Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
How do I get the current [70K | 80K | other] offer?

Which offer is better, X with annual fee waived or Y with no fee waiver?

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

For answers to these and other frequently asked questions, see the wiki in the overlapping thread Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2011, 2:31 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by scuzzynutty
Anyone know of a working link for the 70k point marriott. The ones I tried all give me an error on the landing page. Is the deal dead already?
Did you try the one in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...mier-visa.html
Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:09 pm
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
May still be alive

Well, I have just check for you a couple of different sources I new for the link and they weren't working.

The landing page at the beginning of this page doesn't work but the application page link loads. If you want this card and are willing to take a shot I would just apply through that link. I will check and see if I still have copy of the landing page and I'd be happy to email it to you for back up if they give you trouble and want to only give you 50,000 points.

Let me know. I'll check my file folder right now.
Old May 30, 2012, 9:31 am

any hope for me to upgrade?

Applied for card in August, 2011 for 50,000 miles. Have now come to find out that not only is 70K being offered now but it was also shortly after I applied in August, 2011 as well. I contacted Chase via secure message about both of these points and attached the current 70K screenshot but received an e-mail saying that they would not be awarding me the extra miles. Is there another track to take? I completely understand that I'm not asking now within the 60 or 90 day window (only because I found out about it yesterday from this forum), but they did upgrade just shortly after I received the 50K.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Good thing I joined this forum to ask a different question and found this thread. Applied for the card a couple weeks ago, got it a couple days ago and when activated confirmed 70,000 bonus points after first purchase.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by GoPhils
Good thing I joined this forum to ask a different question and found this thread. Applied for the card a couple weeks ago, got it a couple days ago and when activated confirmed 70,000 bonus points after first purchase.
Yup, pretty easy and straightforward process, all in all. Great card if you stay at Marriott regularly.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
I just got approved for the 50k card where is the 70k offer? Didnt find one of those...
Old Jun 29, 2012, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
I just got approved for the 50k card where is the 70k offer? Didnt find one of those...
...did you try the other thread? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...mier-visa.html
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Whoops, thought I was replying to the original one!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:01 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I suppose its too late now?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:18 am

I suppose its too late now?
If it's within 90 days, Chase will often adjust to match a better public offer. Search for "bump the bonus". Probably only need to send a secure message and ask.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
I've had this card for a couple of years now.
One of the benefits of this card is a free night in Cat 5 hotel annually. However, as Marriott keeps upping the categories of their hotels but keeps this benefit the same, the card has now less value for me.
Two of the hotels that I was planning to use my free Cat 5 nights (Marriott Budapest and Renaissance Lucerne) both went from Cat 5 to cat 6 this year - thus no longer bookable with this award. I am seriously considering cancelling this card when the next annual fee is due.
Anyone else feels this pain of "diminishing returns"?
Old Jul 6, 2012, 2:55 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Paulchili
Anyone else feels this pain of "diminishing returns"?
I had my card since Marriott/Chase first offered it. But at renewal this year, I did cancel my card. I just don't need the 15 nights as I'm an LT PLat, the renewal fee went up and the Cat. 1-5 cert has been slowly losing its usability for the last few years.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: UA Million Miler; UA-1K; Hilton Lifetime Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; SPG Platinum
Got the 70K bonus after sending a message

I just got my card and initially applied for the 50K bonus but after reading the forum here, I sent Chase a secure message and asked for the bump to 70K. They responded and said they will adjust me to 70K. As for timing, I did just get the card and have had it for almost 2 weeks.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I have been receiving paper mailings at home with the 70,000 offer.

I finally bit and applied....

So the offer is still being promoted, but perhaps targeted?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
I got two offers for the 70K card. One about a month ago and another just yesterday. Really pushing it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.