Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2023, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2022, 8:13 pm

Can a mod rename this thread?
The hotel's name is not now and has never been Sheraton Centre-Ville Montreal.
The hotel has always been Le Centre Sheraton Montreal.
Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2023, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Convention hotel - seems to be many reports of the same in this thread. As they had upgraded me to a suite, I bet that makes the negotiations even worse. It wasn't an issue as I needed to leave early anyway to make it to the airport, but this was the one Montreal property where I experienced pushback.
I call bull by the hotel on the convention hotel part. There's nowhere on the Marriott websites that says this is a convention hotel.

On the other hand , this other hotel is clearly designated as a convention one https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotel...otel/overview/
Old Feb 19, 2023, 9:58 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
I call bull by the hotel on the convention hotel part. There's nowhere on the Marriott websites that says this is a convention hotel.

On the other hand , this other hotel is clearly designated as a convention one https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotel...otel/overview/
Truthfully, there was a convention going on at the hotel during my stay based on the goings-ons on the meeting room floors. It appears that Marriott has accepted this premise as the late checkout option did not show up in app check-in if I remember correctly, and the property definitely isn't a resort.
Old May 14, 2023, 10:55 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Stayed on a Thursday night in late April 2023. Not much to add other than I also enjoyed the hotel. Arrived after food service in club lounge was over but was proactively offered "some things from the back". Exceptionally spacious lounge with many areas to choose from. Solid Breakfast in the lounge. The only Sheraton club in North America I can think of that might be better is the Sheraton in Toronto. My only negative is elevator noise (cables and whooshing) was easily heard in my room. Rooms otherwise OK (still don't like psychotic carpet, but alas, it keeps spreading)

Last edited by schriste; May 16, 2023 at 2:16 pm
Old May 15, 2023, 3:55 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
The last time I stayed here the CL attendant gave me a card when I walked in with a place to give a tip. I had never seen that before, asking for a tip before service. It was clewashe'd give good service if one tipped well in advance and not so good I'd one didn't.

Do they still do that?

I won't stay here again if this is par doe the course.
Old May 15, 2023, 3:57 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by SHLTP
The last time I stayed here the CL attendant gave me a card when I walked in with a place to give a tip. I had never seen that before, asking for a tip before service. It was clewashe'd give good service if one tipped well in advance and not so good I'd one didn't.

Do they still do that?

I don't remember anything of that sort on my last stay in 2022.
Old May 15, 2023, 5:36 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM

Do they still do that?

Sheraton Gateway at YYZ had started this when we were last there about 2 weeks ago. A little clipboard of the cards on each table in the evening or under each place setting at breakfast.
Old May 16, 2023, 5:36 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP

Do they still do that?

I’ve stayed here’s dozens of times, including this past weekend, and this has never happened to me.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 12:28 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Has anyone stayed here recently with children? I am interested booking here for a summer stay, but when I tried to make a reservation online, there is "extra person" charge for the 2 children added on. Is that really the case? I tried to email the hotel for clarification, but have gotten no response so far. TIA.

LAX
Old Jun 6, 2023, 6:49 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LAX
Has anyone stayed here recently with children? I am interested booking here for a summer stay, but when I tried to make a reservation online, there is "extra person" charge for the 2 children added on. Is that really the case? I tried to email the hotel for clarification, but have gotten no response so far. TIA.

LAX
YMMV especially if you are asking due to lounge access. Sometimes they check sometimes they don't.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by LAX

LAX
This is an issue with Marriott IT, not this particular property. For some reason, they add an extra charge for children as if they were adults. I would make the reservation for 2 adults, and then contact the property to let them know there will be 2 children in the room as well.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 8:17 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by margarita girl
This is an issue with Marriott IT, not this particular property. For some reason, they add an extra charge for children as if they were adults. I would make the reservation for 2 adults, and then contact the property to let them know there will be 2 children in the room as well.
It's a bit premature to say it is an IT issue.

The Extra person charge shows up on some properties (US/Canada) and not others. That would suggest that it it working properly and is set by the property. If it is an IT issue, one would expect this this charge to all properties

Having said that, the only way to know for sure is to call the hotel. Even if they don't charge a fee, it could be the hotel setting up the charge incorrectly to begin with so it wouldn't be an IT issue.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 11:32 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Originally Posted by seawolf
It's a bit premature to say it is an IT issue.

The Extra person charge shows up on some properties (US/Canada) and not others. That would suggest that it it working properly and is set by the property. If it is an IT issue, one would expect this this charge to all properties

Having said that, the only way to know for sure is to call the hotel. Even if they don't charge a fee, it could be the hotel setting up the charge incorrectly to begin with so it wouldn't be an IT issue.
For some properties, it's a glitch as I had previously confirmed it directly through emails. That's what I have tried to do with this property, but I have gotten no response thus far. There are indeed properties that do charge even for children (also confirmed via emails) and I just added it into the advertised room rate for comparison to other properties.

LAX
seawolf likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 6:03 pm

Programs: AC35K, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Staying here at the end of the month primarily due to the lounge.

Does anyone know how far along they are with the lobby renovation?
Old Jun 9, 2023, 7:34 am

Programs: FB Platinum 4 life; Marriott Titanium, Gold4Life; M&M FTL; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by jer3
Staying here at the end of the month primarily due to the lounge.

Does anyone know how far along they are with the lobby renovation?
I was there earlier this week, and there was no renovation going on in the lobby, so I assume - this being my first time there - that they're done. There were construction works being done around it, though, which meant no car access was available to the entrance and to the parking lot. You could enter from the street in front, where the starbucks is.
jer3 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.