Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Do Transferred Points Count Towards Lifetime Status?

Here's the question: I'm a lifetime platinum, and have a bunch of points. A good friend of mine is well over the nights requirement for LT Platinum, but is something like 40K-50K short on points. His formerly heavy travel schedule has cut back to fairly infrequent. I have a boatload of points, just sort of sitting there. If I transfer some points to him, will they count to push him over to Lifetime Platinum? Could he then, at a later time, transfer them back to me (in effect, I guess I'd be "lending" him the points). To be honest, I just want to give him the points and be done with it - he's the one insisting that he'd want to "pay me back" (moron )
Old Mar 16, 2016, 6:55 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
If you transfer points to your friend your LT points will go down and his will go up. Just did this from my account to my wife's and that is what happened.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Michilander
If you transfer points to your friend your LT points will go down and his will go up. Just did this from my account to my wife's and that is what happened.
Thanks! I'm not worried about my LT points balance
Old Mar 16, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
What about points transferred from other sources (e.g., chase ultimate rewards)?
Old Mar 16, 2016, 11:12 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by bmr12
What about points transferred from other sources (e.g., chase ultimate rewards)?
Count.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 11:15 pm

Out of curiosity, wonder what would happen if points transferred out caused dipping below requirement for lifetime. Lose lifetime status?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by ohmark
Out of curiosity, wonder what would happen if points transferred out caused dipping below requirement for lifetime. Lose lifetime status?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...tatus-115.html

See posts 1691 and 1725.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 8:56 am

Thanks for the reply and being the guinea pig!
Old Mar 17, 2016, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
They most definitely do. I just got a 2,000+ line Excel file from SPG with every single point posting back to 2008. They have it all recorded. Have earned a bit over 1MM in total the past 6 years it looks like.

I'm more confident now that once they figure the conversion rate for existing points, they can go back and do a multiplier for past points.
Only 2008? Many of us have stays from much earlier that were credited to SPG or one of its predecessors.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 1:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamand; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; LeAccor Platinum
And the answer is **TADA***

Yes, my LT status dropped to Gold. At least, according to the LT pop up available on the Account Overview page.
Lifetime Platinum Plat can drop to Gold?
Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:06 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by dp86
Lifetime Platinum Plat can drop to Gold?
Respectfully, please read a few pages of posts prior to the one you're quoting. It's all very, very clear as to why his status dropped; in addition, he was 'testing' the system to see what would happen when he gifted points. Hint: He dropped below 2MM LT MR points.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 9:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I've updated the wiki to reflect that if you purchase back status the points are permanently deducted from your account. Also, that if you drop below the points for a Lifetime status, you're dropped to the Lifetime below it until you accumulate enough points to hit the higher Lifetime status again.

Cheers.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
It's clear from the posts upthread that transferred miles count toward lifetime status. Purchased miles do as well, right?

50K+ the remainder of the typical spring and summer would get me over the 2 million point for LTP. Something tells me I will be less worried having the deal sealed as opposed to still pending as the 2 programs combine.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by cmculp
It's clear from the posts upthread that transferred miles count toward lifetime status. Purchased miles do as well, right?

50K+ the remainder of the typical spring and summer would get me over the 2 million point for LTP. Something tells me I will be less worried having the deal sealed as opposed to still pending as the 2 programs combine.
All points you receive, regardless of source, count toward LT status.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
I too am in the "what to do with my SPG points" boat in regards to future MAR lifetime status. Supposing that my total MAR and SPG nights gets combined for lifetime stays, I will be in good shape with the nights total, but I will be hurting in the points criteria unless somehow my used SPG points are included.

So, I could definitely see all my remaining unused SPG points counting (multiplied at whatever ratio is decided) at conversion day, but will my previously used SPG points also count toward LT status? To me, that is my big question.

I wish I knew, because I am very tempted to use my SPG points now on most leisure stays, as I figure I won't get as good of a bang for the buck after the merger and conversion ratio... but I fear cashing the SPG points in now will hurt me in terms of LT points total. Decisions, decisions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.