Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2023, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2023, 1:59 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Originally Posted by jer3
Staying here at the end of the month primarily due to the lounge.

Does anyone know how far along they are with the lobby renovation?
I frequent this hotel 2-3 times a year. I was there last month and they said the reno would be done mid-June, I’m time for the Grand Prix.

lounge is still excellent.
jer3 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 1:33 am

Programs: AC35K, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Was able to stay there for four nights last week. Mixed feelings about this property.

The renovations are complete in the restaurant and lobby but I noticed they were still getting some of their new furniture in the lobby moved in while I was there.

Good
-Front desk staff was always very pleasant and helpful. Had no issue processing a Marriott GC.
-Upgrade to a nice spacious Junior suite for 4 nights as a Titanium.
-Chose breakfast for the welcome gift and would highly recommend. You are able to choose any item on the a la carte menu and all dishes were great. They were also nice enough to let me take my wife's portion to go on two mornings as she was still sleeping.
-New club lounge has great views and really good place to get some work done as it's very spacious. Evening happy hour is pretty good with selections of cheeses, meats, salads, dessert and one rotating hot dish. It was mostly the same over the four days though. They also have a full staffed bar in the evenings but prices were a bit high I found.
-Location is very central and in a much better spot than the Marriott.

Not so good
-Hotel renovations in the rooms are not very comparable to the Marriott Chateau Champlain. This hotel still feels a bit dated.
-Elevators are deadly slow for getting to the 37th floor Club Lounge.
-Club Lounge breakfast was very limited. I skipped it most mornings.
-No bottled water in the club lounge. You had to ask the staff each time to get one from the back.
-Coffee machine in the club lounge broke on the last day.
-They couldn't offer a 4pm late check-out in the Junior Suite. However they were able to offer a regular king room to move to until 4pm.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 11:34 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
A few points about my 2nd stay here:
  • Placed in the exact same Medium Hospitality Suite with 2 Doubles as my stay 1.5 years ago - saw the upgrade a couple of days before in the app
  • Beds are exceedingly comfortable with plush mattresses - I placed the covers from the other bed on top of mine to make a cozy cocoon
  • Shower pressure is good
  • Welcome gift was a very tasty box of 6 macarons (different than last year)
  • Told at check-in I would get 1 PM late checkout - appreciate the transparency
  • Lounge food at evening service was good - interesting pumpkin and mushroom ravioli and desserts were very good - same macarons as my gift, fudgy brownie, very good lemon tart
  • Got restaurant breakfast as my welcome gift - ordered chicken and waffles - good (though, chicken was a bit dry) - service was very friendly, and no check to sign after giving my voucher - seems to be 1 entree, 1 juice, and 1 hot drink
  • Love the feel of the Otis call buttons on the elevators

Monsieur ElevatorEnthusiast will be sure to return to Le Sheraton.

A few photos:

YUL and dgreen12 like this.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 12:35 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
A few points about my 2nd stay here:
  • Placed in the exact same Medium Hospitality Suite with 2 Doubles as my stay 1.5 years ago - saw the upgrade a couple of days before in the app
  • Beds are exceedingly comfortable with plush mattresses - I placed the covers from the other bed on top of mine to make a cozy cocoon
  • Shower pressure is good
  • Welcome gift was a very tasty box of 6 macarons (different than last year)
  • Told at check-in I would get 1 PM late checkout - appreciate the transparency
  • Lounge food at evening service was good - interesting pumpkin and mushroom ravioli and desserts were very good - same macarons as my gift, fudgy brownie, very good lemon tart
  • Got restaurant breakfast as my welcome gift - ordered chicken and waffles - good (though, chicken was a bit dry) - service was very friendly, and no check to sign after giving my voucher - seems to be 1 entree, 1 juice, and 1 hot drink
  • Love the feel of the Otis call buttons on the elevators

Monsieur ElevatorEnthusiast will be sure to return to Le Sheraton.
Are you staying during the week or weekend? Booked for a Tuesday night a couple of weeks ago. "Upgraded" to a club level room as a lifetime Titanium.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 1:11 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by seawolf
Are you staying during the week or weekend? Booked for a Tuesday night a couple of weeks ago. "Upgraded" to a club level room as a lifetime Titanium.
This was for yesterday, so a Saturday night.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 3:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
This was for yesterday, so a Saturday night.
Once again I can't "Like" your review, so thanks for posting. This is my "go-to" in Montreal. My only minor complaint is never being able to combine late checkout (which I almost always need in Montreal) with a suite upgrade. I see you had only marginally better luck. (I got noon.) Usually I'm catching a late afternoon or evening train from Gare Centrale nearby, so will pass on the upgrade to get a couple of extra hours.
YUL and ElevatorEnthusiast like this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 3:07 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Seriously considering this hotel for a mid December 5 day stay. I have booked the Hyatt Place on points but am tempted with a price of 1273CAD for a Queen club room. The hotel looks quiet at this time(fingers crossed). As a Montreal first timer is this hotel a good one to be in mid winter for walking around? Is it close to the underground city/anything interesting? I'm thinking of booking a club room just in case the cold is a bit much for me and I'd prefer to stay in. Or should I just stick with the Hyatt Place which includes a decent breakfast and has been recently renovated?

PS Any tips on room numbers which are quiet and away from annoying lift noise I read a lot about?
Thanks !

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Nov 21, 2023 at 3:18 am
Old Nov 21, 2023, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Seriously considering this hotel for a mid December 5 day stay. I have booked the Hyatt Place on points but am tempted with a price of 1273CAD for a Queen club room. The hotel looks quiet at this time(fingers crossed). As a Montreal first timer is this hotel a good one to be in mid winter for walking around? Is it close to the underground city/anything interesting? I'm thinking of booking a club room just in case the cold is a bit much for me and I'd prefer to stay in. Or should I just stick with the Hyatt Place which includes a decent breakfast and has been recently renovated?

PS Any tips on room numbers which are quiet and away from annoying lift noise I read a lot about?
Thanks !
The area around the Sheraton is far more pleasant than the area around the Hyatt Place.

There aren't rooms at the Sheraton touching the central elevator core.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 7:13 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
The Sheraton is my usual hotel in Montreal. I agree with the poster above regarding location. The downside in winter is its lack of a direct connection to Montreal's "underground city", requiring at least some outside walking in inclement weather. The nearest Metro stations are Bonaventure, Gare Centrale and Lucien L'Allier. The latter two also have commuter/regional rail options. Alternate Bonvoy choices that require less time outdoors to get around include the Marriott Chateau Champlain and the Delta - both fine hotels.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by yyzflyer
The Sheraton is my usual hotel in Montreal. I agree with the poster above regarding location. The downside in winter is its lack of a direct connection to Montreal's "underground city", requiring at least some outside walking in inclement weather. The nearest Metro stations are Bonaventure, Gare Centrale and Lucien L'Allier. The latter two also have commuter/regional rail options. Alternate Bonvoy choices that require less time outdoors to get around include the Marriott Chateau Champlain and the Delta - both fine hotels.
And, Le Westin and the W are both connected to the underground city directly.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 9:08 am

My preference has long been the Renaissance. Very close to Eaton (for the underground souterraine) and McGill for the Metro. Close enough that there's barely a 45 second difference between an in house staircase and crossing the street. It's at the corner of St Catherine and Square Phililps so lively enough at most hours.

And I have found the Sheraton to be too boxy, the Delta to be too vapid, the Champlain to be too old, the Westin to be too bizarre and the W to be too trendy. (Yes, I have issues)!
Old Nov 21, 2023, 10:27 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
"The downside in winter is its lack of a direct connection to Montreal's "underground city", requiring at least some outside walking in inclement weather"

Slightly OT, and hotel brand allegiance aside, what might the best hotel for mid winter in Montreal be then? I appreciate most of the above trip reports are probably summer stays?. The Fairmont stands out to me as a nice hotel, nice area, and linked directly nto underground city as well as transport without having to step outside from what I read? Any other hotels fit that bill?
Old Nov 22, 2023, 8:41 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
"The downside in winter is its lack of a direct connection to Montreal's "underground city", requiring at least some outside walking in inclement weather"

Slightly OT, and hotel brand allegiance aside, what might the best hotel for mid winter in Montreal be then? I appreciate most of the above trip reports are probably summer stays?. The Fairmont stands out to me as a nice hotel, nice area, and linked directly nto underground city as well as transport without having to step outside from what I read? Any other hotels fit that bill?
IMO - Just take a Uber and/or order food delivery. I'm up in Montreal all seasons and yes winter is cold but access to underground isn't really a factor as my Montreal colleagues don't all live underground.

Brand allegiance aside, Doubletree. It's on top of Complexe Desjardins mall which is connected to underground. Mall has restaurants and food court as well as supermarket and shops. No need to ever step outside for anything.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 8:31 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
I’ve stayed at many Marriott/SPG properties in Montreal and the Sheraton is by far my favorite. The club lounge is great and the staff treat me well.

I would not be worried at all by not having direct access to the underground. You walk a few blocks and you’re there. It’s also not like you’re going to spend every waking hour in the underground. Just dress warm and you’ll be fine. I’ll be up there on the 15th.
seawolf likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.