Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
How do I get the current [70K | 80K | other] offer?

Which offer is better, X with annual fee waived or Y with no fee waiver?

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

For answers to these and other frequently asked questions, see the wiki in the overlapping thread Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: American - Platinum Pro, Marriott - Platinum
Thanks to everyone on this thread for sharng their experences. I too had applied for the50K offer about 1 months back, and asked for a bump to 70K last week, and got favorable response from the secure mail route.

Flyertalkers rock!
Old Sep 7, 2011, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by Head
They got back with me once again and moved a little! The offer was fir 10k points to upgrade my current to the premier... I'm pretty happy with that cause I was gonna do it anyway!

Now gonna try to get my wife to sign up for one too! She should get the 70k and I believe we can link it to my MR account? She is not into adding a card, but she sure does love multiple free vacations every year!
The Premier card is a separate card from the VISA Signature card. Why don't you apply for the Premier card (which should get you all the sign-up bonus), then when you have it, just allow the Signature card to expire?
Old Sep 7, 2011, 5:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage - Platinum
Thanks OP! Just got me another cat 4 night thru secure message.

To those naysayers, I think there is really no point in discouraging people to try. The worst thing that can happen is you get denied, no big deal. The upside on the other hand is nothing to sneeze at.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 5:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: All Airline & Hotel Programs (POINT JUNKIE!)
Thumbs down Frustrated w/CHASE

I've had a Marriott Card for a few years - will now be closing it down to 'streamline' the number of hotel, airline etc. CC

The Marriott Premier card 70M, 1st yr. fee waiver promo - is a great offer - however, rep says it is only good for FIRST TIME MARRIOTT CARD HOLDERS (no matter what card you have had in the past, including the business card)

Has anyone had any (good?) experience in 'churning' CHASE cards???

I am keeping active (CHASE) Priority Club VISA (I got 80M & status w/ 'Crack the Case' Promo & this card gets (1) free night each year, so worth the annual fee)

also keeping active (CHASE) UA VISA (no annual fee, $2=1 mi., is 'grandfathered in' & not available anymore).

Bye, bye to the rest of (CHASE) cards. Not worth it for me to pay CC annual fee without a positive annual benefit. (varous promos offered thru the 'regular' VISA got only Cat. 4 Hotels - hardly useable.)
Old Sep 7, 2011, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So basically there is no public link for the 70K offer but Chase is agreeing to give the 20K additional pts for those who got the 50K within 90 days?

Last edited by Happy; Sep 7, 2011 at 7:09 pm
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:03 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Platinum Premier, AA - CK
Originally Posted by Counsellor
Originally Posted by Head
They got back with me once again and moved a little! The offer was fir 10k points to upgrade my current to the premier... I'm pretty happy with that cause I was gonna do it anyway!

Now gonna try to get my wife to sign up for one too! She should get the 70k and I believe we can link it to my MR account? She is not into adding a card, but she sure does love multiple free vacations every year!
The Premier card is a separate card from the VISA Signature card. Why don't you apply for the Premier card (which should get you all the sign-up bonus), then when you have it, just allow the Signature card to expire?
I mentioned that in one of the secure messages, and was told that since I already had a Marriott visa I was not eligible for the signup bonus regardless.

I'm kinda happy with what I ended up with. I'm not a churner, just a guy that spends 70-100 nights on the road a year.... Was looking for a few more points, and got them.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 11:22 pm

I JUST GOT MY CHASE PREMIERE CARD WITH 70,000 POINTS AND GOT ALL THE BENEFITS BELOW; WILL REALLY HELP ON MY TRIP TO DC AND NEW YORK NEXT YEAR

• Points for every purchase1

• At Marriott® locations – Use your Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card to earn 5 points for every $1 spent at over 3,400 Marriott locations worldwide.

• Travel purchases – Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on eligible airline, dining and rental car purchases.

• On everyday spending – Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases with your card.

• Automatic Silver Elite Status

• Receive 15 nights credit toward Elite status every year, giving you Silver Elite status or better.2 Visit www.MarriottRewards.com for more details.

• Enjoy one additional night credit toward Elite status for every $3,000 you spend, helping you reach the next Elite level faster.3

• Anniversary Free Night Stay – Receive a Free Night Stay each year upon your account anniversary, valid at over 2,900 category 1-5 hotels worldwide.4

Chase and Marriott Rewards are committed to providing you with great rewards, excellent customer service and superior benefits. Thank you for choosing the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card from Chase, the card that gives you STAYING POWER
Old Sep 9, 2011, 7:43 am

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Biz CC

I'm aware of the 50k sign-up for the personal CC and have that link. But I can only find a 22.5k sign-up bonus with 2 free nights for the business card. Really looking for the 50k Biz. Does it exist and anyone know of the link? Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 9, 2011, 8:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
I just opened 11 separate offers that Chase-Marriott has sent to me over the past several months. Not one of them has the 70,000 sign-up bonus. I've got three for 30,000 and eight for 50,000.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:36 pm

Was just approved (via phone) for the 50k offer...will send a SM asking for the additional bonus once I get the card...I did ask if I could apply for the 70k bonus but the rep said the 50k was the only one she saw available.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cbr600f4i2
About every 2 weeks Marriott sends me that paperwork for a Visa card with 5 free nights. Even though I've asked them at least a half dozen times to stop sending me this invite, I now have a new one for 6 free nights. Not sure how many points that equates to but I've got a garbage can full of their stupid cc invites.
I know. I even opted out in the spring. When I came back from a 5 week overseas trip, I have 7 of these invitations in the mailbox from Marriott. 6 for 50,000 points and 1 for 70,000 points. I spend my in-between-trip time at home shredding these things (Only got 2 from WN, 2 from CO/UA and 1 from PriorityClub.)

I would sign up just to stop this junk mail from coming - of course, that would not stop it either
Old Sep 10, 2011, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by ReneeMoss

Has anyone had any (good?) experience in 'churning' CHASE cards???
Only bad experiences here. I received miles a few years ago for a United card and when I applied again I received another United credit card but no miles. Apparently, they are keeping track of applications. The fine print implies that if you've received a promotion for any of their credit cards then you won't get a bonus again. So I'm wondering if I received the United bonus that I won't get the Marriott bonus. I don't need another credit card if I don't get something for it.

Also, I complained to them about not getting the miles. I wouldn't have minded if they denied the credit card application because I received the promotion years before but what pissed me off was approving the credit card and then denying the miles. They responded with a list of my applications over the past 15 years and how many times I've received a mileage bonus. I canceled the new card the day I received the letter denying me the miles. I don't care if it cost my credit rating 10 points for 6 months.

Last edited by wine_lover; Sep 10, 2011 at 3:20 pm
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA, DL
One additional data point. Yesterday Mrs. Z and I received our cards (two separate accounts). Sent a secure message in and both of us received a reply that we will be credited 20k points.

Many thanks to the OP and flyer talk in general ^
Old Sep 21, 2011, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by joyful1
Was just approved (via phone) for the 50k offer...will send a SM asking for the additional bonus once I get the card...I did ask if I could apply for the 70k bonus but the rep said the 50k was the only one she saw available.
I had the same experience -- send a SM. Read previous messages to get a flavor of how to ask.

My extra 20,000 points appeared on my first billing statement under "Courtesy
Adjustments"
Old Sep 21, 2011, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Churning Marriott Visas

I had a Marriott Visa a couple of years ago, and then cancelled it before it charged the annual fee. I am also interested in hearing other people's feedback on the churning issue. A year or two after the original account had been closed, has anyone gotten the bonus points again?

Thanks.

Last edited by jeanie; Sep 21, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.