Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2010, 6:32 am

Good choice of hotels...Marriott Rive Gauche is a very nice for a Paris visit. As for local transport, you might want to check out www.ratp.fr
As others have mentioned, the walk from the station to the hotel is downhill and short.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 9:29 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by LessO2
Actually, there's the ORLYBUS which goes from Orly to Denfert Rocherau stop. Easier in that your folks won't have to lug the bags from the train up to the surface. I think the cost is 6,80 Euros per person.

The walk from Denfert Rochereau to the hotel is actually downhill, MUCH better than lugging the luggage in the two-stop Metro ride (then, your walk would be a couple of blocks uphill from there).
+1.

It's a very comfortable bus ride and much less hassle than the train. Unless there is an accident, traffic shouldn't be a problem.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 5:48 pm

Thank you, Orlybus it is.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 5:58 pm

I have two rooms booked at Rive Gauche, will guests in both rooms have access to the CL lounge since I am Platinum status?

Last edited by norenewa; Mar 24, 2010 at 5:58 pm Reason: forgot a word
Old Mar 24, 2010, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by busygirl
Note that some posters mentioned free beer/wine: it actually is 4.50 euro per glass and it is an honor bar.........
This is new, as far as charging for beer/wine.
Thanks for the comprehensive report. This property remains my go-to place in Paris. Shall return soon.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by LessO2
I've never been to Orly, but I do not think it's a "straight shot" to D-R on the RER. I think you have to change trains somewhere (it IS a direct shot from CDG, though).
Right, you have to take the OrlyVal tram to the RER station.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by thnarf
I recently stayed at the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche over a weekend and put a video overview together of the hotel, plus the junior suite. So if you'd like to *see* what the hotel and rooms look like, check it out here: http://yelloww.net/blog/2010/01/pari...t-rive-gauche/
Watching this video reminded me of another that pwrshift posted on the AC forum. Here is his video of the Marriott Champs Elysees. And here is the original thread if anyone wants to know where to find that hauntingly beautiful music! ("Tu dors" means "you sleep".)

My 2 cents ... I stayed at the Marriott Rive Gauche in Oct 2008, and was less than impressed with the concierge lounge after having stayed at the Hilton Arc de Triomphe. Now THAT's a lounge! Full complimentary self-serve bar, and food offerings worthy of a restaurant all day long. So if you have a few extra HHonors points kicking around, treat yourself to at least one night at the Hilton ADT.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by aamilesslave
Right, you have to take the OrlyVal tram to the RER station.
I see. You have to take OrlyVal to Antony and transfer on the RER. Any thoughts on the ParisVisite Zones 1-6 ticket for 49 Euros? I will be in Paris for 5 days. This ticket is good on the Orlybus which round trip is 12 Euros. Since we are staying at the Rive Gauche, we will be on the metro quite a bit. We plan on doing Versailles, Notre Dame, Arc de Triomphe, Tour Eiffel, etc which I believe are within the ParisVisite Zones.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Watching this video reminded me of another that pwrshift posted on the AC forum. Here is his video of the Marriott Champs Elysees. And here is the original thread )
Glad to see I'm not the only geek that puts a video together of my hotel rooms!
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
post removed as apparently being helpful is "advertising".

I am not in ANY way affliated with the website I linked to. It appears to be a webpage maintained by an AA Flight Attendant with detail on the area surrounding the Marriott.

Sorry!

Last edited by CarolDisney1; Apr 12, 2010 at 2:58 pm
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
I was just pointed to website over on TripAdvisor maintained by an AA Flight Attendant.

She has an entire section on things around the "layover hotel" which is, of course, this Marriott.

http://www.colleensparis.com/Colleen...Colleagues.htm

I thought it might be useful to those of you planning trips.
I don't want to sound rude, but this is a link to someone's website that claims to be a Paris expert, and in fact does not mention the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel, at least not directly in your link. Is this a spam post/advertisement for Colleen? If not, a link directly to the blurb in the hotel would be the efficient way to post. FTers demand more...
Old Apr 12, 2010, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by weezl
I don't want to sound rude, but this is a link to someone's website that claims to be a Paris expert, and in fact does not mention the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel, at least not directly in your link. Is this a spam post/advertisement for Colleen? If not, a link directly to the blurb in the hotel would be the efficient way to post. FTers demand more...
I will remove the link.

I found it useful. I have never met Colleen and she does not mention the hotel by name, but if you have stayed there you KNOW it's the AA layover hotel.

FTers "demand more" ????? No, YOU demand more.... I don't think any of us should hold ourselves out as representing the majority on this board. Sorry, but asking me nicely to remove the post would have been ok, now you do sound rude.

You will need to edit your post as the link will still appear otherwise!
Old Apr 12, 2010, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
I will remove the link.

I found it useful. I have never met Colleen and she does not mention the hotel by name, but if you have stayed there you KNOW it's the AA layover hotel.

FTers "demand more" ????? No, YOU demand more.... I don't think any of us should hold ourselves out as representing the majority on this board. Sorry, but asking me nicely to remove the post would have been ok, now you do sound rude.

You will need to edit your post as the link will still appear otherwise!

Edited: I have no desire to get into a spat. Sorry for the trouble.

Last edited by weezl; Apr 12, 2010 at 10:07 pm
Old Apr 12, 2010, 8:55 pm

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Originally Posted by weezl
The FT mantra is not to post a link that requires sifting through a lot of information (on a cover page of someone's website yet) without getting to the specific info easily. I apologized ahead of time for sounding rude, but your "?????" would be considered a tad on the rude side as well, no? I did not ask you to remove the link, and in fact your clarification (and maybe a disclaimer at the outset) would have been enough. I don't claim to represent any majority whatsoever, but the mods make it clear that posts should be relevant. That some are not to the point certainly does not validate such activity. In any case, I found it bothersome that I clicked on a link and searched for a while for the point of the link and discovered that it wasn't actually there.
What are you talking about? The entire linked page was devoted to describing the hotel and it's surroundings. It's not a cover page, and there's no info to sift through. Did you even read it?…
Old Apr 13, 2010, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by slowly
What are you talking about? The entire linked page was devoted to describing the hotel and it's surroundings. It's not a cover page, and there's no info to sift through. Did you even read it?…
I expect the problem is that the page never says the word "Marriott" on it so the poster who thinks I was "wrong" to post couldn't make the connection.

However, as I indicated if you have stayed there you know its' the layover hotel for AA. (The lobby is always full of the crew coming and going ) Perhaps the poster who disagrees with the posting had not stayed there? In that case I can see that you would not know it's the hotel being described and I probably did not make that clear in my original post. (I indicated that it was the Marriott, but did not make it clear that the website author did not ever say "Marriott". I have no idea why, maybe AA discourages it?)

One other disclaimer... since I have no idea who the AA FA is who keeps this up, I cannot vouch for how current the data is. I do know that the directions to the grocery, pharmacy etc are all still valid. Resturants change quite often anywhere so those may be out of date.

I had no intention of violiation of any FT rule. I was just posting info I thought might be useful to those staying at this hotel. I stay here quite often (going again in a month) and learned a few new things about the area from the website. Sorry for the "mess"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.