as they will typically allow, one extension. There is an option to expedite the mileage delivery to within three business days (sometimes faster) for $15. There are reports that this fee may be waived for platinum members.

Effective April 1 2017 re: Southwest & the companion pass:

"Purchased points, points converted from hotel and car loyalty programs, and e-Rewards, e-Miles, Valued Opinions and Diners Club, points earned from Rapid Rewards program enrollment, tier bonuses, flight bonuses, and partner bonuses (excluding points bonuses earned on the Rapid Rewards Credit Cards from Chase) do not count toward Companion Pass."
Can I book SPG properties with my Marriott Travel Package? As of 9/1/2018 apparently not. see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30155836-post6529.html
Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:39 am
Original Member

If your middle name is on your Southwest account, do you need it added to your Marriott account, in order to match for transfer?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by sggolf
If your middle name is on your Southwest account, do you need it added to your Marriott account, in order to match for transfer?
My SWA RR account has my middle name on it. My Marriott Rewards account has no middle name on it. My points posted without issue in my SWA RR account when I redeemed a MR Travel Package last week. ^
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: qantas
Booking a 7 night certificate in family member name

Hi all

I've purchased three 7 night travel packages in the past 6 months, and am going to struggle to use up the 3 x 7 night certs, even with extension requests.

I'd like to use one for my parents to stay in NYC, if possible. Can anyone confirm whether it's possible to book these in a family member's name?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:30 pm

Marriott TP ordered Monday. Points posted to Aeroplan 8 days later, somewhere between 10:00pm EST Monday and 12:30AM Tuesday.

Hope this datapoint helps someone. As suggested upthread, transfers to Aeroplan seem to happen the next Tuesday at 12:00AM EST. It seems from this datapoint that even ordering the TP on Monday morning at 9AM is after the weekly cut-off and hence a 8 day wait.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:13 am

5 night package datapoint

I spent yesterday trying to get the 5 night package. I called the UK, Australia and Mexican lines with no luck. I called the regular US line 10 times with no luck. I called the platinum line about 5 times (I don't have platinum Marriott status) and on around the 5th time time I was offered a choice between the 7 or 5 night package (I hadn't even asked yet). This was at around 5:15 PM ET on 3/27 . My southwest points have not posted yet.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:13 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Just in case any stragglers like me on the SW deal, I was told 3 biz days not including today so there by the 30th. I would say that tomorrow is the last day that you can safely take advantage of this to get it there by the 31st.
Ordered TP before lunch yesterday and points were in WN account this morning! I was also quoted 3 biz days.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ordered a package for Aeroplan today. Right off the bat hearing I wanted to redeem a travel package, the rep immediately asked "what is your Southwest airline's number?" Oh no, I dont want Southwest airline... I want Aeroplan.

Rep said 1 to 2 weeks. The bonus transfer ends on Apr 17. Though I believe when it posts it would be the date of the transfer. 25% bonus on 120K. ^

Rep also confirmed the upgrade / extension of cert options as we understand them.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by MelloChatt
I spent yesterday trying to get the 5 night package. I called the UK, Australia and Mexican lines with no luck. I called the regular US line 10 times with no luck. I called the platinum line about 5 times (I don't have platinum Marriott status) and on around the 5th time time I was offered a choice between the 7 or 5 night package (I hadn't even asked yet). This was at around 5:15 PM ET on 3/27 . My southwest points have not posted yet.
My points just posted around 18 hours after my order. The name on my southwest account includes a middle initial (my marriott account doesn't), and my southwest account has an entirely different address than my marriott account.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Any information on when would we able to use these travel certs on Cat 5 equivalent SPG properties?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: A3*G, Fairmont Pl, Accor Pl, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Happy
According to joeags' post, you may see your miles on Tuesday!

Please do post back your DP. Thanks.
Miles showed up on Tuesday! joeags was 100% correct!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Any information on when would we able to use these travel certs on Cat 5 equivalent SPG properties?
Whenever the programs are combined, and not a moment before There have been no announcements in that regard - trust me, it won't be hard to find threads in the MR and SPG forums if/when that news comes.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:02 pm

Travel package disappoints -- Can't get 7 nights at chosen hotel

I recently merged my Marriott and Starwood accounts and decided to take advantage of a promotion Marriott has. For a certain number of Marriott , or converted spg points, you can buy a week hotel stay at one of their hotels around the world as well as get miles transferred to an airline of your choice that is in the program. You have to use the whole week at once at one of their hotels and it is good for one year( maybe 2, if you ask nicely). You choose how many points to use , depending on the level hotel you are planning on going to. We chose their highest level we could see we would need in Rome, which we had planned on visiting in the summer.
When all is said and done, their hotel in Rome did not take our week, as promised , because all " those hotel rooms" were already taken. They have many other hotel rooms and suites available and for another 200 dollars a night they would give us 6 nights of their "other" regular rooms. They would not give us the 7th night at all! We have tried calling Marriott , but would like a recommendation as to how to proceed.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:36 pm

Not much you can do unfortunately.

If the hotel is giving you 6 days for free as you say, just book that and spend the 7th day on your own dime or leave Rome a day earlier.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joeags
Based on my 3 travel package purchases, my hypothesis is that the points show up Tuesday of the next week. That's regardless if it is Monday or Friday.
Originally Posted by Nazdoom
Marriott TP ordered Monday. Points posted to Aeroplan 8 days later, somewhere between 10:00pm EST Monday and 12:30AM Tuesday.

Hope this datapoint helps someone. As suggested upthread, transfers to Aeroplan seem to happen the next Tuesday at 12:00AM EST. It seems from this datapoint that even ordering the TP on Monday morning at 9AM is after the weekly cut-off and hence a 8 day wait.
Originally Posted by codesinvan
Miles showed up on Tuesday! joeags was 100% correct!
This is to consolidate the recent DPs on Aeroplan processing time.

Weekly process that is cut off on end of business day on Friday. Then Aeroplan takes in all incoming transfers of the week after close of business on Friday. Processing the transfers over the weekend then post the points at the close of business on Monday.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
There is a lengthy thread about the Marriott travel packages. It may contain some useful information.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-packages.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.