Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2020, 9:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
You can return now. Jump through a bunch of hoops and a 14-day quarantine on arrival, but you can go.
Very unlikely for us Australians though as we need prior approval to leave our island state. I need to go purchase a passport from a caribbean island (or maybe donate $xx,xxx to the Liberal Party of Australia) so that I can get permission to get out.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 11:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
You can return now. Jump through a bunch of hoops and a 14-day quarantine on arrival, but you can go.
Formally not allowed for non-Thai nationals unless you have a special exemption. US Embassy: US Citizen Services. I'm guessing there are loopholes for resourceful farang, but in any event, the quarantine would be a deal killer for me.

We're assuming it's at least Q3 21 before return becomes feasible.
dsquared37 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 1:24 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Formally not allowed for non-Thai nationals unless you have a special exemption. US Embassy: US Citizen Services. I'm guessing there are loopholes for resourceful farang, but in any event, the quarantine would be a deal killer for me.

"the quarantine would be a deal killer for me."

Me too.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 7:26 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Kacee

The US Embassy is very much out of date. Quarantine is indeed required, but the Thais are issuing 60 day and now extended 90 day tourist visas to anyone who wants to go. Bearing in mind the Thais are likely to only start vaccination mid-year, I expect the quarantine to go until around the end of 2021 at the least (with likely exceptions for China and other neighbouring low risk countries).

Meanwhile, I've got 2 weeks booked at the SGS in late Jan.
LIH Prem, skywalkerLAX and CO-PLAT like this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 7:31 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
The US Embassy is very much out of date. Quarantine is indeed required, but the Thais are issuing 60 day and now extended 90 day tourist visas to anyone who wants to go.
Wow I was not aware of that. Thanks for the update.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
The LA Consulate is much more up to date:

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/07/23/faq...d-19-pandemic/

More succinct info at https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php:

Published 14.12.2020

1. Passengers and airline crew are not allowed to enter and transit until 31December 2020.
- This does not apply to:
- Nationals and residents of Thailand;
- passengers who are spouses, parents or children of a national of Thailand;
- airline crew with a return scheduled flight;
- passengers with a visa issued by Thailand;
- nationals of Australia, China (People's Rep.), Japan, Korea(Rep.), Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore and Viet Nam with an APEC Business Travel Card arriving from the country that issued the APEC Business Travel Card;
- passengers with a Chinese Taipei (on the cover: Republic of China Taiwan) passport with an APEC Business Travel Card arriving from the country that issued the APEC Business Travel Card;
- residents of Hong Kong (SAR China) with an APEC Business Travel Card arriving from Hong Kong (SAR China);
- students.

2. The following visa exemptions apply:
a} Nationals of Andorra. Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium. Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Czechia, Denmark. Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece. Hungary, Iceland. Indonesia, Ireland. Israel. Italy, Japan. Korea (Rep.}, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein. Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines. Poland, Portugal. Qatar, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, South Africa, Sweden. Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, USA. Vietnam with a normal passport traveling as tourists for a maximum stay of 30 days.
b} Passengers with a Hong Kong (SAR China} passport for a maximum stay of 30 days.
c} Passengers with a Macao (SAR China} passport for a maximum stay of 30 days.
d} Passengers with a British passport with nationality "British Citizen” for a maximum stay of 30 days.
e} Nationals of Lao People's Dem. Rep., Mongolia, Russian Fed. and Viet Nam for a maximum stay of 30 days.
f} Nationals of Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Peru with a normal passport for a maximum stay of 90 days.
g} Nationals of Bangladesh. Brunei Darussalam. Cambodia, China (People's Rep.}, Ecuador,
Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Lao People’s Dem. Rep., Malaysia, Mongolia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Oman, Pakistan, Singapore and Viet Nam with a diplomatic passport for a maximum stay of 30 days.
h} Nationals of Albania, Argentina, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bhutan, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czechia, El Salvador, Estonia, France, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea (Rep.), Kosovo (Rep.), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Nepal, Netherlands, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russian Fed., Serbia, Seychelles, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine and Uruguay with a diplomatic passport for a maximum stay of 90 days.
I} Nationals of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Ecuador, Lao People's Dem. Rep., Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Singapore and Viet Nam with an official passport for a maximum stay of 30 days.
j} Nationals of Argentina, Belarus, Bhutan, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, El Salvador, Germany, India, Japan, Korea (Rep.), Kosovo (Rep.), Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Nepal, Panama, Philippines, Serbia, Seychelles, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, and Uruguay with an official passport for a maximum stay of 90 days.
3. Passengers must have a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) RT-PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. The certificate must be in English.
- This does not apply to nationals of Thailand.
4. Passengers must have an insurance to cover medical expenses in Thailand.
- This does not apply to nationals of Thailand.
5. Passengers must have:
- a Certificate of Entry issued by Royal Thai Embassy, and
- a Fit to Fly health certificate issued at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. The certificate must be in English.
6. Suspension of visa on arrival facilities.
7. Passengers are subject to medical screening and quarantine.
8. Airline crew are subject to self-isolation until their next flight.
9. Airline crew staying overnight must have a guarantee letter from the airline or a health insurance certificate with a coverage cost of at least US$100,000.-.

The Sheraton is not listed as an approved quarantine location, although the Westin across the street is.

Last edited by Always Flyin; Dec 14, 2020 at 6:52 pm Reason: Added entry info
Old Jan 8, 2021, 1:15 am

Programs: JGC premier
Hi all, any idea what kind of benefits/ upgrade a lowly gold can expect at this property? Need to be in BKK some time next week for a few days and am contemplating Sheraton or Conrad where my husband will enjoy Diamond status benefits. But personally the location for Sheraton is much better for us. WGS is out of question simply as it’s an ASQ hotel and we’d like to avoid any risk from shared ventilation system. Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by bakaneko85
Hi all, any idea what kind of benefits/ upgrade a lowly gold can expect at this property? Need to be in BKK some time next week for a few days and am contemplating Sheraton or Conrad where my husband will enjoy Diamond status benefits. But personally the location for Sheraton is much better for us. WGS is out of question simply as it’s an ASQ hotel and we’d like to avoid any risk from shared ventilation system. Thanks in advance.
Isn't Conrad BKK also an ASQ hotel (at least according to few websites)?

Luxury hotels in Bangkok that offer two-week quarantine packages (timeout.com)
Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) Hotels in Thailand | THAIest
Old Jan 8, 2021, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by mileageking
Oh no, didn’t know that. Thanks for reminding me. I wonder if the residence uses similar ventilation system, although that limits diamond benefit.. Anyway, back to topic.. any info on gold benefit for SGS?
Old Jan 8, 2021, 2:40 am

Oh no, didn’t know that. Thanks for reminding me. I wonder if the residence uses similar ventilation system, although that limits diamond benefit.. Anyway, back to topic.. any info on gold benefit for SGS?
Never stayed at SGS so not the best person to advise but am sure others will give feedback.

Before your stay next week I'm assuming you guys will have completed the 14-day quarantine in Thailand?
Old Jan 8, 2021, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by mileageking
Never stayed at SGS so not the best person to advise but am sure others will give feedback.

Before your stay next week I'm assuming you guys will have completed the 14-day quarantine in Thailand?
We luckily completed the ASQ about a month ago, before the new cases spike and additional lockdowns, so at least we got to enjoy BKK and Krabi/ Phuket. Staying at Hilton Huahin now till we likely leave for BKK some time next week.
mileageking likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:02 am

any info on gold benefit for SGS?
I think it's just a guess whether they would extend anything beyond the published benefits right now. This property historically has treated Plat and higher very very well, but as you know Gold benefits are quite limited. You might reach out to them in advance and ask.
bakaneko85 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
check out this and see if gold member can request a status match - https://status-match.marriott.com/en-us
Old Jan 8, 2021, 4:14 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
The quarantine is actually 15 days - we did it at Le Meridien December 15 - 30, and time flew so fast that it was actually a pleasant stay. Spent first 7 days relaxing, getting over the jetlag, and meditating. After 2nd negative Covid test results (day 7), we were allowed outside for one hour a day by appointment by either the pool or the gym. You are not allowed to swim but you can lounge and enjoy the outside (polluted) air! Gym is limited to 4 persons at a time due to social distancing requirements during quarantine, so we had the place to ourselves every other day for an hour. We alternated between the pool and the gym. It was really not so bad and the full board food was actually great. Staff was in Hazmat suits but very attentive and on top of things.

Passed by the SGS the other day and it did look sad ...

EuropeanPete likes this.

Last edited by Kalboz; Jan 8, 2021 at 6:02 pm
Old Jan 8, 2021, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by NoviceFT
check out this and see if gold member can request a status match - https://status-match.marriott.com/en-us
thanks but looking at t&c it’ll take min 10 business days which will be too late for our stay, and existing Bonvoy gold status members are not allowed to enroll for the Plat challenge/ status match.

So I guess the don’t expect too much then and book the room/ service we want..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.