Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

There's a 6% Government Tax and MYR10 Tourism Tax not shown in the rate.

Hotel email addresses:

The Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]

JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Srisarin
There is no bed guarantee once the guest accepted the upgrade.

I didn't see the commentator say he accepted the upgrade. Rather, I read it as saying they upgraded him automatically.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I didn't see the commentator say he accepted the upgrade. Rather, I read it as saying they upgraded him automatically.
But he had the right at check-in to decline the upgrade. Since he didn't, that was acceptance of the upgrade & thus the guarantee no longer applied.

Cheers.
CJKatl likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:15 pm

Correct, I did accept the upgrade offer to a King-Bedded Studio Suite, having been informed it was a much larger room. I should've stayed in my originally booked double twin bed, as the extra room didn't mean much.

Shook wasn't a zoo when I had breakfast, but it felt gloomy - no windows.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:17 am

Very firm mattress and very slow internet seem to be the consensus. As much as I'd like to try this hotel, I think I'll give it a pass based on those 2 things.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:55 am

I am currently staying at the Renaissance. Very convenient to walk to from the monorail (though monorail has got to be the worst KL train), and an easy walk to Bukit Bintang.

However, my reservation was for a twin tower view in the east wing. The room they gave me is a suite (not on club level) in the west wing with no tower view. When I called down about it, front desk gave me the runaround. I'm only here one night, so I wasn't going to throw a fit. For what it's worth, I'm Gold and that wasn't acknowledged at check-in or on my deposit statement. Not thrilled with that. The suite is very nice, but I can get a nice room anywhere and can't get a Petronas view anywhere else.

Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by venomtrilogy
I am currently staying at the Renaissance. Very convenient to walk to from the monorail (though monorail has got to be the worst KL train), and an easy walk to Bukit Bintang.

However, my reservation was for a twin tower view in the east wing. The room they gave me is a suite (not on club level) in the west wing with no tower view. When I called down about it, front desk gave me the runaround. I'm only here one night, so I wasn't going to throw a fit. For what it's worth, I'm Gold and that wasn't acknowledged at check-in or on my deposit statement. Not thrilled with that. The suite is very nice, but I can get a nice room anywhere and can't get a Petronas view anywhere else.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure the East Wing is under renovation.

Nurul Hidayah is the guest relations manager
<[email protected]>
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: AY Plat, Marriott Plat
Read somewhere that JW exec lounge does not allow kids under 12 in the lounge at all times. Do they provide an alternative setup for family with kids during evening happy hour?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mechu
Read somewhere that JW exec lounge does not allow kids under 12 in the lounge at all times. Do they provide an alternative setup for family with kids during evening happy hour?
I don't remember this being stated policy when I stayed there, but if it is the policy then good for the J.W. Marriott Kuala Lumpur. It is, after all, the executive lounge, not the kids' club or family lounge.
barracuda93 and applejax like this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
wrong hotel, deleted text, mods please delete. tks
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriott Titanium, KF Gold
Just got my LNF approved for JW, but I am still thinking which one to stay.

JW:
$525.99 all incl.
Deluxe Room, Guest room, 1 King or 2 Twin/Single Bed(s), City view.

vs

Renaissance
$394.32 all incl.
Deluxe, Guest room, 1 King or 2 Twin/Single Bed(s), West Wing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by EG8196
JW:
$525.99 all incl.
vs
Renaissance
$394.32 all incl.

Any suggestions?
Ren has a nice lounge in terms of its offerings and that's it. JW should be considerably better.
How many nights is this btw?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by EG8196

JW:
$525.99 all incl.

vs

Renaissance
$394.32 all incl.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Why not split your stay between both properties and help settle the debate over which property is better?

Duty Manager JW Marriott <[email protected]>

Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Club Floor Manager<[email protected]>

I'd pick the Renaissance if only for its pool. Renovations aren't finished on the East Tower so there's only one lounge at the moment. I'm guessing it's crowded as the lounge in the East Tower was two floors. The West Tower lounge is one floor. There was more within walking distance of the J.W. Marriott, however.
Old May 3, 2018, 2:07 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist , Bonvoy Titanium United Silver AA Platinum, AS Gold 75K
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I don't remember this being stated policy when I stayed there, but if it is the policy then good for the J.W. Marriott Kuala Lumpur. It is, after all, the executive lounge, not the kids' club or family lounge.
I couldn't agree more @hockeyinsider! I find it highly annoying when people bring their kids into the lounge and let them act like its a playground, screaming, running around, climbing on furniture and sticking their dirty hands in the food! A lounge is suppose to be for business travelers or Executive members and a guest not unruly children! I occasionally see parents with a well behaved child in a lounge and I'm not bothered by this at all because the parents obviously understand this is a privilege and want to respect other lounge goers but unfortunately its usually the exception.
Old May 3, 2018, 2:57 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by applejax
I couldn't agree more @hockeyinsider! I find it highly annoying when people bring their kids into the lounge and let them act like its a playground, screaming, running around, climbing on furniture and sticking their dirty hands in the food! A lounge is suppose to be for business travelers or Executive members and a guest not unruly children! I occasionally see parents with a well behaved child in a lounge and I'm not bothered by this at all because the parents obviously understand this is a privilege and want to respect other lounge goers but unfortunately its usually the exception.
If you are really bothered complain. My buddy has gotten 60k points this year from complaining about kids in the lounges. Some of the lounges at some of the hotels have the rule for no 12 and under allowed. (He got about 10k from one of the Autograph hotels in KL. He told me he just got 20k from a JW somewhere outside KL. Not sure about other hotels)

I see it is a privilege. I get the kids eating free is a good benefit, but these days, especially in Asia the parents just let the kids go nuts.
Old May 3, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist , Bonvoy Titanium United Silver AA Platinum, AS Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Handcake
I get the kids eating free is a good benefit, but these days, especially in Asia the parents just let the kids go nuts.
Honestly I find it better in Asia and Europe then in American lounges. I think if hotels want to appeal to families they could have a play area for kids, let them eat free in the restaurant have free baby-sitting but FFS keep them out of the lounge! Some lounges are great, a quite place to get some work done or have a snack and drink but American lounges have mostly gone so downhill they should rename them McDonalds!

I try not to complain to the hotel unless its something more serious because you don't want to become a "complainer" in the eyes of a program or it will get way worse then crappy lounge experience. It may be a wives tale but I've heard you can get flagged for complaining.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.

Last edited by bdschobel; May 21, 2018 at 8:11 pm Reason: Fixed coding

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.