Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2012, 4:11 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by BeBu
We are traveling with our 6 year old son and we are getting upgraded to a Junior Suite!!!
If anyone has suggestions/advice on how to travel to the hotel from airport and any other tips, please do share.
Thanks.
Reading and searching this thread is a good start.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12299889-post31.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/10460771-post28.html
Old Apr 5, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by BeBu
We are traveling with our 6 year old son and we are getting upgraded to a Junior Suite!!!
If anyone has suggestions/advice on how to travel to the hotel from airport and any other tips, please do share.
Thanks.
If saving $ is not an issue, a taxi will get you door to door and relieve you of most baggage carrying issues. Otherwise, the RER B train to Denfert-Rochereau gets you within a 10-15 min walk of the hotel.

Make sure you have exact fare for the RER ticket machines (coins) otherwise you will either have to wait in (usually very long) lines to use a CC or paper money at the train ticket window, or purchase something with paper money at a local vendor (hoping that others have not drained them of their change by the time you show up), making sure that the change you get in return is enough to buy your tickets.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: Avis First, Hertz Gold, Marriott Platinum, US Airways Platinum, AA Platinum, UA Silver, Hilton Diamo
Originally Posted by tbm13
Good news: Complimentary breakfast is now offered on weekends in the restaurant for Gold and Platinum members.

When I checked in last week, the welcome letter said, "Our service times are Monday to Friday except breakfast which is also served at our restaurant only Saturdays and Sundays". I asked at reception if this meant that breakfast in the restaurant on weekends was free for Gold and Platinum members and they confirmed. Apparently they got a lot of complaints a few months ago when they stopped offering breakfast in the lounge. I had breakfast in the restaurant on Saturday and Sunday and nothing showed up on my invoice.

I can also confirm that Internet is complimentary for Gold members. There's also wifi in the rooms but I didn't try it.
Great news - I'll be there in two weeks and update.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:21 am

Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel

I am planning to stay for couple of nights at the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center. IS this close to Eiffel tower, how do I get to this hotel from ORY airport and CDG airport since I am arriving by ORY and leaving via CDG airport.

I am gold member would I get an upgrade to the suite or would that cost me extra. And since I am travelling with a toddler do you know if they provide microwaves in this hotel?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel

It is not close to the Eifel Tower. In fact Montparnasse Tower is in between and you won't even see Messr Eifel's masterpiece.

From ORY or CDG Take the RER B direct to the stop, which I cannot remember the name of. Then a relaxing five minute walk from there.

I believe you will have to pay for a suite upgrade. I don't know about the microwave. There is one in the exec lounge, which is very nice by the way. The lounge staff is about the best I've ever seen in a Marriott. They're incredibly efficient too!
Old Apr 26, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Can I get some advice on this, too....

I'm taking my by-then 17 and 15 year old nieces to Paris for spring break next year, and have made the reservation for this hotel because it is fewer points. I've stayed at the Trocadero and the CE properties and loved them, but I chose this hotel because it was 80k fewer points for the two rooms and has a CL.

Is this a mistake? Would it be a better experience for them to stay at one of the other properties even if it means paying for a couple nights and not having a CL? I know they will have a great experience either way, but I want it to be as close to perfect as possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:03 am

There is a bus from Orly that stops directly infront of the hotel: http://www.ratp.fr/en/ratp/r_28017/orlybus/

The RER stop from CDG is called Denfert-Rochereau. There is a metro station one stop east (Saint-Jacques) that is technically closer to the hotel, but in my opinion it's not worth lugging your luggage through the passageways of the Paris Metro to save 2 minutes or so of walking. It's very easy to get to from the RER station to the hotel.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl

I'm taking my by-then 17 and 15 year old nieces to Paris for spring break next year, and have made the reservation for this hotel because it is fewer points. I've stayed at the Trocadero and the CE properties and loved them, but I chose this hotel because it was 80k fewer points for the two rooms and has a CL.

Is this a mistake? Would it be a better experience for them to stay at one of the other properties even if it means paying for a couple nights and not having a CL? I know they will have a great experience either way, but I want it to be as close to perfect as possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
This hotel is not in a tourist area and is very large but it is a great location for getting around Paris. As noted by others, it is within a few minutes walk of the RER and only a couple of minutes to the nearest Metro that will take you directly to the Eiffel Tower. We have now stayed here 4 times and really don't see the need to pay the high prices for hotels in the tourist areas. Also as noted, the lounge staff is very helpful although the lounge does get very crowded at peak times given it size.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by danpeake
There is a bus from Orly that stops directly infront of the hotel: http://www.ratp.fr/en/ratp/r_28017/orlybus/
Does the bus from Orly stop directly in front of the hotel (if so, what is name of stop) or is it Denfert-Rochereau metro? Posters on this thread say D-R is 10-15 min walk from hotel, google maps says 6 min. Can someone please confirm.

Thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Does the bus from Orly stop directly in front of the hotel (if so, what is name of stop) or is it Denfert-Rochereau metro? Posters on this thread say D-R is 10-15 min walk from hotel, google maps says 6 min. Can someone please confirm.

Thanks.
D-R Sta. to the RG is a 5 minute walk, downhill.

I don't always go to Paris. But when I do, I stay at Rive Gauche. You honestly cannot go wrong IMHO.The higher cost of staying in the tourist areas makes no sense. It is so nice to be in the quiet areas after a long day of touring. Be sure to request a room on the front of the bldg. The view is incredible.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by fmkgb

Thanks.
I took the bus from the hotel to the airport and the stop could not be more directly in front of the hotel. I don't remember the name but if you call the hotel they can probably advise you.

I'm assuming the bus from the airport to the hotel takes the same route, thus lets you off on the opposite side of the street.

Denfert-Rochereau is about a 7 minute walk if memory serves me.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by danpeake
I took the bus from the hotel to the airport and the stop could not be more directly in front of the hotel. I don't remember the name but if you call the hotel they can probably advise you.

I'm assuming the bus from the airport to the hotel takes the same route, thus lets you off on the opposite side of the street.

Denfert-Rochereau is about a 7 minute walk if memory serves me.
The bus travels a loop in only one direction so it goes to the airport from the hotel. From the airport, you will likely (and may only be able to) get to the hotel faster by getting off at Denfert-Rochereau and walking (downhill) as the buses all stop at D-R.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by CJKatl

Is this a mistake? Would it be a better experience for them to stay at one of the other properties even if it means paying for a couple nights and not having a CL? I know they will have a great experience either way, but I want it to be as close to perfect as possible
Take them to the Trocadero.....as you said, it's a lovely property..you can get breakfast at the Trocadero and there are great restaurants close by....what are points, anyway???
Old Apr 27, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Is it possible to have three people in a room in this hotel? My sister may come with us, and if possible, I'd like to have the three of them in one room and me in the other. The hotel site makes it appear there is a two person max per room.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:29 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum,
I have not been able to get three in a regular room at any FS Marriott in Paris, including the Rive Gauche. I have even had the people manning the Plat line call. Only if I book a suite will they allow it.

For the above reason we always wind up using our Hilton points at the Arc de Triomphe while in Paris. It is a great alternative if you have lots of Hilton points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.