FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1121221-platinum-status-eight-days-800-no-stays-required.html)

edcho Oct 18, 2016 10:01 pm

Giving this a go to hit Platinum for kicks and grins.

Chose two random CYs both at the $75 rate (1 hour meeting).

CY #1 = Applied Online, Received a Contract (with MR# already added) via E-mail, Signed and Faxed, Didn't Show Up, CC Charged and E-mailed Receipt a 3 days after event.
CY #2 = Applied Online, Received a BEO via E-mail (MR# missing from BEO), Signed and Faxed, Didn't Show Up, CC Charged and E-mailed Receipt 1 day after event.

** both done back to back over a weekend.

Result CY #1 = None a/o Business Day 7, Inquired Points (and mentioned GPT) on Business Day 6 and they responded on Business Day 7 stating 14-21 days. Inquired Points on Business Day 14. On Business Day 17, was told that the points were posted to the wrong account and will be corrected. Points and nights posted on Business Day 17.
Result CY #2 = None a/o Business Day 7, Inquired Points (and mentioned GPT) on Business Day 6 and they apologized. Said it will post in 1-3 business days. Posted points and nights on Business Day 10.

** I didn't mention nights, just points.

I'll update this if / when it posts!

dafonz Oct 19, 2016 12:57 am

I've been dealing with 3 properties...

received invoice.. they cant figure out how to post nights.

Each of them had spoken to MR multiple times...(I called MR and MR called them)

... 3 weeks later and still no nights or points.

I don't get why they are having so many troubles.

Edit: Nights have posted. :)

rustykettel Oct 19, 2016 2:20 am

Originally Posted by edcho (Post 27364703)
Giving this a go to hit Platinum for kicks and grins.

Chose two random CYs both at the $75 rate (1 hour meeting).

CY #1 = Applied Online, Received a Contract (with MR# already added) via E-mail, Signed and Faxed, Didn't Show Up, CC Charged and E-mailed Receipt a 3 days after event.
CY #2 = Applied Online, Received a BEO via E-mail (MR# missing from BEO), Signed and Faxed, Didn't Show Up, CC Charged and E-mailed Receipt 1 day after event.

** both done back to back over a weekend.

Result CY #1 = None a/o Business Day 7, Inquired Points (and mentioned GPT) on Business Day 6 and no response.
Result CY #2 = None a/o Business Day 7, Inquired Points (and mentioned GPT) on Business Day 6 and they apologized. Said it will post in 1-3 business days.

** I didn't mention nights, just points.

I'll update this if / when it posts!

Good luck! I did a couple to get over the Plat hump and for rollover credit for next year. All took 2-4 weeks (or longer, still waiting for one). One said they don't enter the points until 10 days after the final billing/receipt (which itself is several days after the event, especially if it fell on a weekend). Another said it takes about 30 days after the event for the points to post (as if that wasn't completely under the property's control). :rolleyes:

sig05 Oct 19, 2016 6:48 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel (Post 27365190)
Good luck! I did a couple to get over the Plat hump and for rollover credit for next year. All took 2-4 weeks (or longer, still waiting for one). One said they don't enter the points until 10 days after the final billing/receipt (which itself is several days after the event, especially if it fell on a weekend). Another said it takes about 30 days after the event for the points to post (as if that wasn't completely under the property's control). :rolleyes:

Most of experiences with my meetings have been 2-3 weeks to post, except for one property that gets it done within a few days. Slightly out of my way, but no need to follow up for points/nights and only $50 so I always go there for my "meeting."

dgreen12 Oct 19, 2016 8:48 am

My local Courtyard is great for meetings.

They send me a copy of the folio and the nights post the next day.

mikeef Oct 19, 2016 9:02 am

Originally Posted by sig05 (Post 27365748)
Most of experiences with my meetings have been 2-3 weeks to post, except for one property that gets it done within a few days. Slightly out of my way, but no need to follow up for points/nights and only $50 so I always go there for my "meeting."

Wow, you actually went to the property? Impressive!

Mike

spgplat21 Oct 19, 2016 9:27 am

I'm exploring this in Dallas, but haven't had much luck. The first few properties I've tried have all come back with quotes of $200+ for a two person meeting.

YUL438 Oct 19, 2016 10:19 am

newbie here. about to try booking my first "meeting"

what is the general cancellation policy? want to have an out so i don't make an expensive mistake!

sig05 Oct 19, 2016 10:23 am

Originally Posted by mikeef (Post 27366287)
Wow, you actually went to the property? Impressive!

Mike

Yeah, about 20 minutes from my place. Go for 30 minutes and leave. Tried a no-show, but they refunded my money instead of providing points and nights. Didn't want to burn a cheap meeting spot. The CY down the street charges $150 per meeting, which is absurd.

mikeef Oct 19, 2016 10:25 am

Originally Posted by sig05 (Post 27366698)
Yeah, about 20 minutes from my place. Go for 30 minutes and leave. Tried a no-show, but they refunded my money instead of providing points and nights. Didn't want to burn a cheap meeting spot. The CY down the street charges $150 per meeting, which is absurd.

Thanks. I'm going to try for the no-show and see what happens.

Mike

edcho Oct 19, 2016 10:31 am

Originally Posted by YUL438 (Post 27366670)
newbie here. about to try booking my first "meeting"

what is the general cancellation policy? want to have an out so i don't make an expensive mistake!

It's in the contract you sign (varies per property and contract I think). Mine was basically non-refundable after I signed it.

CANCELLATION:
In the event of cancellation of your entire event occurring [0 to 30] days prior to arrival, liquidated damages in the amount of [ninety] percent of the “Agreed Minimum Food and Beverage Revenue Figures”, and meeting room rental will be due, plus applicable services taxes and service charges.
In the event of cancellation of your entire event occurring [31 to 90] days prior to arrival, liquidated damages in the amount of [ninety] percent of the “Agreed Minimum Food and Beverage Revenue Figures”, and meeting room rental will be due, plus applicable services taxes and service charge

Reid Oct 19, 2016 10:33 am

Originally Posted by sig05 (Post 27365748)

$50 for a meeting, good deal. Care to share the name of the property.

YUL438 Oct 19, 2016 10:40 am

Originally Posted by edcho (Post 27366737)
It's in the contract you sign (varies per property and contract I think). Mine was basically non-refundable after I signed it.

ok great thank you!

i was just wondering if completing the online form was the official booking that was not cancellable, but it seems you are saying that once you signed the physical contract, that's when it became non cancellable?

edcho Oct 19, 2016 10:52 am

Originally Posted by YUL438 (Post 27366796)
ok great thank you!

i was just wondering if completing the online form was the official booking that was not cancellable, but it seems you are saying that once you signed the physical contract, that's when it became non cancellable?

Correct. The online form is just a quote request to the property IME. Wish it was a bit more seamless in transferring MR #s and payment information but I guess it depends on the Sales & Catering software they use.

blueeagle3 Oct 30, 2016 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA (Post 27303621)
The lowest I'm finding for a meeting is $75. Anyone finding anything cheaper? MSG me and we can exchange notes. Thanks!

Where did you find this cheap one?

I'd have to have all stays with this...as I'm trying to get from "zero to hero" :D