Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Techtravler
I am having trying to decide between this hotel and the Hilton Arc de Triomphe now. I love this Hilton, especially for the lounge. However, on our next trip we would like to see a less touristy side to Paris. I cannot remember if there are less touristy neighborhoods close by to here.
If you want less touristy, PM Rive Gauche is the way to go.

They throttled back a bit on the Executive Lounge. Used to have the breakfast on the weekends (back in April), not any more. Breakfast in restaurant, is 18 or 24 Euros (depending if you get the European or American breakfast). IMO, too expensive (but what isn't in Paris?). Breakfast on weekdays is good in The EL.

No liquor until 5:30 p.m. in the EL.

Internet used to be free, is now 20 Euros a day (even for Elite, until January 7th, I believe....assuming the PMRG will be one of those "participating hotels" that will give Gold & Plat free internet then. Does have iBahn roaming log-in option though (including Boingo).

On the plus side, they increased the number of computers with internet access in the Executive Lounge.

Never been to Hilton ADT, so I cannot give a direct comparison (other than location).
Old Nov 22, 2010, 7:43 pm

Programs: Hhonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by LessO2
If you want less touristy, PM Rive Gauche is the way to go.

They throttled back a bit on the Executive Lounge. Used to have the breakfast on the weekends (back in April), not any more. Breakfast in restaurant, is 18 or 24 Euros (depending if you get the European or American breakfast). IMO, too expensive (but what isn't in Paris?). Breakfast on weekdays is good in The EL.

No liquor until 5:30 p.m. in the EL.

Internet used to be free, is now 20 Euros a day (even for Elite, until January 7th, I believe....assuming the PMRG will be one of those "participating hotels" that will give Gold & Plat free internet then. Does have iBahn roaming log-in option though (including Boingo).

On the plus side, they increased the number of computers with internet access in the Executive Lounge.

Never been to Hilton ADT, so I cannot give a direct comparison (other than location).

The Hilton Lounge is fabulous, but the location is full on tourist. Most would like it, I did the first time I stayed, but this time I want to get a more real experience and do not need to do the tourist stuff again.

We will be there a Wed, Thur and Friday nights, so I will only lose breakfast on Sat morning before we head out, not that big a deal.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:39 am

Programs: Thai silver(expired), Eva Gold(expired), SPG Gold (expired), MR gold, AA Exp 1MM, UA platinum.
no weekend lounge

Called hotel:
NO lounge on the weekends.
No free internet except in the lounge, elites can get in the lounge during the weekends to use internet.
Pay your own breakfast during weekends, who cares if you are elites:

Thanks to all previous posts. I just want to confirm.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:15 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Thanks for taking the time to call.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bacai
Called hotel:
NO lounge on the weekends.
No free internet except in the lounge, elites can get in the lounge during the weekends to use internet.
Pay your own breakfast during weekends, who cares if you are elites:

Thanks to all previous posts. I just want to confirm.
Wait....you say no lounge on the weekend, then elites can get in.

There is no breakfast in the lounge on the weekends, but you CAN access the lounge on weekends.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 3:01 pm

Our experience is that you can enter the lounge on weekends for the wifi and computers but they do not stock it. Things are locked up.

About a year ago we got 1/2 price breakfast on weekends. We didn't complain as it covered 5 of us in two rooms. I actually thought it was a good deal. Only did it one of our weekend days. To much to do and see in Paris.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelersWife
Our experience is that you can enter the lounge on weekends for the wifi and computers but they do not stock it. Things are locked up.

About a year ago we got 1/2 price breakfast on weekends. We didn't complain as it covered 5 of us in two rooms. I actually thought it was a good deal. Only did it one of our weekend days. To much to do and see in Paris.
They lock up the liquor, but not the regular beverages.

There was even hotel staff in the lounge for the three hours I was there recently on the weekend in the middle of the day. And I had a few ginger ales (yes, they're back) while I was there.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Plat
We recently stayed here so I wanted to provide a quick update:
  • Still no free breakfast on weekends in the lounge; sodas and water are unlocked and there are pretzels and other bar snacks out
  • Internet is now free for Plats (and I assume Golds too) ^
  • Wine and beer is complimentary in the lounge during the week. They had a number of red and white bottles open so you could serve yourself, along with a small selection of beer

Overall, a very good hotel in a convenient location - not sketchy and we never felt any concern for safety. We returned at night from the metro a number of nights and had no problem walking from there to the hotel. We'll certainly be returning here in the future.

We took the RER B both to and from CDG, and found it very convenient. Just turn right when you leave the Denfert-Rochereau station on arrival and walk downhill to the hotel.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:52 pm

Thanks for the update.. planning a trip back next fall
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:10 pm

Any updates on this property? I am especially interested in internet. I am heading there the first week in July and need to touch base with my office periodically (Generally I don't, but I did just take over two weeks to go to Italy so guilt is working )

I am debating bringing the laptop or just the IPAD. Is internet still free for Plats and if so are the rooms wifi or wired only? If it's only in the lounge is there wifi in there? (I have tried, I cannot get my office email on their machines. Have NO idea why, but the set up and our security are not compatible. Had to go to an internet cafe for email last time!)

Thanks for any updates! I promise to report what I find regarding the lounge/email etc. (not expecting an upgrade, place looks VERY full that week)

Last edited by Orange County Commuter; Jun 23, 2011 at 12:16 pm
Old Jun 23, 2011, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Plat
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
Any updates on this property? I am especially interested in internet. I am heading there the first week in July and need to touch base with my office periodically (Generally I don't, but I did just take over two weeks to go to Italy so guilt is working )

I am debating bringing the laptop or just the IPAD. Is internet still free for Plats and if so are the rooms wifi or wired only? If it's only in the lounge is there wifi in there? (I have tried, I cannot get my office email on their machines. Have NO idea why, but the set up and our security are not compatible. Had to go to an internet cafe for email last time!)

Thanks for any updates! I promise to report what I find regarding the lounge/email etc. (not expecting an upgrade, place looks VERY full that week)
Yes, internet is free for Plats. There is definitely wired internet in the rooms; not sure about wireless.

There were a number of ppl on laptops in the lounge, so I expect yes, there is wifi in there.

This is all as of February, though.

Last edited by socalsun; Jun 23, 2011 at 1:54 pm
Old Jun 26, 2011, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by socalsun
Yes, internet is free for Plats. There is definitely wired internet in the rooms; not sure about wireless.

There were a number of ppl on laptops in the lounge, so I expect yes, there is wifi in there.

This is all as of February, though.
Thanks! I am going on the assumption that they are going along with the free internet for Plats that is on Marriott's website. I decided to take the laptop instead of the IPAD so I can edit documents if I need to so wired or wireless will work! Hate to work, but.... may be forced to!
Old Jun 26, 2011, 7:38 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
I was there in April on the points of my platinum father but can't remember anything about the internet in the rooms because I had my own room and no need to use the internet there. I also only used the hotel's computers in the executive lounge.

They also served breakfast every morning in a huge room down the hall from the lounge. This included the weekend, if I remember correctly. I think we grabbed coffee from the lounge on the way to the airport on Sunday.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
Complimentary breakfast on weekends

Good news: Complimentary breakfast is now offered on weekends in the restaurant for Gold and Platinum members.

When I checked in last week, the welcome letter said, "Our service times are Monday to Friday except breakfast which is also served at our restaurant only Saturdays and Sundays". I asked at reception if this meant that breakfast in the restaurant on weekends was free for Gold and Platinum members and they confirmed. Apparently they got a lot of complaints a few months ago when they stopped offering breakfast in the lounge. I had breakfast in the restaurant on Saturday and Sunday and nothing showed up on my invoice.

I can also confirm that Internet is complimentary for Gold members. There's also wifi in the rooms but I didn't try it.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 3:34 pm

We are traveling with our 6 year old son and we are getting upgraded to a Junior Suite!!!
If anyone has suggestions/advice on how to travel to the hotel from airport and any other tips, please do share.
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.