Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2023, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2016, 4:04 pm

Current SPG Status: Platinum
Nights booked: 1
Room type booked: Traditional King
Room upgrade: Club Level King
First time staying at property? Yes

Just completed an overnight stay at the Sheraton Centre Ville. Wasn't able to snag a suite upgrade (and didn't inquire). It was a busy weekend - with Canada having passed and Independence Day happening the next day. I did notice that Junior and Executive suites were still available online, however.

My room left me quite unimpressed. Between the popcorn ceilings, stained carpet, dimly lit bathroom and furniture that was showing its age, I didn't see the room as being up to snuff for a downtown Sheraton property nor, not to mention, a club level room. It really was in need for a revamp.

Where the hotel excelled was in its amenities and proximity to everything downtown. The pool is now re-open and the gym was one of the best hotel gym's I've stepped into. Tons of cardio machines, a full weight rack, leg machines, yoga mats - you name it. There is also a nice sun deck/area leading from outside the gym that looked like a nice spot to relax.

The lounge is located on the top floor and is HUGE. Never had a problem grabbing a seat and during more quieter hours it was a nice space for some privacy and to "zone out." The views are great. If you are not staying on a club level (floors 35/36, I believe), then you need to get off on one of those floors and switch elevators to go up to the 37th. This, as I understand, makes it more efficient for people staying on the club levels to get to/down from the lounge.

Evening hors d'oeuvres consisted of soup, chips and salsa/guacamole, veggie and cheese platters, bread, raw smoked salmon, (pickles, olives, etc.), and for dessert: some sort of strawberry cake and also raspberry cheesecake in a cup. Alcohol by purchase at the bar.

Breakfast consisted of only one hot item (scrambled eggs), along with different breads/bagels, an assortment of pastries, cereals, yogurts, fruits, juices, and hot oatmeal. I think I might've overheard there were pancakes but they had run out.

Throughout the day the lounge had coffee, tea, and an expresso machine for use. They also had apples, pears, and granola bars as snacks in the early afternoon.

Overall, I had an enjoyable stay and the staff were friendly and accommodating. I just wish that my room had been more updated and didn't feel so old and tired. I would still return, but would probably be looking out for a good rate or the hopes of a suite upgrade if I were to.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jb3t
Just checked out of the Le Centre Sheraton after a four night stay. Here's a quick update.

- Im a Plat who has been coming here yearly for 10 years.

- one of the suites was the standard with the queen bed and the other was very nice with a big living room, dining room table, two full baths, and a little kitchen area. Let me tell you... This room made the stay. We were able to go out all day, have dinner, walk around town, and come back hang with our friends late into the night. Tons of room.

Overall... Great stay.
Sounds like the public areas and club have been renovated...what about the suites, especially ones like this hospitality suite UG you received?

Would you say the club is more like a US club lounge in terms of food or more like and international club?

Do any of the other SPGs have club lounges?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 4:05 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Originally Posted by sbtinme
Heading up there this weekend for a friend's BDay. I just found out the Club is closed on weekends (I hate it when they do that!!), but that Plats will get breakfast coupons.

Perhaps this club-closed-on-the-weekends is just during the rough months of winter??
I go there often on the weekends and the club lounge is always open (and busy). I would call to make sure as this does not seem right.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 4:09 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Originally Posted by nologic
Sounds like the public areas and club have been renovated...what about the suites, especially ones like this hospitality suite UG you received?

Would you say the club is more like a US club lounge in terms of food or more like and international club?

Do any of the other SPGs have club lounges?
1. The club lounge is awesome. It's not your typical US-type lounge. Tons of choices and includes things like salmon and other meats for breakfast.

2. Those big hospitality suites are in very good shape, at least the ones I've stayed in. They are huge and typically on the 7th floor (I think).
Old Dec 23, 2016, 6:13 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Dreamflight

Breakfast consisted of only one hot item (scrambled eggs), along with different breads/bagels, an assortment of pastries, cereals, yogurts, fruits, juices, and hot oatmeal. I think I might've overheard there were pancakes but they had run out.
The pancake machine is at the end of the counter. (Same contraption as found in other hotel and airport lounges - e.g. Alaska Boardroom.)
Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I've never been in an AS Lounge and I've never seen a pancake machine. I've seen a waffle iron. What's a pancake machine?
Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by jb3t
1. The club lounge is awesome. It's not your typical US-type lounge. Tons of choices and includes things like salmon and other meats for breakfast.

2. Those big hospitality suites are in very good shape, at least the ones I've stayed in. They are huge and typically on the 7th floor (I think).
Staying in a small hospitality suite on the 7th floor, but includes a sofa area and a dining room table. I understand there are much larger hospitality suites, and of course, there are the VP and President suites.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 6:54 pm

I've never been in an AS Lounge and I've never seen a pancake machine. I've seen a waffle iron. What's a pancake machine?
Here's a video:

(Though in the video, the machine makes a default of 2 pancakes each time you push the button. In the Sheraton lounge, the default is 1 pancake.)
Old Dec 24, 2016, 8:49 pm

I didn't see a link to a video, but I Google search pancake machine and saw a you tune of one at a Holiday Inn Express. Very cool, although seems somewhat slow. I sure hope they have genuine maple syrup or it's all for not. I already have learned they don't have fresh OJ, so we'll have to buy/import our own...would be nice to also not have to travel w sticky maple syrup. But fresh pancakes are a nice Club breakfast amenity.

​​​

​​

Old Dec 24, 2016, 10:16 pm

I didn't see a link to a video, but I Google search pancake machine and saw a you tune of one at a Holiday Inn Express. Very cool, although seems somewhat slow. I sure hope they have genuine maple syrup or it's all for not. I already have learned they don't have fresh OJ, so we'll have to buy/import our own...would be nice to also not have to travel w sticky maple syrup. But fresh pancakes are a nice Club breakfast amenity.
I only saw the little jars of Dickinsons "maple syrup" on the counter last time: https://www.smuckerfoodservice.com/f...le-syrup-glass
Old Dec 25, 2016, 9:32 am

Yes, that's the real thing. Turns out there's loads of it. The machine is a nice feature , although very slow. On more than one occasion, people came over and removed pancakes from my production stack as if they were community property.

The club overall is nice, considerably better than a typical US Club, with great views from the 37 the floor, as has been mentioned, and decently renovated.

​​​​​​It has a full time bartender with paid beverages in the evenings. The disadvantage of that, besides the cost, is that it doesn't offer self serve bottles or cans of juices and soft drinks (just water).

The hospitality rooms on 7 are a hodge-podge of decor and age:condition: the bathrooms look like they've been redone. And seem decent and there are flat screen TVs, plus extensive new-ish electrical outlets w USB-ports, bedside and at the desks (although not outlets on both sides of the bed). The carpets are downright dingy, and the furniture is dowdy, with lamps circa another generation and most other items worn and outdated. The space itself, however, is very nice!
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
Bump from the dead

Has anyone stayed here recently? I just had a 5-night stay, and prior to this was back in September 2016.

I noticed the hotel has really cut down on costs, from toilet paper, to the toiletries (not the standard Sheraton issued ones) to even the paper used to print out the folio. They even charge a fee to store your baggage if you check out and want to roam around before heading to the train station or airport! Edit: They used to send me fruits/desserts and a thank you card every time I arrived, but not this time (I've stayed with them for the past 10 years.) I don't expect any of this, but it was always very nice of them.

Was there a change in management or a chain-wide policy update?

Last edited by bcrdukes; Jul 14, 2017 at 10:46 pm
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:09 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Great Club Lounge in Le Centre Sheraton

Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

1201 Boulevard Rene-Levesque West Montreal, QC CA H3B2L7

Great Club Lounge in Le Centre Sheraton Montreal (4 Photos)

In the same week I stayed at Le Centre Sheraton, Westin, and Meridien in order to compare various Starwood options in Montreal.  I am generally biased in favor of hotels with lounges and in Montreal for me it's no exception.  Based on my personal preferences, I would say Le Centre Sheraton ranks ahead of Meridien and Westin mostly because of the Club Lounge.

In my room I received a nice platinum welcome gift: a bowl of fruits, nuts, Evian water, and a small white wine bottle in an ice bucket.  

Dining

The Club Lounge is for sure the strong point of this hotel.  While the food options cannot be compared with Asian lounges, it is without a doubt one of the best lounges in North America.  Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of the lounge - I will do so on my next visit.  The views of the city from the 37th floor are great.  The lounge is very large and it has several kinds of tables for various seating arrangements depending on the size of your party.  There are large tables near computers if you need to have a business meeting with several people.  There are sofas at the end of the lounge if you just want to relax and have a drink.  There are small round tables for couples who want to eat and enjoy the view.  There is a nice staffed bar if you want the regular "bar" sitting option.  During my stay I saw someone having a job interview in the lounge late morning after breakfast.  The lounge is large enough that it was suitable for such a meeting.

The hot food options are the main drawback of this lounge.  In the evening it's only soup, although both evenings the soup was excellent.  In many other lounges you have at least a couple of hot appetizers or pasta.  Despite this drawback, the quality of what they offer is decent.  In addition to veggies, one evening they had cold salmon and cold cuts, and the other evening they had quiche, cold flatbread with tomato sauce, and bruschetta.  They had several kinds of bread, cheese, and several desserts if you have a sweet tooth.  For breakfast, the only hot food option is omelet.  However they have several fruits including strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries.  So not only standard hotel breakfast fruits.

Breakfast time is a bit stringent on week days (until 9:30am) but more standard on weekends (until 10:30am).  For evening hors d'oeuvres it's 5pm-8pm so three hours is generous.

Room

The hotel room is fairly standard and relatively small.  The shower is in a bathtub which I do not like much.  The soundproofing is not great as in most older hotels.  I could hear people talking in the hallway.  There is a note outside the elevator to keep quiet in the hallway, most likely because the hotel knows it's an issue.  If your room is high enough, you will not be disturbed much by noise from the street.  

20180202_111518.jpg20180202_111536.jpg20180202_111607.jpg20180202_111619.jpg

The location is very good in the middle of downtown, and only one block from Centre Bell.  Several guests at the hotel were going to Montreal Canadiens games during my stay.  

Overall

While not perfect, this hotel is a good option in Montreal and good value for the money if you have access to the club lounge.  Prices are often lower than Westin, W, and St.Paul.  I will return.

Great Club Lounge in Le Centre Sheraton Montreal

Would you like to write a review on the Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes
Antonio8069 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:42 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Sheraton is my least favorite SPG property. Location is great but room condition ok and and I avoid the lounge. Too many great food options in Montreal to forgo by eating at the lounge.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:46 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Good hotel with excellent Club Lounge going to be renovated. ^

"On May 17, 2018, a subsidiary of Marriott International, Inc. ( “Marriott ” ) sold Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel to a private investor for approximately C$92 million. Marriott retained a long-term management agreement for the 825-room property located in downtown Montreal in Quebec, Canada. The Hotel will undergo a comprehensive renovation including the guest rooms, lobby, meeting space, and ballroom, as well as other public areas."

https://seekingalpha.com/filing/4028657

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.