Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
How do I get the current [70K | 80K | other] offer?

Which offer is better, X with annual fee waived or Y with no fee waiver?

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

For answers to these and other frequently asked questions, see the wiki in the overlapping thread Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2011, 2:40 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
First of all, no other hotel program has 1:1 transfers.
Actually, with Marriott one can get an award that comes with a virtual 1:1 points to miles conversion. The Marriott Travel Package award comes with a 7 night* hotel award plus upto 120K miles in the airline of your choice. Basically, the hotel room is at the normal price with the airline miles at a 1:1 ratio from there.

The kicker with this award though, is it takes more than 200K Marriott points and you have to get a hotel award along with it. But overall, this is considered to be one of the best hotel awards in the industry.

*There is a 5 night version of the TP awards, but it is only orderable by MVCI week owners.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 8:12 pm

I think this is the current link

https://www.mychasecreditcards.com/4000041

View from the Wing posted this today. In case people are looking for a link. There is some success for people to get bump-bonus if you recently got the card (with 50k sign up), send a secure message to Chase.

Best,

PedroNY
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
https://www.mychasecreditcards.com/T...AT=0&CELL=6XJ4

This may be the best offer....$75 and 50,000 points
Old Oct 26, 2011, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by fredlisancnc
https://www.mychasecreditcards.com/T...AT=0&CELL=6XJ4

This may be the best offer....$75 and 50,000 points
If I'm reading this correctly, you're saying that 20,000 points are worth less than $75. I strongly disagree.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One of the features of this card is that it gives 15 nights annually toward elite status. One of the confusing things about that, though, is nailing down the exact timing of it.

I seem to have read somewhere that it can take about 6 to 8 weeks after you get the card and/or after your anniversary to get the 15 nights. Well, if that doesn't work exactly the same each year, and you get the card toward the end of the year, it sounds like you could get 30 nights in one year and 0 nights in another.

Unless someone can explain to me why that can't possibly happen, no matter when I apply, I'd rather apply after the turn of the year (I'm getting to Gold right now through a challange that's almost completed, so 15 extra stay nights this year will do me zero good, while I will absolutely need extra stay nights next year).

(But the thing is, if I understand correctly, this 70k offer is only good through the end of November.)
Old Oct 26, 2011, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Originally Posted by beltway
If I'm reading this correctly, you're saying that 20,000 points are worth less than $75. I strongly disagree.
stand corrected...
Old Oct 29, 2011, 5:00 pm
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
Just wanted to say "Thanks" for starting this thread. I have read about this offer here on FT and other bloggers I read. I wanted to leave some feedback to help others that I considering this offer.

I have applied for several Chase card this year and was thinking they may not let me have another but this deal was sweet enough for me to take the hit on my report.

Here is my stats:
United, 50,000 - Dec 2010
Continental, 50,00 -Feb 2011
British Airways, 100,000 - Apr 2011
Sapphire, 100,000 - Jun 2011
Marriott, 70,000 - Oct 2011

I did cancel the Continental card in September though so I only had 3 cards when I applied.

Credit Scores: 789, 792, 804

Hope this information helps someone else out there!!!
Good luck!!!
I say go for it if you can, it's a great offer. If you stay @ a category 2 - you'll have 7 nights free. A week vacation for your family for FREE!!!!
Old Oct 29, 2011, 9:58 pm

That is an awesome deal, but where are you planning to go that is only a category 2? I'm having a hard enough time finding a category 4 in a location I want to go!

Where are other people planning to use their free nights?
Old Oct 30, 2011, 1:16 am

Stretching your 70,000 points!!!

Hey birdseye,

There are a ton of great places you can go for only 10,000 points.
Check out there rewards chart herehttps://www.marriott.com/rewards/poi...ropertyList.mi
Not high end accomodations but decent and all over the world. Austria, Germany, Prague, Warsaw, China...etc. etc.

If you want to maximize these points you really can, easy. Category 2 is 10,000 and 7,500 with point saver.

If want to go a little more high end and some other destinations you can go up to Category 3 and still have almost 5 nights @ 15,000 point per night.

Originally Posted by birdseye
That is an awesome deal, but where are you planning to go that is only a category 2? I'm having a hard enough time finding a category 4 in a location I want to go!

Where are other people planning to use their free nights?
Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by slotownmomma
Hey birdseye,

There are a ton of great places you can go for only 10,000 points.
Check out there rewards chart herehttps://www.marriott.com/rewards/poi...ropertyList.mi
Not high end accomodations but decent and all over the world. Austria, Germany, Prague, Warsaw, China...etc. etc.

If you want to maximize these points you really can, easy. Category 2 is 10,000 and 7,500 with point saver.

If want to go a little more high end and some other destinations you can go up to Category 3 and still have almost 5 nights @ 15,000 point per night.
I can't get your link to work! First it asked me to sign in, which I did, then clicked on the link again, and it keeps saying "access denied."

Thank you for the help though, I'll keep looking.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 10:21 pm

Weird. I re-checked and that link should work. Well, just go to www.marriott.com and go to Marriott Rewards then click Use points
Scroll down and look for "hotel categories & tiers"
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:16 pm

There seems to be 2 offers for the Marriot Rewards Credit Card right now - one for 50,000 bonus points and another for 70,000 bonus points. Are they both valid current offers?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:23 am

Programs: UA-Gold AA-Gold, Marriott Lifetime Tit. Elite
Originally Posted by ericok
I received the Marriott signature Visa rewards card offer for 50,000 points after the first use. Less than two weeks later, I receive the exact same reward offer except for 70,000 points. Just letting you know that if you've received the earlier offer, a better one is out there.
wow...mine was 30k only about 15 months ago....feel i was ripped
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by dgoedken
wow...mine was 30k only about 15 months ago....feel i was ripped
I think it's probably been too long but it worth a phone call to try and bump your bonus. They may give you some Marriott points just because it was such a huge difference and your a loyal customer after 15 months.
Give them a call and tell them you are really disappointed and is there something they could offer you. Worth a try!
Old Nov 8, 2011, 2:09 pm

Anyone know of a working link for the 70k point marriott. The ones I tried all give me an error on the landing page. Is the deal dead already?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.