Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2020, 11:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Were they closed earlier in the COVID-19 pandemic? The email sounds like this is a new closure, but did they initially close and then reopen before now?
Old Oct 20, 2020, 4:01 am

Sorry to hear this is closing for the time being, but on a small positive this has brought it to my attention there is Cat 5 option in Paris I never knew existed!
Old Oct 20, 2020, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by CALMSP
not surprising and hope there isn't a long term closure for good. This is my usual go-to in Paris.
Likewise. Although I am not sure I will be back in Paris anytime soon, either, so...
Old Oct 21, 2020, 4:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
It was closed back in June already.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 6:44 am

Update!

I booked a stay here for Sept 2021 Today I received thisWe would like to share with you an important information regarding the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel.

Given the economic situation due to Covid-19 and the necessity to undertake significant renovations to better meet our customer expectations, the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel will remain closed to the public until beginning of 2024.

Consequently, we will not be able to honor your reservation and to host any event in our Hotel before this date.

We sincerely regret this situation and apologize for the inconvenience.

They go on to list other options, but sadly none of them are the same combination of "full service" and Cat 5 so I will probably just pay for a hotel room if this trips comes off.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 9:34 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
2024?????!!!!!!! My goodness, are they leveling the hotel and starting from scratch????
Old Apr 2, 2023, 5:47 pm

Anyone heard any updates on this hotel?
Old Apr 3, 2023, 8:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Happened to look over at it while riding by on the metro 6 -- this was maybe 10 days ago -- and it was all boarded up. Quick glance, of course, but it looked very much in long-term disuse. Shame, because it was a pretty good place (Quality:Price) for Paris.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 5:46 pm

Looks bookable for summer 2024. At least I am able to get to the book now option in the Marriott app. Unless it’s an app error - my guess is they wanted it open for the Olympics.
cfischer likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 7:03 am

Booking a week there in November. It looks like they are reopening sometime in September. There appear to be blocks unavailable Sept, Oct, and November. I am wondering if this will be some form of progressive completion with some parts in-the-works like The Lounge. Does anyone have any recent information on The Rive Gauche's reopening?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.