Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum
Hello -- I'm planning a two night stay in London at either the Marriott Park Lane or at the Grosvenor House.

Does anybody have any insight into which property has a better fitness facility? I wasn't able to tell by reading through the thread.

I have Marriott Gold status, although I don't think that matters.

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 3:31 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
2014: London Marriott Hotels are much more expensive

I have stayed regularly for many years at various Marriott Hotels in London.

I went to make some weekend bookings and the prices have significantly increased.

Marriott Maida Vale
Marriott West India Quay
Marriott Marble Arch

These new prices make a weekend trip to London a much more costly adventure.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 4:09 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
My corporate rate at MV is £3 more expensive this year. Others you mention have stayed the same.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 4:10 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
I am not referring to corporate rates.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:57 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Gigantor
These new prices make a weekend trip to London a much more costly adventure.
London has always been a pretty expensive place to stay.

Is the price increase you see more than just for a few weekends in January or February or any given month? IOW, is it a general increase or possibly just a short-term increase due to something else going on in the area during that time?

While I may not like to see price increases, if the hotels increase too high, they will lose business and they won't be able to sustain it. OTOH, if people are paying those rates, then they would have been foolish not to have increased their rates.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 8:11 am

All through the year--- I checked in June, October and November.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Agreed...I travel to London once/twice a month over weekends, normally. I check, check and check again for rates, even on a daily basis if I have too....so far, I have found the pre-purchase rate at St. Ermin's (small bathrooms, though) and Marble Arch can be had in the 158-184(GBP) area. For example, I have a 156GBP rate this weekend at St. Ermin's. However, any of the central locations (JW, Park Lane and Grosvenor Sq.)...forget about it! It seems that the two week time frame is when rates break, but that is a crapshoot in itself!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Gigantor
2014: London Marriott Hotels are much more expensive
Same can be said for most of the rest of the world. That's what happens with high occupancy levels resulting from recovering economies.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:51 am

I was surprised at the premium Marriott properties are asking (and, I guess, getting) over competitors like Hilton and even the Andaz London on weekends. Stayed at a doubletree last November and will be staying a full week this November at the new Hampton Inn.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 9:14 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joetro
I was surprised at the premium Marriott properties are asking (and, I guess, getting) over competitors like Hilton and even the Andaz London on weekends. Stayed at a doubletree last November and will be staying a full week this November at the new Hampton Inn.
London is really busy at the moment. Hilton in London isn't great, apart from the Doubletree's, but Doubletree is not a well known brand in the UK, so it partly suffers because of that.
I wouldn't compare a Hampton to a FS Marriott, they are the equivalent to a Courtyard (I stayed in another Hampton for a year). In London though I don't really spend much time in the hotel, as there are so many places to visit / eat / drink at, so a clean room and comfortable bed is what is important for me.

T
Old Feb 11, 2014, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Same can be said for most of the rest of the world. That's what happens with high occupancy levels resulting from recovering economies.
This. Read an article a few weeks ago that hotel chains across the board are raising their rates thanks to economy coming back. Of course it will be interesting to see if they bring back things they cut back on when the economy went south

Cheers.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Although it is still possible for a LNF at some of these properties - I managed one for August in the Marriott West India Quay ...
Old Feb 12, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Based on some searches I've done this year and last, I have no question that Marriott in London is charging a significant premium over comparable chains. Interestingly (to me), I've checked most of the Marriott non-airport properties, other than those mentioned by the OP. (At LHR Terminal 5, nothing compares to the outrageous rates at the wonderful Sofitel.)
Old Apr 20, 2014, 5:14 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
London; St Ermins or County Hall Hotel

Which hotel would be best for sight seeing base, convenience of getting around, accomodations etc. Thank you in advance for any input
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
St. Ermin has been getting really good reviews (do a search; there's a thread on it w/ photos). However, it's an Autograph Collection so no exec lounge. You will get full breakfast but not drinks in the evening. The St. Ermin thread does have some recommendations for pubs near to thep property. If drinks/evening munchies are important to you, then County Hall as CH has a exec lounge. Both are good for sightseeing base, getting around, etc.

By coincidence the St. Ermin thread was on the front page of the forum, so you can read the trip report & see the pics.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...london-uk.html

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Apr 21, 2014 at 8:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.