Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Deer Valley - Park City, UT [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Deer Valley - Park City, UT [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2012, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
You can charge anything to the room but you won't get any Starpoints. Those charges are not eligible charges.
True, but in my experience I still get the Amex bonus point for my entire folio, so it's 2 points per $ instead of the 1 point I'd get for buying direct.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question One Year Cancellation Policy

This is shocking. Trying to book next Feb before category change. www.spg.com shows too late to cancel already. That's one full year cancellation policy. Is that a glitch? It shows 45 day cancellation policy for paid rates.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by TerryK
This is shocking. Trying to book next Feb before category change. www.spg.com shows too late to cancel already. That's one full year cancellation policy. Is that a glitch? It shows 45 day cancellation policy for paid rates.
I called to check and they said it was right. I was also trying to book some stays for next year before the category increase, but the entire month of March is unavailable and most of the available weeks in January and February are non-cancellable.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spgplat21
I called to check and they said it was right. I was also trying to book some stays for next year before the category increase, but the entire month of March is unavailable and most of the available weeks in January and February are non-cancellable.
Thank you for your confirmation. Well, this sets a new standard in cancellation policy - one full year.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
I have been wanting to try out the STR DV since it opened and I am finally going to get to it in about 5 weeks. This looks like a stellar ski resort. Two years ago I stayed at the Beaver Creek Westin which was quite nice, and even has ranked higher than the SR in last years Conde Nast best ski resort hotel list which is interesting.

Speaking of cancellation policies there...
I booked a five night stay using points for all of my upcoming stay in Feb of 2014 so it is basically a free stay. I might have to pay a resort fee I guess but that should be it (do you pay that on all free night awards?). I noticed in my confirmation email a little notice that once I get beyond the cancellation period if I cancel after they would charge me $8495 Ouch. Sure hope my flight makes it there and there is no bad weather or I don't get hurt/sick right before, that would really add insult to injury. Shelling out $8500 and not even getting to stay would be hard to swallow. This does not seem to make much sense. I could see forfeiting my points but charging on top of that?
Old Dec 29, 2013, 9:05 pm
cxn

For all those who have a cancelation issue, please ring me. I would be happy to check in as your guest and use the stay as a local!
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: Hilton, United, Delta, Hyatt, YMCA
Week Stay

hi Guys

i am staying here for a week, any fellow FF here?

also i would appreciate any suggestions, last posts is almost year old and deals with our usual worries devaluation of free stuff

thank you
Old Sep 15, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3MM; DL Gd; SPG PL, Marriott Slv, Hilton Gd
Here's a review I posted in another site regarding my stay in Jan.

"Nearly Outstanding”

Family of four (couple, 11 year old and 7 year old) stayed at the St. Regis for five nights. Here’s a summary of our experience.

Positives
• Location – you can’t beat the gorgeous location, beautiful slope views, ski in/out amenity, Jans equipment rental on premise
• Ski valet – over-the-top service that includes help with putting on/taking off your boots, quick pick-up/delivery, and permanent smiles on the entire staff. Kudos to Vanessa and her team.
• St. Regis Traditions – champagne saboring, hot chocolate bar, and smores were fun events and a hit with the entire family
• Room Service – wide variety, beautiful presentation, and excellent service. The $5.00 delivery charge, 23% service charge, and fill-in-the blank gratuity are steep, but the entirety of the product is excellent.
• Concierge – came through as expected with necessary reservations, but also provided very good suggestions (Lofty Peaks for Snowmobiling and Tubing) and helpful tips (no corkage fee at the Seafood Buffet on the first bottle)
• Platinum Breakfast Amenity – a very welcomed and appreciated $40 breakfast credit

Negatives
There were very surprising pockets of chinty-ness which disappointed:
• (Cliché Alert) “Never look a gift horse in the mouth” BUT “If you’re going to do it, do it right.” Such is the case with the three aforementioned Traditions. On two separate occasions, the 2-hour hot chocolate bar ran out of hot chocolate and there was a 15-minute wait for the new batch. I never saw any employees visiting the smores area during this two-hour event, thus resulting in an absence of napkins and a generally unkempt area. During the champagne saboring, about 75% of the heater lamps were not turned on because the hotel had run out of propane.
• The breakfast oatmeal bar which provided a quick alternative to the restaurant was temporarily closed so “that the guests would dine at the restaurant” according to one employee. Yeah, I bet!
• Low-end toilet paper. Rough! No more need be said.
• Non-plush towels. Pretty standard towels, and a far cry from the decadent Ritz quality.
• “Not a problem.” Call me old school, but when I say thank you, I expect to hear, “you’re welcome” or “it’s my pleasure.” When staying at the St. Regis, I don’t believe that I’m ever creating a potential problem.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:17 am

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, DL
Does anyone have any experience using points to book some of the larger 'residences' at this property? Myself and a few of my friend would like to go and stay in a multi-room/suite/apartment and are wondering if this was available for points redemption. Or is there just a single redemption category?

Thanks
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dtwdoc
Does anyone have any experience using points to book some of the larger 'residences' at this property? Myself and a few of my friend would like to go and stay in a multi-room/suite/apartment and are wondering if this was available for points redemption. Or is there just a single redemption category?

Thanks
You typically have to call it in to book/view non-standard room availability, but often the marginal amount of points isn't that great relative to the room size upgrade
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by dtwdoc

Thanks
You can't book the residences at this property with points. The closest you could get is booking a suite for 60,000/night and adding a standard room at 30,000 and requesting that they be adjoining rooms to create a two-bedroom suite. It's a lot of points, but probably not that terrible of a value if it's during ski season. The suites here have full kitchens, etc.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Not a lot of recent posts, so figured this may be useful: a brieft review of the hotel from Lucky -- http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ley-park-city/
Old Dec 28, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Originally Posted by Rusdude
Not a lot of recent posts,
Thanks for the reminder- I see I neglected to put up a review of my stay that i mentioned was upcoming earlier in the thread. Give me a few days and I will.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:58 pm

Why did they change the name from St Regis Deer Crest to St Regis Park City? Deer Crest is a very expensive enclave and the houses are much more expensive than most Park City homes
Old Dec 28, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by Rusdude
Not a lot of recent posts, so figured this may be useful: a brieft review of the hotel from Lucky -- http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ley-park-city/
sponsored marketing drivel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.