Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat (LT Plat 2.1 MM),United S, SPG P, Marriott P, Hyatt Diamond *-)-
Originally Posted by JackE
Simpler, yes, but not correct because the number of required nights differ between programs.
Why is this not correct? A night is a night, no? Are you suggesting a Marriott night is worth less than an SPG night since SPG top tier lifetime requires 500 nights, and Marriott top tier lifetime requires 750?

It's possible that SPG doesn't know the number of points, since those were never the measure for attaining lifetime. In fact, compared to Marriott, lifetime itself is relatively new at SPG.
Did you take a look upthread? SPG can calculate the number of LT points; however, it appears to be a manual, time-consuming process. This fact suggests, to me at least, points may not be a factor in a future combined LT program. If IT cannot automate the current process, I can imagine SPG members would be very unhappy if only available-to-spend SPG points were converted at 3-1 ratio for LT purposes.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by AA_CPA
...I can imagine SPG members would be very unhappy if only available-to-spend SPG points were converted at 3-1 ratio for LT purposes.
On the other hand, I would be quite happy with that approach.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Simpler, yes, but not correct because the number of required nights differ between programs.
They won't once the programs are combined...
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Why is this not correct? A night is a night, no? Are you suggesting a Marriott night is worth less than an SPG night since SPG top tier lifetime requires 500 nights, and Marriott top tier lifetime requires 750?
Yes; exactly that. It may be off-putting to MR members to see that they need 750 nights, never mind the points, while an SPG migrant gets MR LT after only 500 nights -- though Marriott nights are easier to acquire than SPG nights.

Did you take a look upthread? SPG can calculate the number of LT points; however, it appears to be a manual, time-consuming process. This fact suggests, to me at least, points may not be a factor in a future combined LT program. If IT cannot automate the current process, I can imagine SPG members would be very unhappy if only available-to-spend SPG points were converted at 3-1 ratio for LT purposes.
I agree that it would be a big mistake to only count available-to-transfer points. And that it would make sense to count nights only. But I think it should be at a 3:2 ratio to correspond to 750:500.

It's almost a moot point because everyone accumulates points alongside accumulating nights. My earlier point was that if they DO choose to track points, then SPG members should simply get proportionate credit. That's for pre-SPG-LTP'ers. Those who have crossed the SPG LTP threshold should simply be grandfathered into MR LTP. And similarly with SPG LTG and the corresponding MR level.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by cbellero
Rollover nights count towards LTP, so the behavior is to be expected.
I've been told by a CSR that rollover nights don't count toward LT status, but I can't find the actual rules for accrual on the Marriott website (link in the Wiki doesn't work). I'm trying to correct an error in my rollover nights for 2016-2017. Does anyone know where it actually states that Rollover nights count? Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Ismilee
I've been told by a CSR that rollover nights don't count toward LT status, but I can't find the actual rules for accrual on the Marriott website (link in the Wiki doesn't work). I'm trying to correct an error in my rollover nights for 2016-2017. Does anyone know where it actually states that Rollover nights count? Thanks!
I don't know where it states this, and maybe the practice recently changed, but for years, may of us have watched and reported that the rollover nights are counted a second time, both when earned and when rolled over. Many of us have seen it happen for so many years, kinda like watching the sun rise in the morning, so I'm comfortable saying that rollovers have always counted a second time at time of rollover.

Did anyone watch closely on his/her own account this year? It doesn't matter to me, so I didn't look this year to see of my rollover was added.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Did anyone watch closely on his/her own account this year? It doesn't matter to me, so I didn't look this year to see of my rollover was added.
I did.
My rollover nights were added. So no issue here.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by PetzLUX
I did.
My rollover nights were added. So no issue here.
Same here. Rollover nights were added to LT total, just like other years.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Ismilee
It seems the first response when something goes wrong is that it is the way it's supposed to be. It is up to the customer to convince/find someone that believes there is a problem before you're going to get someone to push the issue further to get someone to look at it. In my day of working support, our role was to represent the customer within the company. Today, the bean counters want metrics to justify the support expenses, and that's just not going to work.

I would suggest pushing the issue with MR and continue escalation until you find someone that knows the correct answer and get them to make the appropriate changes (and maybe even get the others properly educated). Also, you might want to go over to MI and see if you can get any traction there. MR abandoned FT years ago for their own system.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:25 pm

Got PP this year after missing out this year. Any word on if and when a gift will be sent?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:34 pm

Thanks!

Originally Posted by RogerD408
It seems the first response when something goes wrong is that it is the way it's supposed to be. It is up to the customer to convince/find someone that believes there is a problem before you're going to get someone to push the issue further to get someone to look at it. In my day of working support, our role was to represent the customer within the company. Today, the bean counters want metrics to justify the support expenses, and that's just not going to work.

I would suggest pushing the issue with MR and continue escalation until you find someone that knows the correct answer and get them to make the appropriate changes (and maybe even get the others properly educated). Also, you might want to go over to MI and see if you can get any traction there. MR abandoned FT years ago for their own system.
Thanks - I'll do that. In the Wiki there was a quote that Rollover nights were included, but I can't find that anywhere on the Marriott website. I'll continue with CS :-)
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
my rollover nights counted for my lifetime status..
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by sferias
Got PP this year after missing out this year. Any word on if and when a gift will be sent?
I believe the gift is for renewing PP, so you do not receive it the first year. At least that's what I was told the first year I reached PP and did not receive a gift. The gift was sent the next two years.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
On rollover nights counting towards lifetime nights... I'm not nuts here, they're being counted twice, right?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA GS, 1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
got lifetime Platinum with this years rollover of 83 nights.

Platinum Lifetime Status

Nights 764
Points 2,748,426

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.