Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 9:11 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
The new venue is located on the fourth floor of the London Marriott Hotel Park Lane

[...]

With a secret entrance tucked away at the far end of Oxford Street near Marble Arch, guests will be led up a staircase to the intimate roof terrace, decked out with AstroTurf flooring, bright retro furniture and rustic wooden benches. Communal cushioned seating areas are surrounded by herbs and flowers while light bulbs dangle from a marquee for when the English summer takes a predictable turn for the worse.
Cool concept, but a fourth floor walk-up?!?!
Old May 27, 2015, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by dayone
Cool concept, but a fourth floor walk-up?!?!
I had the same thought, but then I thought hey it's the UK. Not all biznesses have elevators & it sounds like they're going to promote it to locals.

Cheers.
Old May 30, 2015, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Twickenham Marriott 1 night stay 23rd May

Hi,

I arrived at the hotel about 1230 but I was delighted to be told that my room was ready. I was offered the choice of breakfast or more points ( I took the breakfast)

My room was 428 and faced away from the stadium so you had a view over the twickenham area ( the rooms on the other side of the corridor would face the wall of the stadium unless you got a room looking into the pitch)

The room was fine and well equipped with a fridge. wifi was good.

It is about a 10 minute walk to Twickenham Rail station ( and about a further 5-10minns walk to Twickenham town centre and the thames)

I spend the afternoon at Kew gardens before coming back to the room and watching Eurovision.
Guests can use the Virgin Active health club beside the hotel

Breakfast the next morning was on the 2nd floor restaurant and had a good selection of hot and cold items including a do it your self waffle maker.
For omelettes you chose what items you wanted and handed it to a staff member who returned with the cooked omelette a few minutes later.

A very good short stay.

Regards

TBS
Old May 30, 2015, 10:07 am

Thanks for the trip report & I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 5:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Any recent experiences at the Park Lane property? Have a stay this weekend and wondering my upgrade chances
Old Jun 5, 2015, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Westin.
Any recent experiences at the Park Lane property? Have a stay this weekend and wondering my upgrade chances
We haven't had a recent report, so please do so after your stay. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
We haven't had a recent report, so please do so after your stay. Thx!

Cheers.
I have a 5 night stay in early July, if you can wait that long.....
Old Jun 7, 2015, 3:52 pm

Did anyone spend stay in London recently?

Hi, there is a promotion going on for 14 Marriott hotels in London. It says if a premium room is booked, 10,000 points will be provided for each stay. However, when I finished a stay with premium room, only stay points have been credited. The promised 10,000 points were not. Is there anyone with some idea about this case? I'd like to check here before calling service center.Thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2015, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hackerqq
Hi, there is a promotion going on for 14 Marriott hotels in London. It says if a premium room is booked, 10,000 points will be provided for each stay. However, when I finished a stay with premium room, only stay points have been credited. The promised 10,000 points were not. Is there anyone with some idea about this case? I'd like to check here before calling service center.Thanks!
What do the terms and conditions say about posting of the bonus points?
Old Jun 7, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by hackerqq
However, when I finished a stay with premium room, only stay points have been credited. The promised 10,000 points were not.
Did you reserve the room using promotional code MRP?

http://www.marriott.co.uk/Channels/g...OfferId=939781
Old Jun 7, 2015, 7:53 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Did you book using the MRP promotional code at one of the following: Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, London Marriott Hotel County Hall, London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, London Marriott Hotel West India Quay, and St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London?

Originally Posted by "Spring in London: 14 hotels offering (up to) 10,000 points" Terms & Conditions
Guest must book reservation using promotional code listed above in order to receive bonus points.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 11:49 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Although I've not stayed in London on this promo, the same promo is also on at UK Country clubs and since I've twice seen the rooms at only £20/£30 more than the cheapest so I've booked this rate twice.

The first one was a nightmare to get the points, in fact they were so bad I got another 10,000 points for my inconvenience chasing it up!

The second hotel posted the 10,000 bonus the day after my checkout and the standard points and night credits a few days later. That's how it should occur.

Provided you booked the bonus rate, you should have your 10,000 points by now so I would ring the hotel since they're responsible for posting the points for this deal. If no joy there then call the Marriott CS.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 6:55 am

Also not directly related to London but did use a similar MR promo(1000 pts/night) for a stay in Toronto last month. After 10 days, the bonus points did not appear so went straight to Marriott CS because I knew from dealing with the front desk during our stay that they were well meaning but a bit clueless about their hotel promotions. The CS rep immediately gave the correct bonus points as "Goodwill Points" and made a point of saying that this was a common problem and next time if using this type of promo to bring it up both at check in and check out to have a better shot of the points being applied properly.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:56 pm

Which Marriott hotels in London offers the best lounge in terms of breakfast and evening snacks?

Regards.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Has anyone compiled a list of Marriott hotels in London that has an umbrella in each room vs having to request one from the concierge? In visiting a city like London, which has a high number of rainy days, an umbrella in the room would make good sense. Anyone know how many rainy days London has in an average year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.